Behind the Scenes: Tour UST Mamiya

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this week we took a trip to Texas to sit down with the team at UST Mamiya and while there we asked them to give everybody a behind the scenes look at their headquarters. Here Danny Le, walks you through every aspect of shaft creation and testing in their building in this tour.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/behind-scenes-take-tour-ust-mamiya/

Great video!! Love UST Mamiya shafts

Great Video, it's awesome to be able to see behind the scenes and get that type of information right from one of the industry leaders.

Awesome video!

Thanks for the video. I love seeing how the shafts are made and how the numbers are determined. Many thanks to Danny and UST for the access.

This is a fantastic behind the scenes video!

Danny is the man!!!

• Admin
This is a fantastic behind the scenes video!

Glad people are enjoying it. Fun to shoot and fun to edit it al together.

I enjoy learning about the manufacturing process for all golf products. This video is outstanding. Kudos to THP, Danny, and UST for the great presentation.

I've enjoyed all the recent threads with UST and Danny. It would be pretty amazing to go through a fitting with him - either at that fitting center or any THP event.

very cool, love seeing that kind of stuff.

The access shown is pretty incredible and then combine that with Danny's knowledge and it goes to another level. Great video.

Wow... That was an incredible video!! So much science and engineering behind a golf shaft!

I could spend days in that facility between the build room, production room, paint room, and fitting studio.

It was awesome to have UST Mamiya open their doors to us so we could provide a full spectrum view of what they have at their disposal.

Danny is the man!!!
Can't echo this enough!
I could spend days in that facility between the build room, production room, paint room, and fitting studio.

It was awesome to have UST Mamiya open their doors to us so we could provide a full spectrum view of what they have at their disposal.
Man I miss that place! Love the new lounge addition to the fitting studio too.

A great video, every time I hear Danny talk about shafts, I always feel smarter! He explains stuff in such great detail and usually it's stuff I knew nothing about before.

Video was awesome, that's a lot of tech for testing shafts!!! Did not realize the raw materials had to temperature controlled but makes sense after Danny's explanation

This was a pretty cool video. I picked up they can make anything with a tube shape and Danny mentioned pool cues...a UST branded pool cue would be nice.

Such a cool video! The facilities are amazing. All those great fun gadgets. Danny has such a cool job!

Great video, I still tense up a bit every time they bend the shaft to test tip stiffness

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for putting that together. Still makes me cringe watching a shaft bend like that.

Very informative video. I never realized how much goes into making just one shaft.

I know that I can't stop watching when auto dealers crash their vehicles for testing. I would love to see a slow-motion video of UST using that break test machine as it breaks a shaft for testing. I wonder if they explode or just crack in half?

UST Mamiya shafts have typically had pretty bold graphics in the past, but it seems like they are "turning down the volume" a little but lately, especially with the V2. Any reasons for this?

Back