Project X LZ Steel Shafts

Are there other shafts that would play similar to the PX LZ 6.0, maybe in a lighter weight? Modus3 105 or anything from KBS?

I’d say check out the new $ taper lite from KBS

I’d say check out the new $ taper lite from KBS

that is one i have thought about, i hit the $ taper in a F9 head, but i like something just a hair lighter 100-110 for that back 9 if you know what i mean

Reason i am asking is from my post below and getting some reading from the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer

"I have always felt, little lighter, higher launch shafts are better fit for me. Now at 44 years old i thought i would try and find a new set and go with graphite shafts in them.

Well here are the top 3 shafts i got recommended to me by the new program.

1. Project X LZ 6.0
2. AMT Tour White S
3.0 Dynamic Gold 120 s

Also it shot out a 63 degree lie angle recommendation, again another surprise i have always liked a little flat.

here are my numbers

Head Speed - 77
tempo - 7.67
toe down - 9.00
kick angle - 8.00
release factor 2.00

I have been doing all this in hopes of getting a set figured out this week between Taylormade M5 and the Cobra F9, but now i don't know what direction as i hoped to get Recoil 95 or 110 in the cobras, or TGI 80 in the M5s, now i just don't know. And Project X LZ is not a standard option .

any opinion or insight would be appreciated."

that is one i have thought about, i hit the $ taper in a F9 head, but i like something just a hair lighter 100-110 for that back 9 if you know what i mean

Reason i am asking is from my post below and getting some reading from the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer

"I have always felt, little lighter, higher launch shafts are better fit for me. Now at 44 years old i thought i would try and find a new set and go with graphite shafts in them.

Well here are the top 3 shafts i got recommended to me by the new program.

1. Project X LZ 6.0
2. AMT Tour White S
3.0 Dynamic Gold 120 s

Also it shot out a 63 degree lie angle recommendation, again another surprise i have always liked a little flat.

here are my numbers

Head Speed - 77
tempo - 7.67
toe down - 9.00
kick angle - 8.00
release factor 2.00

I have been doing all this in hopes of getting a set figured out this week between Taylormade M5 and the Cobra F9, but now i don't know what direction as i hoped to get Recoil 95 or 110 in the cobras, or TGI 80 in the M5s, now i just don't know. And Project X LZ is not a standard option .

any opinion or insight would be appreciated."

I've gamed the LZ 6.0 they are also 120g btw and was a big fan, probably still my favorite shaft besides the Tour V 110. I have been playing $-taper 120g the last 2 years. Like you I have been considering something a bit lighter as of late. You could also look at C-taper lite, DG105 and the Modus 3 105.

Are there other shafts that would play similar to the PX LZ 6.0, maybe in a lighter weight? Modus3 105 or anything from KBS?

I played the PX LZ for a good bit and I can say the TT Elevate Tours I have now play real similar. The Elevates will launch a touch higher, but nothing off putting imo.

I've gamed the LZ 6.0 they are also 120g btw and was a big fan, probably still my favorite shaft besides the Tour V 110. I have been playing $-taper 120g the last 2 years. Like you I have been considering something a bit lighter as of late. You could also look at C-taper lite, DG105 and the Modus 3 105.

C Taper Lite usually comes up for me when i do the KBS online fitting tool. I saw you played the $-Taper reading back through the thread and was going to ask how you compared them thanks. For me i think my biggest worry is how the shaft is going to elevate the 4,5 and 6 F9 irons, i do know that the heads are built for getting some air time, but just a concern. Can't find much info on how the TGI 80s hold up to a aggressive tempo like mine, but on the JBS charts they put them up there with the C Taper Lite.

I am thinking of putting these into a new set of Mizuno JPX 919 Forged. My swing speed is between 80-85 mph with my irons and I carry a 7 iron around 155 yards. Do you suggest the 5.5 or the 6.0?

I am thinking of putting these into a new set of Mizuno JPX 919 Forged. My swing speed is between 80-85 mph with my irons and I carry a 7 iron around 155 yards. Do you suggest the 5.5 or the 6.0?

Are the 919 forged parallel or taper tip? If they’re parallel, then I’d recommend finding a pulled set of PX lz 105 in 6.0. If they’re taper tip then go 6.0 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the 919 forged parallel or taper tip? If they’re parallel, then I’d recommend finding a pulled set of PX lz 105 in 6.0. If they’re taper tip then go 6.0 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taper.

5.5 would work well. I carry my I210 7 iron about 170 yards and use the 6.0.

