Haha this one has my attention since @jman is raving about it

Massive fan.

The TZ6 has been a ton of fun.

You might be more in the 5 profile though?

Massive fan.

He was talking 6 last time he mentioned it.

The 5 is haunting me and I know next to nothing about it haha

Massive fan.

As much as I'd like to think I'm in need of the 5 I'm really not lol. If the dude from TXG is good with tz6 then it might even be too much for me lol. What I need is a shaft that will magically lower my strike point 10 mm. Wait 10 sounds like A LOT so let's say 1 cm haha
He was talking 6 last time he mentioned it.

The 5 is haunting me and I know next to nothing about it haha
Yeah the 5 might be filthy for you

As much as I'd like to think I'm in need of the 5 I'm really not lol. If the dude from TXG is good with tz6 then it might even be too much for me lol. What I need is a shaft that will magically lower my strike point 10 mm. Wait 10 sounds like A LOT so let's say 1 cm hahaYeah the 5 might be filthy for you

Haha. 1 cm definitely sounds better.

All in all, the feel of the shaft in the swing is what’s wild. It’s addicting. At the same time, when I get out of my winter swing mind, it just begs me to really go after it. I’m hoping next week I can get some LM time with it finally.

Has anyone had the chance to hit the TZ5 vs the TZ6? I was able to try the TZ5 yesterday. Felt great. Had a very different feel to it. It felt active, but not until the moment of impact. Almost like I couldn't feel any specific part bend more than the other, but just a moment before impact, the tip went crazy and kicked hard.

I liked it quite a bit. But, the numbers didn't align straight in. I typically used to go with a mid launch mid spin shaft. I thought the TZ6 would be the ticket. Didn't get a chance to try it. But after the TZ5 launched and spun too much, the fitter didn't think the TZ6 would offer any better results.

My thought is to order the TZ5 and have it tipped an inch to bring it more in line performance wise with the Pro Orange. But hopefully retain the more active feel that the Pro Orange lacks. But, I'm concerned that tipping this shaft would really mess with the way the tip feels like it kicks.

I don't have any experience with Accra shafts, so I'm not sure tipping it an inch is advisable.

The other option is to go TZ6 tipping it an inch. I didn't realize how tired I would get during the fitting. After hitting roughly 80 drives in a hour, I wasn't able to get very useful data as my swing and timing got off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Haha. 1 cm definitely sounds better.

All in all, the feel of the shaft in the swing is what’s wild. It’s addicting. At the same time, when I get out of my winter swing mind, it just begs me to really go after it. I’m hoping next week I can get some LM time with it finally.
R u still playing the tz6?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

R u still playing the tz6?

It’s in my F9 still, yeah.

Not a ton of golf for me lately with coaching in full swing, but it’s battling with the Epic Flash right now for the spot. Either way, I’m going to spend more time with this one soon. It’s an addicting feel to be sure, really want to see numbers when I get my head and swing right.

Right on, I picked up a tz6 55 with a taylormade tip that will go up against the the g400 lst with the tz6 65 in a couple of months. What shaft r u using in the flash?

Last edited:
Still enjoying the smooth feel of this shaft (TZ6 ss) in the TEE EXS head. I do feel that the shaft is somewhat demanding and requires a good swing. Now that my course it finally starting to dry out a good bit, I am seeing a lot more benefit from the low spin nature of the shaft in the form of some increased roll out.

Anyone playing the fx 2.0 (260 m5) by chance? I'm eyeing a driver with that shaft. I was fit into a kuro kage xstiff, wondering how this compares.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm going to check out the I series tour iron shafts. That said I will likely check out some wood shafts as well.

I'm going to check out the I series tour iron shafts. That said I will likely check out some wood shafts as well.

had an iron fitting this past Sunday and ended up in the i110 shafts. Had a weird feel in my opinion. As a PX 6.5 user for 3 years ( I dont find them stout or heavy at all), the i110 didnt feel good to me. possibly the lighter weight. I never felt good contact and could not tell where the club head was throughout my swing. I hit my irons pretty damn straight or with a draw, hardly ever miss right. With the i110 I could not close the face for the life of me!! I set up the same (slightly right of target) and the ball would start on that path but fade. It didn't produce a slice at all, but a very playable fade.

