Advice needed on loft settings

Chorea

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum just after a bit of advice I've just won a F9 speedback driver and a F9 3 wood I'm really not sure what loft settings I should use I'm a lefty and my SS is 85-90 tend to slice when driving any advice would be appreciated or point me in the right direction

Cheers Dave

First off, welcome to THP.
Choosing loft settings would be hard without knowing more about ball flight, but in this instance, the KING F9 driver is unique. The 9* head is going to be a little different animal than the 10.5* so I usually say stick to that one.

Chorea;n8883739 said:
Thanks so just keep it 10.5??

I would say its a good starting point. You can adjust loft pretty easily dependent on if you are hitting it too high or too low.

Do you think I should set it to draw aswell to help with the slice

Chorea;n8883757 said:
Do you think I should set it to draw aswell to help with the slice

It might help but I would guess its a swing issue and that probably will not be enough to straighten it out. My guess is you are probably coming over the top with your driver and have the face open at impact as well. Over the top/out to in path, will impart side spin causing the ball to move to the left(should be left if you are a lefty) and an open face will make it go even harder that direction causing the big old banana slice. I speak from personal experience and struggles. Best bet on fixing the slice is finding a pro and getting the swing path and open face corrected.

Back