I've played them in wedges at 120g 6.0 in my previous set and now the 95g 6.0 in 4-SW and holy cow am I in love with the bit lighter weight and feel throughout the set. I'm glad I finally went with a shaft the fitting said I should be in, and luckily it was the stock shaft on the iron set! The feel is the most noticeable, I've played quite a few different iron shafts over the years, from multiple brands, and I think this LZ Steel is the only one that feels smooth while still providing the stability of steel.

I just got a set of Mizuno JPX 919 Forged with Project X LZ 6.0 and Midsize grips. Had been playing 20 year old Callaway x-12 with regular flex and standard grips previously.

I was expecting these to feel great, but they feel very stiff and heavy. Only a bucket of range balls so far but I'm thinking if I went too stiff or too heavy. Could it be that I should have gone for 5.5 instead? Or could it be the grip that is too large and hard?

Swing speed with driver: 105 mph
Swing speed with 7-iron: 80-85 mph
Carry distance with 7-iron: 155 yards
Total distance with 7-iron: 170-175 yards

​​​​​​What would you do in my situation? At Project X's website I was recommended LZ 6.0. Could it be the grip or should I try new shafts?

stolpioni;n8881052 said:
I just got a set of Mizuno JPX 919 Forged with Project X LZ 6.0 and Midsize grips. Had been playing 20 year old Callaway x-12 with regular flex and standard grips previously.

I was expecting these to feel great, but they feel very stiff and heavy. Only a bucket of range balls so far but I'm thinking if I went too stiff or too heavy. Could it be that I should have gone for 5.5 instead? Or could it be the grip that is too large and hard?

​​​​​​What would you do in my situation? At Project X's website I was recommended LZ 6.0. Could it be the grip or should I try new shafts?

I've played LZ 5.5 for about a year now and like them very much. Before buying I did read some comments that the 6.0 felt much different (heavier-stiffer ?) than the 5.5 and those comments were the reason I chose 5.5.
Formerly I mostly played DG S300 which were just the right flex. Yeasr ago I played the original Rifle in a 6.0 and those were significantly stiffer-more rigid swinging than DG S300.
After a year with the LZ 5.5 I believe they swing-play similar in stiffness to DG S300.
Regarding your grip question, if they are over sized and, or,especially heavy grips (such as with several extra layers of tape), this can absolutely make a club feel/swing heavy, sluggish (because the overall dead weight of the club is heavy). But if the grip is of standard weight and size then I don't believe the grip is causing the issue you describe. Which mid size grip model are yours?

stolpioni;n8881052 said:

The LZ 6.0 will play stiffer than you would think compared to other 6.0s. I like to think of it as stiff+. It could be the shaft, it might be your tempo and not loading it enough for that profile. The swing speed is there for the 6.0 but the other aspects might be a bit less than ideal.

Molten;n8881144 said:
The LZ 6.0 will play stiffer than you would think compared to other 6.0s. I like to think of it as stiff+. It could be the shaft, it might be your tempo and not loading it enough for that profile. The swing speed is there for the 6.0 but the other aspects might be a bit less than ideal.

if you've been playing regular flex shafts then the 6.0 will feel different. 5.5 is close to regular flex. The 120g shaft should be workable for you with adjustment to your tempo

Alez367;n8881167 said:
if you've been playing regular flex shafts then the 6.0 will feel different. 5.5 is close to regular flex. The 120g shaft should be workable for you with adjustment to your tempo

The LZ 6.0 has always been my love/hate shaft. Keenan (+28 handicap by now, I'm assuming right @OITW) fit me into it based on 18 holes together but when my swing is off I tend to fight it. But I love it when its working. But its bad on the joints on artificial turf. But I love the control. See the problem?!

Molten;n8881325 said:
The LZ 6.0 has always been my love/hate shaft. Keenan (+28 handicap by now, I'm assuming right @OITW) fit me into it based on 18 holes together but when my swing is off I tend to fight it. But I love it when its working. But its bad on the joints on artificial turf. But I love the control. See the problem?!

definitely a fun profile to have in your clubs. I've only heard the lore of Keenan's game but I can imagine he brings it.

Alright. Let's see what ya got.

F6F62D7F-5315-4B81-A1EB-461497A07DF5.jpeg

Been playing the LZ 6.5 for 2 years now. Awesome shaft.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I still love these in my set of epics, even thought about trying to put some in some hybrids to fill out the top of the bag.

I've hit these really well in the past during an iron fitting and am hoping to give them a legitimate shot at the bag during the Ultimate Weekend of Golf.

Not as good as Rifle for me but solid shafts from the fitting.

Hahahahaha, good god these kick like mules for me. Crazy what the microtaper section does there.

No numbers yet, just a debut on course yesterday while working with my HS girls team. Flight seemed decent enough, curious to see the spin data though for sure.

Early thoughts are I could make them work, but absence of VSS is something that’s a big deal for me long term with as much golf as I play.

Back