Wedge Shafts: What do you play?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What wedge shafts are your go to? Stock whatever? Something specific? Why?

Recoils. Have used 110's, 95's and 780 ES Smacwraps and love them all in wedges.

Project X LZ 5.5 4 iron thru LW.

I have KBS Tour 90’s in my wedges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've rolled with stock steel forever. I'm really liking the 115g DG shafts in recent sets.

True Temper Gynamic Gold Tour Issue onyx S400. Love them they perform and look good.

I have typically gone with what is in my set or the stock offering that is a little heavier (s400’s are nice). I am wondering about the Hi-Rev wedge shafts since I am taking a flyer on that in my new wedge.

Playing the stock shaft in my SM7's right now.

I've been perfectly content with the UST made Rotex shafts on my Cleveland wedges.

As of a month ago I went one flex stronger, but an 8 iron shaft cut to length...so, PX 7.0

Nippon modus 120 x stiff. Same as all my irons. Club champion fit me into them. I use to play the kbs wedge shafts but have been extremely pleased with the nippon.

DG S400 in my Cleveland RTX4's.

My Vokey has the True Temper wedge flex and my Hi Toe has the KBS Wedge shaft. They both seem exactly the same to me.

A few years ago it was stock, but once I found the S400’s for wedges it was a game changer. Then I moved to the Recoil Wedge Protos amd loved those.

Right now I’m using the same as my irons and I like the consistent feel.

I went with KBS 610s in my GW and SW and the Hi Rev 2.0 125g in my LW. My new hi Toe wedge 54 has the $-taper. I like the 610s and Hi Rev better than the $-taper in the wedges.

I have KBS C-taper 130x in all of my wedges. I don't know much about shafts in general, but these are what I was fit into and I really like them.

Before my fitting during ApexElevateExperience I used KBS 610 115g. Now it’s going to be a DG 115.

Scarnici;n8880039 said:
I have KBS Tour 90’s in my wedges

Same here. The reason is that's what I was fitted into. Same as my irons.

KBS HI-REV 2.0 Regular Flex

Recoil Wedge Protos because that is what Danny Le fit me into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jman;n8880020 said:
What wedge shafts are your go to? Stock whatever? Something specific? Why?

TT DG TI S400.

But that could change in a few months...

Currently using Modus 115 Wedge in my SW and LW. Love the extra weight and smooth feel. I’m finding them very consistent yardage wise and very accurate.

X100. I could go S400 in my 54/58, but I full swing them at times and the added spin concerns me. I spin them enough with X100’s, but that’s what I play in my irons and have good results with.

KBS Tour 120's. Same as irons

Had been playing Recoil 95, but was more recently fit into Recoil 110 since it seemed to help my dispersion.

Back