Epic Flash Shaft Fitting Question

MFHorseshoe

Reaction score
Handicap
I was fitted for an Epic Flash with the Mitsubishi Chemical AV Series 75g Stiff shaft, which felt awesome and had the best performance/numbers of all the other brand clubs (Cobra, Ping, Taylormade) and shafts that I hit. Loved it.

However, here comes the issue, I've got an Amazon gift card that I'm planning to use to purchase the actual club, but the only shaft configurations I can find available for the Epic Flash on Amazon do not include this shaft but they do have the Project X HZRDUS smoke 70g, which is the closest in weight that they have :arrogant:; will i notice a difference between the two and I can use my gift card or do i need to just chalk this up as a loss and buy what I was fitted for?

Shafts can make a big difference. I would use the gift card elsewhere.

wubears71;n8881233 said:

I agree with this. Unless you know exactly how that shaft will play for you, don't risk it.

Looking at this further, it doesn't even appear that the option I want is available through the Callaway web site; looks like I'll have to piece this one together on my own....

MFHorseshoe;n8881254 said:
Looking at this further, it doesn't even appear that the option I want is available through the Callaway web site; looks like I'll have to piece this one together on my own....

Is the AV part of the Tensei line?

MFHorseshoe;n8881226 said:
I was fitted for an Epic Flash with the Mitsubishi Chemical AV Series 75g Stiff shaft, which felt awesome and had the best performance/numbers of all the other brand clubs (Cobra, Ping, Taylormade) and shafts that I hit. Loved it.

However, here comes the issue, I've got an Amazon gift card that I'm planning to use to purchase the actual club, but the only shaft configurations I can find available for the Epic Flash on Amazon do not include this shaft but they do have the Project X HZRDUS smoke 70g, which is the closest in weight that they have :arrogant:; will i notice a difference between the two and I can use my gift card or do i need to just chalk this up as a loss and buy what I was fitted for?

before we say no, what color tensei we you fit for? The smoke is closer to the white profile than the blue or orange.

Alez367;n8881260 said:
before we say no, what color tensei we you fit for? The smoke is closer to the white profile than the blue or orange.

Also, aren't multiple Tensei options offered from Callaway? Many at no upcharge?

Tensei AV Blue 75 is available for no charge. On the Callaway website order now page click on the "Custom Graphite" and "Mitsubishi Chemical"

mancest;n8881262 said:
Also, aren't multiple Tensei options offered from Callaway? Many at no upcharge?

There are a lot more tensei options available now for no charge and upcharge. If it was the blue then it’s definitely available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wubears71;n8881233 said:

Listen to this man - he knows his stuff.

Bunker Snot;n8881292 said:
Tensei AV Blue 75 is available for no charge. On the Callaway website order now page click on the "Custom Graphite" and "Mitsubishi Chemical"

You are awesome! I didn't even see this as an option!

Alez367;n8881260 said:

It was the Blue

Back