Wedge Shafts: What do you play?

Do you guys check your wedges swing weights? I’ve found that if my wedges swing weight too low, I struggle a bit with them. D5 type range seems to work well for me in my wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

DNice26;n8888442 said:
Do you guys check your wedges swing weights? I’ve found that if my wedges swing weight too low, I struggle a bit with them. D5 type range seems to work well for me in my wedges.

I swing weight everything, but honestly I’m not too susceptible to changes. I play my current wedges at D2 and my 60 degree at C9

JB;n8888464 said:
I swing weight everything, but honestly IÂ’m not too susceptible to changes. I play my current wedges at D2 and my 60 degree at C9

C9 seems like too low a SW for me, but I also recall listening to an audio byte with Marty Jertsen of Ping where he mentioned something about going with a lower SW in your Lw. I think I recall him saying that the lower SW helps with the touchier shots.

DNice26;n8888442 said:

I always do, but I’m one who notices SW a lot.

Ideally I want everything in my bag D5 (other than putter), and it’s always my goal with wedges.

Usually use s400.

My wedges historically have always been some flavor of DG. Tried ctaper lite which was fun for a bit.

I want to try kbs tour S, kbs $-taper S, and modus wedge 115/125 at some point

Back