Reshafting your irons, Mward style

MWard

I do not play well with others
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I would post up a fun and eyeopening way for those unfamiliar with reshafting work and a nice step by step process on how to do it. Shoutout to our staff writers and JB for showing everyone the more advanced stuff for those who are more comfortable with it all!

Awwww yeah! Thanks for the tutorial! I'm all in on the gorilla glue for my iron assembly even though I'm up here in the North East. Quick question. Which adhesive would you recommend for weighting my driver? I was thinking Elmers so I can get that thing nice and heavy.

Duct Tape would work too.

first we had club pro guy on twitter, now we have club builder guy on thp haha

very informative. the only piece of quintessential product you forgot to mention was this https://www.justformen.com/touch-of-gray.html for that truly distinguished look in your beard hehe

haha that was great!!

Tee/Ski;n8885757 said:
Awwww yeah! Thanks for the tutorial! I'm all in on the gorilla glue for my iron assembly even though I'm up here in the North East. Quick question. Which adhesive would you recommend for weighting my driver? I was thinking Elmers so I can get that thing nice and heavy.

Rock like sand. You want the pebbles to act like a bit of extra power at impact, plus the pebbles will go where you need the help the most. Think of it like actual moving weights, instead of just moveable, stationary weight.

McLovin;n8885776 said:
first we had club pro guy on twitter, now we have club builder guy on thp haha

very informative. the only piece of quintessential product you forgot to mention was this https://www.justformen.com/touch-of-gray.html for that truly distinguished look in your beard hehe

Grey? Hahahaha try white. It laughed at grey as it passed it.

And here all this time, I was kind of scared to trying to re-shaft anything. Elmer's glue and half-assed measurements, here I come. Thanks Wardy!

Hey Wardy, first time long time. I have a 4 iron in my bag that I use as a driving iron and its just not giving me the performance I need when hitting it off the hozel and into the wind. I was thinking about reshafting it, but with a graphite shaft. What is your glue suggestion for a graphite shaft installation? I'll hang up and listen.

Umm that club head is still under embargo....

This is awesome!

Just in time for this weekends projects.

Perfection from Ward once again. That beard game is strong buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDill;n8885811 said:
Hey Wardy, first time long time. I have a 4 iron in my bag that I use as a driving iron and its just not giving me the performance I need when hitting it off the hozel and into the wind. I was thinking about reshafting it, but with a graphite shaft. What is your glue suggestion for a graphite shaft installation? I'll hang up and listen.

Well since it’s graphite, you could probably use just low heat and melt it into the hosel. I mean, that would probably work. Melt and fuse, then let it cool. Solid as concrete.

zbeekner4;n8885813 said:
Umm that club head is still under embargo....

It has tape over it, it’s fiiiiine! Also just used the proto name so everything still under wraps

I haven't watched yet, but I read the title as "Reshafting your irons, so they end up super flat."

What did I just watch?

That was awesome Wardy. I'm surprised someone let you use their adult set to reshaft with though instead of your kiddie sized set :alien:.

That was fantastic. Why do you have a cat glued to your face?

JB;n8885895 said:
That was fantastic. Why do you have a cat glued to your face?

I don’t have a good response to this. I didn’t choose the hobo life, I think it chose me. You should see it when I fluff it up, oh man. Drove by a Sonny’s and they just said come on in man it’s on the house you look like you need a good cooked meal.

MWard;n8885898 said:
I don’t have a good response to this. I didn’t choose the hobo life, I think it chose me. You should see it when I fluff it up, oh man. Drove by a Sonny’s and they just said come on in man it’s on the house you look like you need a good cooked meal.

Its a shame Live PD is not in Pasco anymore. I have a feeling you would be a reality star.

JB;n8885907 said:
Its a shame Live PD is not in Pasco anymore. I have a feeling you would be a reality star.

I don’t know, I did see on the news “Florida man commits crime, escapes on horseback” and I just knew it was Pasco County. Clicked on the link, yeeep. BUT, New Port Richey. Bullet dodged!

Hahaha!!! That was great Wardy! Definitely bookmarking this one and I’ll try to forget all the jibber jabber I learned from Danny Le, this method is much more straightforward.

Cuts way down on possible shafting issue if you remove steps from the process. Way to go.

Haha! That was great! Love the MD 2020 wedge. The one thing you neglected to do was put the excess "expensive" glue back in the Elmer's container. Lol

If you aren’t yet banned from the THP club lab this video will surely do it.

Sox_Fan;n8885933 said:
Haha! That was great! Love the MD 2020 wedge. The one thing you neglected to do was put the excess "expensive" glue back in the Elmer's container. Lol

Ah man, you’re totally right. I could have let it cure a bit and used it like a glue stick. Next time!

Back