Have you Tried Graphite Iron Shafts?

I went to Graphite Shafts trying to get some relief for my aching hands and shoulders. I was hesitant at first since I remembered my Grandfathers graphite shafts of years ago but I was amazed at how far they have come.
I love my UST shafts and I will never play steel shafts again!!!

soooooo in my lesson yesterday the instructor says he thinks the wedge is too heavy for me. has a dg s200 shaft that is around 125 grams i think. so he hands me his wedge with a recoil 65g shaft, and immediately my consistency, trajectory, and contact improve dramatically. my head is officially spinning.

Contemplating moving back to recoils myself now after this thread and me realizing I have a 110 F5 set sitting, whoops.

McLovin;n8878313 said:
soooooo in my lesson yesterday the instructor says he thinks the wedge is too heavy for me. has a dg s200 shaft that is around 125 grams i think. so he hands me his wedge with a recoil 65g shaft, and immediately my consistency, trajectory, and contact improve dramatically. my head is officially spinning.

wedges are one area I have yet to really dive in to with graphite shafts. I have done some lighter weight TT shafts though so things flow a touch better coming from my irons.

ddec;n8878345 said:
wedges are one area I have yet to really dive in to with graphite shafts. I have done some lighter weight TT shafts though so things flow a touch better coming from my irons.

crazy thing is it didn't feel light at all. just super smooth through the entire swing. and the recoil felt awesome at impact.

ddec;n8878345 said:
I'm really enjoying my recoil f4 wedge protos. They come in at 128g and feel pretty smooth. A short drive down to Iowa City and you can try them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rallo;n8878375 said:
I'm really enjoying my recoil f4 wedge protos. They come in at 128g and feel pretty smooth. A short drive down to Iowa City and you can try them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well I do have time in October to take a drive.

McLovin;n8878366 said:
crazy thing is it didn't feel light at all. just super smooth through the entire swing. and the recoil felt awesome at impact.

try a catalyst 80g 6.0. You'll love it.

I first switched to them after a really bad shoulder and wrist injury. Feel wise there isn't anything better but it takes getting used to. I need to try the newer stuff because they have really been able to increase quality and have shafts that fit what I need a lot more.

Jman;n8878316 said:
Contemplating moving back to recoils myself now after this thread and me realizing I have a 110 F5 set sitting, whoops.

Sometimes it pays off to do a little ‘spring’ freshening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried them several years ago, weren’t for me. On advice from fellow THPer Alez367 I gave the Catalyst a shot as I was upgrading to the Apex19 irons. Couldn’t be happier! Only issue I had was having to not be so aggressive. Feel is fantastic. Distance and trajectory are right where I like it. Won’t go back. Haven’t put them in the 52, 56, or 60 yet. I will experiment there later this fall.

Sooner21;n8878018 said:
Consumers. It wouldn't help us much if we don't have access to them... I've been playing Recoils for years but they're too light for me according to fitting results. I'm switching back to steel, but really wish there were heavier graphite options available.

The current plan is to eventually have a premium iron offering in the 120 gram range and in the 90-100 gram range. These would be constant weight sets designed to length. Since we are working with Bryson, one of the offerings will also obviously be single lengths sets. I am currently working with another PGA Tour player, Jason Duffner, on a non single length set. The bad news is because we need to do 8 designs for each weight and flex to complete a full set, the irons are going to take awhile to bring to market. I will definitely keep this forum up dated on my progress with both Bryson and Jason.

Oly

Shafted;n8879209 said:
The current plan is to eventually have a premium iron offering in the 120 gram range and in the 90-100 gram range. These would be constant weight sets designed to length. Since we are working with Bryson, one of the offerings will also obviously be single lengths sets. I am currently working with another PGA Tour player, Jason Duffner, on a non single length set. The bad news is because we need to do 8 designs for each weight and flex to complete a full set, the irons are going to take awhile to bring to market. I will definitely keep this forum up dated on my progress with both Bryson and Jason.

Oly

Thanks for the update. I'd 100% give something in the 120 range a shot.

Back