Tech Talk: LA Golf Shafts Prototype Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a chance to sit down with John Oldenburg from LA Golf Shafts and find out all about their new prototypes, as well as dive in deep to what makes LA Golf a bit different. This is part 1 of a 2 part video series talking about the brand overall, materials, shaft profiles and more. If you like to dive in deep with shaft talk, this one is for you.

Last edited:
Great video. Good job all around. That Bryson shaft sounds pretty cool. Also great info on the weaving of materials and how it effects the materials mechanical properties.

And, it helps me watch the video if I just envision this instead...
vikesedit.JPG

Mobile and golfing right now but I wanted to pop in and say that I think this video is an LAGP gold mine for understanding of the brand and a connection to what they are doing right now.

I hope everyone gets to watch and it kicks off some conversation both about the shafts they are making and the brand as a whole.

Excited to dive into this one now that my day is done and I’m at home.

• Admin
Canadan;n8887525 said:
Mobile and golfing right now but I wanted to pop in and say that I think this video is an LAGP gold mine for understanding of the brand and a connection to what they are doing right now.

I hope everyone gets to watch and it kicks off some conversation both about the shafts they are making and the brand as a whole.

Oly definitely is a THPer and his knowledge is vast. I love conversations of deep tech.

Great video!

Interesting that the OLYSS is a typical bend profile.

The Constant Taper design in the OLYSS being different for the grip profile is interesting.

Crazy how the driver lengths keep getting longer and changing the stiffness profile of the shaft.

Really want to try the Bryson profile since it's very different from the OLYSS and I like the OLYSS but would want to see a few other things.

• Admin
OITW;n8887919 said:
Great video!

Interesting that the OLYSS is a typical bend profile.

The Constant Taper design in the OLYSS being different for the grip profile is interesting.

Crazy how the driver lengths keep getting longer and changing the stiffness profile of the shaft.

Really want to try the Bryson profile since it's very different from the OLYSS and I like the OLYSS but would want to see a few other things.

I used a Miyasaski Kusala Black when it first came out years ago and it was softer in the hands and then got firm. I loved that shaft. I feel like despite not having the speed, this strong design keeps things in place. I was fit for the Black at the time in a pretty low spinning head. I have a feeling this shaft might be similar or better for me.

JB;n8888140 said:
I used a Miyasaski Kusala Black when it first came out years ago and it was softer in the hands and then got firm. I loved that shaft. I feel like despite not having the speed, this strong design keeps things in place. I was fit for the Black at the time in a pretty low spinning head. I have a feeling this shaft might be similar or better for me.

That makes sense - of course I’m talking about switching shafts and had the best day all year with the OLYSS yesterday

• Admin
OITW;n8888182 said:
That makes sense - of course I’m talking about switching shafts and had the best day all year with the OLYSS yesterday

Haha. A THPer at heart.

Part 2 will be coming later this week most likely or early next week. Some more good stuff in there.

radiman;n8887506 said:
Great video. Good job all around. That Bryson shaft sounds pretty cool. Also great info on the weaving of materials and how it effects the materials mechanical properties.

And, it helps me watch the video if I just envision this instead...

That is just not right!!!! Bear down Chicago Bears!!!!

Back