Replacement for Karma Cords

Sharpie

Reaction score
My Mizuno MP18's have Karma full cord grips on them. Honestly, I've loved them for the two months I've had them. But this week, they started chewing up my hands. Ripped open callous' and started making blisters... this is the first time in 25 years of playing golf that this has ever happened to me.
I'm also one of the rare few that prefers to not wear a glove. Yesterday when my hand ripped open on hole 3 was the 2nd time in my life I've ever put a glove on for golf. I never wore gloves has a baseball player either.
I'm interested in hearing new grip suggestions, reasons why I should just stick with wearing a glove, or any other opinions you might have... I really like these grips, but it's difficult to play when your hands are mangled.

Sharpie;n117025 said:
My Mizuno MP18's have Karma full cord grips on them. Honestly, I've loved them for the two months I've had them. But this week, they started chewing up my hands. Ripped open callous' and started making blisters... this is the first time in 25 years of playing golf that this has ever happened to me.
I'm also one of the rare few that prefers to not wear a glove. Yesterday when my hand ripped open on hole 3 was the 2nd time in my life I've ever put a glove on for golf. I never wore gloves has a baseball player either.
I'm interested in hearing new grip suggestions, reasons why I should just stick with wearing a glove, or any other opinions you might have... I really like these grips, but it's difficult to play when your hands are mangled.

I'm currently using Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grips on my clubs, but what I was going to say is that I've always been partial to the Winn Dry-Tac grips. They have a softer feel to me than the Golf Pride grips do.

When I was, for a short time, playing without a glove, I liked the Winn Dry-Tac and the Super Stroke Cross Comfort grips. both were a bit soft, but very easy on the hands. Along those lines, check out the new Super Stroke Traxion grips. If you are looking for a similar half corded grip that should be a bit easier on your hand, the Lamkin Z5 could be a good option for you.

Here is a review by Jman on the Traxion grips, and below that is a recent THP video on grip selection in general. Good Luck.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/super-stroke-traxion-swing-grips-review/

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/choosing-swing-grips/

They're expensive, but last an incredibly long time which offsets the cost. Best Grips - leather perforated grips with sticky awesomeness on them. They're the only grip I've ever used that let's me play without a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking to stay with something with a lot of texture like corded grips, maybe check out Lamkins grip selections. The Sonar and Sonar Tour are both highly textured without being rough on the hands.

Sooner21;n8878194 said:
They're expensive, but last an incredibly long time which offsets the cost. Best Grips - leather perforated grips with sticky awesomeness on them. They're the only grip I've ever used that let's me play without a glove.

I have been looking to install these. How do they feel when wet?

Tacki-mac IT2 is a great grip that flies under the radar... they feel "sticky" which may turn some people off, but I rotate between those and MCC4+s, with the IT2 being softer on the hands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

wubears71;n8878207 said:
I have been looking to install these. How do they feel when wet?

They're still great when wet. Give them a quick wipe down with a towel and the stick comes back out immediately. I have around 100 rounds on mine and they still look/feel brand new.

Back