Wedge fitting with Club Champion

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone done strictly a wedge fitting with Club Champion? I did a full bag fitting in January where we only really glossed over the wedges as full swing clubs. I’m interested in going and doing strictly a wedge fitting where we get not chipping and determining the various grinds that might be right for me but I’m not sure how they accomplish that in an indoor fitting bay where the only lies are relatively tight. The wedges I’m most interested in replacing are rarely used as full swing clubs so being a lefty that plays graphite makes it almost impossible to demo various options anywhere.

i’ve done a full bag fitting at cc once, back in 2004 iirc.

the wedge “fitting” consisted of the fitter giving me a few wedges to take on the course to try, then tell him which one i liked. no testing, no monitor time, nothing.

i was told it’s because trackman struggles with wedges indoors, so the data wouldn’t be useful.

it was very disappointing. that said, i do think a wedge fitting is much better done outdoors for turf interaction, and trying actual shots in a real world scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

McLovin;n8884509 said:
i’ve done a full bag fitting at cc once, back in 2004 iirc.

the wedge “fitting” consisted of the fitter giving me a few wedges to take on the course to try, then tell him which one i liked. no testing, no monitor time, nothing.

i was told it’s because trackman struggles with wedges indoors, so the data wouldn’t be useful.

it was very disappointing. that said, i do think a wedge fitting is much better done outdoors for turf interaction, and trying actual shots in a real world scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Something like that is what i’m afraid of. I really have about 2 options I’m interested in but I’m pretty sure I really have no way to try them. I’m strongly leaning towards the CBX2 with Rotex but I’d like to get a chance to try the Ping Glide 3.0 with the same recoil smacwrap shaft as my G700 first if it were possible since Cleveland doesn’t offer the 780 F3 shaft.

I recently found a good wedge fitting by calling around to a couple of the local semi-private clubs and found one that had an awesome setup. Outdoor Trackman fitting on the range for full swing data and true ball flight, then moved over to the pitching/chipping greens (100 yards and in with bunkers) to hone in the proper grinds/bounce. He also gave me the member discount on the wedges just because! It could be well worth a couple phone calls if you have anything like that in your area.

Back