My fitter let me take the built club onto the course and I just couldnt get along with it. Id have to completely change my game if I wanted to game these shafts. Launches easily, brought my spin up which I needed, and always had a subtle fade. But of course once I started aiming left of target I would draw the ball.

I dont deny that for the right person these are good shafts, but at over $80/shaft and my new set gonna cost me $2500, I couldnt justify that price

had an iron fitting this past Sunday and ended up in the i110 shafts. Had a weird feel in my opinion. As a PX 6.5 user for 3 years ( I dont find them stout or heavy at all), the i110 didnt feel good to me. possibly the lighter weight. I never felt good contact and could not tell where the club head was throughout my swing. I hit my irons pretty damn straight or with a draw, hardly ever miss right. With the i110 I could not close the face for the life of me!! I set up the same (slightly right of target) and the ball would start on that path but fade. It didn't produce a slice at all, but a very playable fade.

My fitter let me take the built club onto the course and I just couldnt get along with it. Id have to completely change my game if I wanted to game these shafts. Launches easily, brought my spin up which I needed, and always had a subtle fade. But of course once I started aiming left of target I would draw the ball.

I dont deny that for the right person these are good shafts, but at over $80/shaft and my new set gonna cost me $2500, I couldnt justify that price

I would like a very soft fade with Irons. It could be a weight thing for you. Have you tried the recoil 125?

I would like a very soft fade with Irons. It could be a weight thing for you. Have you tried the recoil 125?

Yea I dunno why he went with a lighter weight for me. I try not to question a certified fitter but the whole time I was questioning to myself why the hell am I hitting this shaft. haven't tried those no.... I really should just be patient cuz I'm one of the participants in the next Ust Mamiya shaft event and im sure ill get to try them then

Yea I dunno why he went with a lighter weight for me. I try not to question a certified fitter but the whole time I was questioning to myself why the hell am I hitting this shaft. haven't tried those no.... I really should just be patient cuz I'm one of the participants in the next Ust Mamiya shaft event and im sure ill get to try them then

Nice! You can put your elements chrome up against their newer stuff.

First round of the year in the books & also first time hitting my tz6 outside. Not the most ideal day to judge performance as it was only +5*C but I can say I liked what I saw. Distances seemed very similar to my atmos ts blue I used all last year, flight was probably a bit higher but nothing excessive. The feel is definitely different & tough to explain but I am looking forward to getting out again hopefully on a warmer day. Forecast is showing snow on & off for the next week so it may b awhile before I get out again.

Nice! You can put your elements chrome up against their newer stuff.

yea I cant wait! Tried the Attas COOOL for a little but the chrome was still better. I think one of (probably both) of the LIN-Q shafts are counterbalanced like the chrome so I cant wait to get my hands on it!

ACCRA Shafts

Got the TZ6 M4 playing at 44.5 on my F9 9* head and while I love the feel, it is launching too low. I set it to 10.5 but still little lower than I would prefer. Any suggestions?

I ordered the 18/6gr weights to help maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone have any updated thoughts on these shafts now that most everyone is I'm full swing?

Kicking around the idea of picking one up. Initially I thought I'd be a TZ6 guy, but for how high the Epic Flash SZ seems to launch the ball, I'm thinking TZ5 may actually be a better choice. Looking for something to put up against the Pro Orange which is pretty stout and the HZRDUS Smoke Green that I'll be receiving shortly. Looking to change up the profile a bit.

Is the TZ5 really all that low launching? Is the TZ6 really high? Would the TZ6 compare to the AD DI or Blueboard profile?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to trade a tz5 m4 or ventus 6s for a tz6 m4 with a ping g400 tip on it shoot me a PM.

Out of curiosity- for those playing the TZ6- would you say this plays firm to flex?

I was recently in for a fitting and was put in a TZ6 65 M3 for 3-wood and TZ6 85 M3 for hybrid. My swing speed (94 hybrid / 98 3 wood) would lend me to believe I should be in the M4- but maybe not! My ego will not be bruised.

@Jman, I know u r testing the tz5 in your m5 driver now. Just curious how it compares to the tz6?

Back