got a pretty awesome deal on a tz6 for my taylormade. cant wait to hit it

@Jman, I know u r testing the tz5 in your m5 driver now. Just curious how it compares to the tz6?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

My brother! Sorry I missed this.

Yeah, the TZ5 and TPT have been doing battle.

I actually like the 5 more from the 6 I have, which surprises me, but it’s got a little lower spin and slightly flatter launch on it, which still hurts my head that those things give me better numbers overall.

The feel is silly good just like the 6.

I am impressed, even if I may be leaning TPT for me longer term right now.

2be483890aa8d37ef86f61eef46b8783.jpg

539608e4bfb7fabc3bce4ec429882af6.jpg

a little head to head against the hogan lin-q combo?

haha that is exactly the plan!!! Im so torn between what's the right fit for me. On paper technically the Lin-q hogan is ideal for me. My current m5 setup has me spinning it more than I should be so thought id splurge a little and try the tz6 to see if it helps. Worst comes to worst I know there's a huge market of people wanting the tz6 and could easily sell it w/o taking a loss

haha that is exactly the plan!!! Im so torn between what's the right fit for me. On paper technically the Lin-q hogan is ideal for me. My current m5 setup has me spinning it more than I should be so thought id splurge a little and try the tz6 to see if it helps. Worst comes to worst I know there's a huge market of people wanting the tz6 and could easily sell it w/o taking a loss

that tz6 is really interesting to me. i know it's stupid to say, but i think one reason i'm so intrigued is because the graphics are so cool haha

looking forward to your feedback on both combos

My brother! Sorry I missed this.

Yeah, the TZ5 and TPT have been doing battle.

I actually like the 5 more from the 6 I have, which surprises me, but it’s got a little lower spin and slightly flatter launch on it, which still hurts my head that those things give me better numbers overall.

The feel is silly good just like the 6.

I am impressed, even if I may be leaning TPT for me longer term right now.

2be483890aa8d37ef86f61eef46b8783.jpg

539608e4bfb7fabc3bce4ec429882af6.jpg
No worries, enjoy reading all your updates. U know who to call when its time to move that tz5! I liked the tz6 in my g400 lst so I'm sure I will like it in my m5 when I finally get a chance to get out. Fingers crossed it will b tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hit the range yesterday for the first time with the tz6 in my m5.....OMG!!!! this shaft feels incredible. Very smooth feel and I notice the low torque, but does not feel boardy at all. I went with the 75g m5(x stiff). The ball explodes off the face and launches effortlessly. As a high launch/low spin combo it definitely gets up fast but keeps going forever. Very penetrating flight

Flight wise it is very very similar to the Graphite Design AD IZ shafts in my fairways, but the tz6 imo has less of a kick. The tz6 is supposed to have a more active tip but personally I dont feel that, the GD AD IZ is more active I think. Personally Ive loved the AD IZ shafts and they will be in my fairways for a long time, but the tz6 feels even better!!!

I dont have numbers to compare but I hit this combo yesterday vs the Hogan/Lin-Q set up. Both are killer combinations but I could clearly see the difference in the high launch(tz6) vs low launch(Lin-Q). Ball speed wise I want to say the hogan/lin-q looked faster, but I think it was deceiving to my eye b/c it launched lower and can see more clearly the ball fly out quickly since it was much lower launching. At the shaft up event I hit 163 mph ball speed with this so I know its very fast. Carry distance seemed like the tz6 was longer so it would come down to how much roll each gets.

The big thing for me is accuracy. The tz6 was very easy to control, even on max effort swings. I only hit 10 balls with the tz6 b/c I put a brand new grip on it and didnt want to mess it up, but every drive landed within 20 yards left to right of each other. The Hogan/Lin-q was a little harder to control. What I noticed with the Lin-q was when I didnt swing 100% it was very accurate and easy to launch dead straight. My problem on the tee is I want to kill every drive so I usually end up swinging all out.

All in all both are very high quality shafts and the 2 best ive ever swung. Right now id lean towards the tz6 b/c I feel I can be more aggressive with it and not worry about a wild miss. I would love to put this in my fairways, but the GD AD IZ performs so amazing for me there is no need to change (and spend $800 for 2 more shafts lol)

Bumping this because of the Project X Small Batch Experience that was held last week.

Got to ask DB about the acquisition of ACCRA and what role it will play as well as what changes will or won't be made.

Its definitely going to be a beneficial for both kind of relationship IMO.

Also makes me want to put one of my TZ's into the OG One if I don't go Hulk now.

I like reading all of the positive posts on the TZ6 as i just got fit into them last Friday! I am looking forward to getting these in my clubs and out on the course.

I like reading all of the positive posts on the TZ6 as i just got fit into them last Friday! I am looking forward to getting these in my clubs and out on the course.
Hope you enjoy. Really strong offering IMO. I need to get mine moved to my OG One soon.

Hope you enjoy. Really strong offering IMO. I need to get mine moved to my OG One soon.

Juding from the picture you posted a few months ago, you are playing M4 flex in the TZ5 correct? I am probably going to get one and was thinking about going M3 tipped to play between M3 and M4. I am still gaming the TZ6 M4 flex and really like it but am a little hesitant going the same flex in the TZ5 due to the much stiffer tip and lower launch. The profile of the TZ5 actaully sounds similar to the Matrix Reign Black that I gamed for about 3 years.

Juding from the picture you posted a few months ago, you are playing M4 flex in the TZ5 correct? I am probably going to get one and was thinking about going M3 tipped to play between M3 and M4. I am still gaming the TZ6 M4 flex and really like it but am a little hesitant going the same flex in the TZ5 due to the much stiffer tip and lower launch. The profile of the TZ5 actaully sounds similar to the Matrix Reign Black that I gamed for about 3 years.
It's tipped an inch. So it plays stronger than M4. Went with that on the TZ5 because its intended to be the lower launcher compared to the TZ6 I played M5 in.

The 5 isn't as low as I expected it to be, but, its definitely lower than the 6.

It's tipped an inch. So it plays stronger than M4. Went with that on the TZ5 because its intended to be the lower launcher compared to the TZ6 I played M5 in.

The 5 isn't as low as I expected it to be, but, its definitely lower than the 6.
According to Accra, if you tipped it an inch, you took it to M5. They told me 1/2" for in between flex and an inch to go to the next flex.

What you are saying about the TZ5 is kind what we both saw in the Matrix. Did not launch as low as billed for either of us.

Back