Wedge Shafts: What do you play?

Something in the 10-15g heavier range than my irons. Right now it's Modus 105 or DG115 depending on the wedge loft setup I'm playing (52-56 or 54-58)

I've gotten along quite well with the S400 shafts in my wedges this season.

My shaft of choice is the UST Mamiya Wedge Proto. Heavy with superb feel.

Rolling with the stock DG115 in my CBX. When wedges get a refresh I'll probably stick to one of the Dynamic Gold variants - maybe get some 120s to match my irons.

Usually just stock whatever comes in it. I've never changed a wedge shaft. Currently S200

Same as my iron set, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 stiff. They are also bent 1 deg up to match my irons set.

I’m get tighter dispersion from a heavier shaft so it’s DGS400 in my wedges.

KBS Tour V 125. That's what I was fit into at the GD and see no reason to change.

When having the choice, I tend to opt for a KBS wedge shaft, be it just the normal KBS Tour iron shaft or a Hi-Rev model.

I have the KBS Tour 130x shafts in my RTX3 wedges. I ordered them with the Tour S+ shafts for the Cleveland Gamechanger event last year, but they showed up with the 130x shafts in them. They felt so good I didn't worry about it.

I put Recoil 95s in my Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges a few months ago, had original stock steel shafts, and am absolutely pleased with the change. Much smoother, and better consistency with the Recoils.

I have always used the stock shaft in my wedges. Even with the ability to choose a custom option for my wedges in this year's Morgan Cup, I still went with the stock option (DG S200 black).

Recoils, have 2 different ones in 2 different sets. Don't think I'd hit anything else anymore.

My preference is True Temper Dynamic Gold S200. Lighter weight helps me feel less handsy through my wedge swing.

noodle3872;n8880287 said:
Currently using Modus 115 Wedge in my SW and LW. Love the extra weight and smooth feel. I’m finding them very consistent yardage wise and very accurate.

This is what I'm playing. I got them based on recommendations from THPers when I was inquiring about a low launch shaft for my wedges.

Paladin;n8880763 said:
My preference is True Temper Dynamic Gold S200. Lighter weight helps me feel less handsy through my wedge swing.

Lighter than what? That's a 127g shaft.

The heaviest wedge shafts I've ever heard of max out around 130g.

I like the Vokey shafts, which I believe are DGS200 but I like them because they are pleasingly heavy.

I have the same shafts in my wedges I have in my irons. I prefer full swings with all of my clubs so I wanted consistency in all of my irons and wedges in that regard.

fupresti;n8880792 said:
I have the same shafts in my wedges I have in my irons. I prefer full swings with all of my clubs so I wanted consistency in all of my irons and wedges in that regard.

Along about 2010 I switched from my long-time habit of using Vokey wedges with DG shafts and starting using whatever wedges matched my iron sets, with the same shafts as in my irons. Pretty much same thinking as yourself.

Over the last few years my wedge game has gone from being somewhat of a relative "strength" (compared to the rest of my 17 hcp game) to a pronounced weakness. I can hit the ball closer to the hole more often with an 8-iron than I can from 90 yards out with a GW nowadays. Yikes.

I got thinking back on what's different in 2019 versus 2009 and concluded it was two things. Not using Vokeys with heavy shafts and not practicing my full and partial wedge shots frequently at the driving range.

So I went out and bought some Vokeys ;-)

in a couple days i’ll be rocking catalyst 80 5.5 in my wedges. will be a fun little experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Et Tu Brute?;n8880768 said:
Lighter than what? That's a 127g shaft.

The heaviest wedge shafts I've ever heard of max out around 130g.

I like the Vokey shafts, which I believe are DGS200 but I like them because they are pleasingly heavy.

I was more referring to the S300 or S400, both of which are heavier. Also, while the KBS Tour-V has similar weight, I didn't care for the feel as much. #shrug

Factory

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

All Stock: Vokey wedge flex on 52, 56, 60 and AmT black on pitching and 48

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same as my irons, Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff.

Love the feel and custom ordered them in my Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 & 58 right before the Glide 3.0 were released.

I have been playing the stock True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue in the RTX 4s I have in the bag now, but I ave been really considering throwing some Recoils or another graphite shaft in there just because of all the positive comments I have read about graphite shafted wedges. I could use some more confidence in my wedge play, especially on full shots.

nippon modus3 wedge 115 masters edition in all 3 is the plan

although right now it's TT Tour Issue DG200, the aforementioned Nippon, and a KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Back