giorgiokaan

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I'm on my way to Precision Golf near London for my first ever fitting! I am getting a 2 hour iron fitting. Precision Golf is quite expensive (full bag fit is 270 pounds) but apparently they are the best on this side of the pond. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes when i'm done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very cool! fwiw that is pretty much the going rate for full bag fits at the higher end places in the states as well.

let us know how it goes and what you get fit into.

What irons are you looking to try? Or are you open to any?

Sounds like fun. Interested to see what they get you fit into.

What irons are you looking to try? Or are you open to any?

I have a bias towards the apex pros, but to be honest anything which fits into that "players+forgiveness" category is great. I am more curious about the lenght and lie as I am a tall guy and have always played with standard length clubs. I can't wait to have stuff tailored for my size.

very cool! fwiw that is pretty much the going rate for full bag fits at the higher end places in the states as well.

let us know how it goes and what you get fit into.

Good to know, I always saw the "free fitting if you purchase" kind of offer in bigger stores so I based myself on that. I guess premium fitting is very different though.

Enjoy the fitting!! Having all the information available for you is such a great experience to be a part of. If you can get screenshots or take pictures, I highly suggest it. Better yet, if they are able to somehow send you the data, that would be the best. Great to have something to look back on in the future. Have fun most of all!!!

Ended up trying the apex pro, tm 760s, the mizunos koepka uses (don't remember which) and those great new srixon irons (also don't remember model name).

Got fit into apex pro 19s with kbs tour 120s. Really similar to what I had before just a better and improved model. 1/2 inch long and 0.5* upright with midsize grips.

Not 200% sure I should pull the trigger. The improvement was pretty much only on side to side dispersion and a bit of consistency.

Also if I do buy them I might get them from a different store as sadly precision golf are great fitters but charge almost 30% more for clubs compared to the store I usually buy them from.

Ended up trying the apex pro, tm 760s, the mizunos koepka uses (don't remember which) and those great new srixon irons (also don't remember model name).

Got fit into apex pro 19s with kbs tour 120s. Really similar to what I had before just a better and improved model. 1/2 inch long and 0.5* upright with midsize grips.

Not 200% sure I should pull the trigger. The improvement was pretty much only on side to side dispersion and a bit of consistency.

Also if I do buy them I might get them from a different store as sadly precision golf are great fitters but charge almost 30% more for clubs compared to the store I usually buy them from.

I went through my first fitting(s) earlier this year and you hit the same sticks I did, can't go wrong with any of them, I'm delighted with my choice. Bridgestone also has some nice offerings.

Tighter dispersion is a great thing.

My first fitting

Tighter dispersion is a great thing.

Yeah I was having a good swing day and the numbers on the apex were perfect. 130mph ball speed, 4800-5000rpm spin, and a 5x5 yard dispersion at 190 carry with the 6i.

Sounds kind of like Club Champion. But, to be fair. They aren't just ordering the club from the manufacturer in those specs. They are building the clubs there and ensuring they meet spec. Assuming it's the same story here. The OEM's do an alright job, but if you do enough research into any of them you will find instances where they are out of spec with loft, lie, swing weight, and even length at times. Not saying you are taking a gamble by any means. But, if you do order and have them built by the OEM, would be a good idea to have the specs verified after they arrive.

Yeah the built by hand aspect makes sense. However I am not 100% sure it is worth spending 25% more. I am planning on getting new wedges too and that would cover 2 vokeys

Yeah the built by hand aspect makes sense. However I am not 100% sure it is worth spending 25% more. I am planning on getting new wedges too and that would cover 2 vokeys
I hear you there. I'd be in the same boat as you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I hear you there. I'd be in the same boat as you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to ask if they can bring the price down a notch, maybe by forgoing the shaft PUREing (pretty sure that is useless).

I have decided to buy them online and have them checked later. The site I buy from offers quite good personalization so I can spec them identically and I have been a long time customer, so I will ask them if they can check all the loft, lies and SWs before sending them to me. The price online is c. 850, whereas the fitter quoted me close to 1300.

Back