Choosing Your Swing Grips

I’ve been a tour velvet player forever. I liked GP’s corded grips, but would tear my hands up when I was more of a range rat. I rarely go to the range now and had a grip slip on me recently. So I decided to try the other extreme for a while - ZGrip Cords.

Taking grip inventory on current bag set...
Driver- MCC Align
3 wood - Tour Velvet
7 wood - MCC Align
4i hybrid - Lamkin Z5
Irons - Tour Velvet
Wedges - Tour Velvet

The driver, 7 wood and 4i hybrid are new clubs and grips. All three grips seem to work well. The iron grips and 3 wood grips are old and eed regripping. Debating whether to go all MCC, all Tour Velvet or maybe even woods and hybrid be MCC and irons be Tour Velvet.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

scott.french3;n8637683 said:
Taking grip inventory on current bag set...
Driver- MCC Align
3 wood - Tour Velvet
7 wood - MCC Align
4i hybrid - Lamkin Z5
Irons - Tour Velvet
Wedges - Tour Velvet

The driver, 7 wood and 4i hybrid are new clubs and grips. All three grips seem to work well. The iron grips and 3 wood grips are old and eed regripping. Debating whether to go all MCC, all Tour Velvet or maybe even woods and hybrid be MCC and irons be Tour Velvet.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The new TC +4's are REALLY nice, and the Align version has kind of breathed new life into that line for me. Definitely worth a look!

Really glad everyone has enjoyed the video, this was a fun one the boys (Dean and Dan) and I came up with, simple and a cool take to see so many styles in one space.

Great vid. I use Jumbo grips, as I have large palms and relatively short fingers. Anything less than Jumbo and I feel like I have to strangle the club to hold on to it, but with Jumbos I can do the baby bird in your hand thing.

Interesting video, and discussion. Personally, I use a "group 2" type grip on my irons, a discontinued Lamkin Crossline model, that isn't too soft, and remains tacky just about forever (with regular cleaning of course). I use Lamkin UTx on the rest of my clubs, and actually think they probably fall between "group 2" and "group 3". They are full cords, but are far from harsh or "sandpaper". I don't wear a glove, and have never had any issues with the UTx being hard on the hands. I bought a bunch of the Crosslines when they were being discontinued, and still have enough to regrip the irons one more time, but keep thinking about either going UTx on everything, or maybe going with the new Sonar Tours.

I'm dying. First 1-2 minutes. I just can't.

Back