Oh nice, so basically the profile I'd go with as well. Maybe M5 if I was feeling froggy. Even more intrigued now.

You'd likely want the TZ5 rather than the TZ6, 6 is higher launcher.

You'd likely want the TZ5 rather than the TZ6, 6 is higher launcher.

still reading. "slightly smoother midsection" sounds like a familiar profile like maybe HZRDUS yellow, which i love to drive through the ball especially in the stiffer flexes.

Which flex is coming?

"Spin killing machine" sounds amaaaazing.
M4 (stiff). And James is right, the TZ5 would probably be a better fit for you. Lower launching and spinning profile.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

M4 (stiff). And James is right, the TZ5 would probably be a better fit for you. Lower launching and spinning profile.

He doesn't listen to me. :angel:

i'm really looking forward to your thoughts, scott.

i'm really looking forward to your thoughts, scott.
Should have some in about 5 hours. Hopefully the awesome looks will carry over to the performance side. Very optimistic.

Should have some in about 5 hours. Hopefully the awesome looks will carry over to the performance side. Very optimistic.

Mostly I'm angry at you got having golf weather.

Mostly I'm angry at you got having golf weather.
Haha. It finally got here this week and hope it stays for a while. The course is still a saturated mess though.

Winner winner chicken dinner! Loved my first round with the TZ6. Very smooth and stable feel to the shaft. Cut it to play at 45" in the TEE EXS 9.5 head. Though I don't have access to a launch monitor to get numbers, I could tell by my ball flight and ball reaction that this shaft generated a good bit less spin than the other 2 shafts I have played in this head, Tensei Red and White Tie. The Tensei Red is billed as a higher spinning shaft so no surprise there, but the White Tie that is supposedly a low spin shaft is not even close to the TZ6. At least for my swing. Dispersion was outstanding (once again better than the other 2 shafts) with just a minimal draw resulting from good swings. The torque on this shaft (2.7 degrees) is about half that of the Tensei Red and about 1.5 degrees less than the White Tie. Had no problem squaring the head at impact whereas I have experienced some issues doing that with the other 2 shafts. I would say the ball flight I generated was about mid height and saw a little more carry distance than with the other 2. Still no roll out on my saturated course.

All in all, I believe I picked out the correct model, weight and flex for me.

Last edited:
Winner winner chicken dinner! Loved my first round with the TZ6. Very smooth and stable feel to the shaft. Cut it to play at 45" in the TEE EXS 9.5 head. Though I don't have access to a launch monitor to get numbers, I could tell by my ball flight and ball reaction that this shaft generated a good bit less spin than the other 2 shafts I have played in this head, Tensei Red and White Tie. The Tensei Red is billed as a higher spinning shaft so no surprise there, but the White Tie that is supposedly a low spin shaft is not even close to the TZ6. At least for my swing. Dispersion was outstanding (once again better than the other 2 shafts) with just a minimal draw resulting in good swings. The torque on this shaft (2.7 degrees) is about half that of the Tensei Red and about 1.5 degrees less than the White Tie. Had no problem squaring the head at impact whereas I have experienced some issues doing that with the other 2 shafts. I would say the ball flight I generated was about mid height and saw a little more carry distance than with the other 2. Still no roll out on my saturated course.

All in all, I believe I picked out the correct model, weight and flex for me.

Sounds like you picked and got a winner, Sox! I hope it continues to impress.

Really want to hit the TZ6. Trying to stay strong, but, the buzz is real.

cant wait to hear some real life experiences with the tz6 & tz5. I will have one by spring but just not sure which one yet.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

cant wait to hear some real life experiences with the tz6 & tz5. I will have one by spring but just not sure which one yet.

See my post earlier in this thread about the TZ6. 2 rounds with it now and it is awesome.

I'm more than likely looking at the TZ5 for this season, not sure what head it is going in, but it is the best feeling shaft I have tried so far.

See my post earlier in this thread about the TZ6. 2 rounds with it now and it is awesome.
Did u notice the feel of the lower torque on the tz6? I always thought that torque had a big influence on feel?

Did u notice the feel of the lower torque on the tz6? I always thought that torque had a big influence on feel?

Def a major impactor of feel in a golf shaft, that’s another reason I’m eager to try this one out, curious as heck about it given the feedback vs the build specs.

To me, it feels much smoother than a lot of much higher torque shafts I have hit.

Will is the man.

Will is the man.
Does that mean you have one coming? These are high on the ponder list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back