Behind the Scenes: Tour UST Mamiya

That is a cool 360° pic! That hitting bay is so legit.

That would be so awesome.

Crazy blue shafts for my irons. Oh man.
I've had been looking at another color but I keep coming back to that blue. I could stare at this all day.
20f2a161bed7a4a26d9f2ff804fb9645.jpg

That Blue recoil just pops and would fit well if it was just a tad darker. Some recoil lettering in maize and I would be set.

How cool is the set up on that fitting bay...great on UST listening to the feedback and making a HUGE fitting bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had been looking at another color but I keep coming back to that blue. I could stare at this all day.
20f2a161bed7a4a26d9f2ff804fb9645.jpg

I was thinking more like a subtle blue. Kind of like the custom gold THP ones that @JB was showcasing recently. That would be insane.

I just watched it and saw an old satec impact tester in the background. That was my absolute favorite piece of testing equipment when I was a TA in Materials Science Lab 20 years ago. Fun to determine the breakpoint in various materials.
d45282c8d28e250488ff4033e6343e36.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great video.... wonder what that proprietary machine looks like?

Stemmy66;n8636723 said:
Great video.... wonder what that proprietary machine looks like?

Pretty industrial haha.

JB;n8882159 said:
Pretty industrial haha.

Not funny . Seriously, are they worried about competition reverse engineering a similar machine? There is some much tech that goes into shaft builds it’s gotta be really cool if it proprietary.

Stemmy66;n8882211 said:
Not funny . Seriously, are they worried about competition reverse engineering a similar machine? There is some much tech that goes into shaft builds it’s gotta be really cool if it proprietary.

I think all companies that have their own devices, prefer to keep them in house.

What I like about those types of machines, is that it makes their process a bit unique.

Nothing that flows on bells and whistles, but surely a benefit to their progress in the respective field.

I know some THPers that were recently in the Graphite Challenge might have missed this, so for those that enjoy behind the scenes looks at HQ's, this is a fun one.

I watched this again and it means that much more the second time through. The test lab is darn cool, as are the rolling and paint facilities. Great tour!

Cool. Are the shafts that come out of that facility just prototypes? Liked the V2 back in the day but my favorite is the Ping Tour (i.e., Chrome Elements) - they all have a UST label on them, but show being made in Bangladesh. Always wondered how the partnership with Ping worked out as far as normal production goes.

Attachments

• 20190926_164150.jpg
    20190926_164150.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3
Cool. Are the shafts that come out of that facility just prototypes? Liked the V2 back in the day but my favorite is the Ping Tour (i.e., Chrome Elements) - they all have a UST label on them, but show being made in Bangladesh. Always wondered how the partnership with Ping worked out as far as normal production goes.

UST Mamiya owns their own factory in Bangladesh.

UST Mamiya owns their own factory in Bangladesh.

Thanks. Should have taken a moment to search, but figured as much. Found this clip from the other forum about it - a bit dated, but apparently still true:

Attachments

• 32E48CBB-7FC3-4085-9246-29ECA0F637E0.jpeg
    32E48CBB-7FC3-4085-9246-29ECA0F637E0.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. Should have taken a moment to search, but figured as much. Found this clip from the other forum about it - a bit dated, but apparently still true:

Despite that being 5 years ago it is still the case with the exception of a couple of ATTAS lines that were done at factory due to demand.

Back