JonD

2024 Quest Cup w/Edel Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok. So I went for a fitting last Friday and was fitted for an AC by ACCRA shaft (http://www.accragolf.com/golf-shafts/ac-accra/). I trust my fitter so I'm fairly confident that it will be a good fit. However I'd never heard of them before. Anybody have any experience with ACCRA? Seems like a fairly affordable alternative to some of the pricier options. I'll be sure to write up my experience but wanted to see if anyone else out there had gamed anything made by them before. Thanks!

I'm not too familar with that model but I have read about this brand on the club builders and long drive forums who would put a Geek, Bang, or SMT driver head with it. Its not a "sexy" brand but does perdorm well. From what I've read. Hopefully someone who has tried this brand can provide more input.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

I have heard of Accra before, they are a well respected shaft brand. Luke Donald plays an Accra in his FW and many other pros play Accra. I have never hit one before but if I was "fit" into one I would be pretty excited.

Last edited:
I've never heard of these shafts, but they're made by UST and a Japanese company? They sell cheap; I'm actually excited about this. I want to try them out!

Let us know how they work for you

I play these in my hybrids and they're awesome for me. I wasn't fit for them, but chose the profile I felt would give me what I wanted and they're performing just as advertised. Great feel and the ball just flies.

Wanted to check into this thread and let you guys know that so far the shaft has worked out great. It's taken a bit of getting used to but I feel like I'm right on track. Haven't had a single range session other than to warm up prior to a round. 2.5 rounds in and I'm pretty confident in it. Once I got back to committing to a faster swing, I was used to laying off a bit, everything has started coming together. At this point I'd say I'm very pleased.

contemplating getting an Accra shaft for my driver... anyone have additional feedback on these shafts on their drivers? thanks

i gamed a cs1 in driver for a few months. very expensive, solid if a little dead feeling. now they're very affordable, so i guess they were a miss with people as they were with me.

Hello - Has anyone tried the new FX series? Looking at the 200 mid launch range.
I have the 100 series in a fw and was wondering on the 200 for a driver.
Thank you

How cool does this look!
20776821_10155685439807082_7116549538542626780_o.jpg

Add some nostalgia to your game by getting your hands on our limited edition "Hickory" look shaft. Contact your closest fitter using the find a fitter tab on our website.

How cool does this look!
20776821_10155685439807082_7116549538542626780_o.jpg

Saw that on IG and thought they look great. Now pair it up with the wood grain F7 and we have something special.

I have been playing the i90 and i100 tour for quite a while and love these shafts, very smooth feeling and great control. Not the cheapest out there but a great option if you can try them.

Just nabbed FX 2.0 270 M5 and 200F M5 to tinker with in the 585 driver and TEE CBX 4w, I've wanted to try Accra for a long while now.

So you get me to try the TPT then switch to Accra....man you are tough to keep up with :bulgy-eyes:

I did love them in my Honma irons, one of those regretful changes. Should have keep those shafts and they were PURED...so much better ha, ha.

So you get me to try the TPT then switch to Accra....man you are tough to keep up with :bulgy-eyes:

I did love them in my Honma irons, one of those regretful changes. Should have keep those shafts and they were PURED...so much better ha, ha.
Hahaha, no way dude, the TPT is secure in the gamer (G400 Max), but I want to tinker some more with the 585, there's just SOMETHING about that head that had my intrigue.

I swapped out the 16 for a 15 LKP MT SW and will see how that goes tomorrow. Hoping for much more than I saw with the 16 LKP LT LW
I was seeing the same distance as the ATMOS but no idea where it was going, I think I was getting way too much spin but no numbers so who knows.

ACCRA Shafts

i’ll be fit into an accra ox driver shaft in november at the txg golf session here in orlando. i know nothing about these shafts and will do a little homework. i had an accra concept series for a little while but moved on pretty quickly. also tested the i80 iron shafts last year but didn’t see anything better than other oems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got fit for an fx 2.0 150 M4 I think, have had it in my driver for a while. I like it quite a bit, but not sure if it is really any better than a couple of the other driver shafts I have tried in the last couple years. Cool looking shaft, and I think does about as well as my swing will let it.

I got fit for an fx 2.0 150 M4 I think, have had it in my driver for a while. I like it quite a bit, but not sure if it is really any better than a couple of the other driver shafts I have tried in the last couple years. Cool looking shaft, and I think does about as well as my swing will let it.
That last line explains so much of golf shaft testing/tinkering. Hahaha

Hey there....

a662649fd070897a09920467815e2acd.jpg

Hey there....

a662649fd070897a09920467815e2acd.jpg

Would like to get your thoughts on the FW specific shaft. Which club is it going into? $175 for a Made in Japan shaft that has a profile specifically for FW is very tempting.

Would like to get your thoughts on the FW specific shaft. Which club is it going into? $175 for a Made in Japan shaft that has a profile specifically for FW is very tempting.
Driver into Srixon 585 and fairway into TEE CBX 16.5 for now.

Smooth. So smooth.

Totally would love to learn more about this company now. I'm pretty impressed, very quickly.

Back