Favorite hybrid shaft?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Who has a favorite? What is it? Why?

Im needing to come up with a new shaft for something and am thinking about trying something new.

Right now probably Recoil 95 or the Project X Black hybrid shaft I had. Really enjoy both of those.

Jman;n8888330 said:

Im needing to come up with a new shaft for something and am thinking about trying something new.

Miyazaki c.kua ! I loved the first version and the most recent one is just as good.

Not really sure honestly. For me it is shaft / head combo dependent. Love the Speeder hybrid shaft in my original Apex hybrid but put the same shaft in the TEE CBx hybrid and Hogan VKTR hybrids and did not experience near as much success with those combos. Like the UST Irod that came stock in my VKTR.

i would probably say ust irod, but i am really interested in trying catalyst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the KBS Proto hybrid is a fantastic all around hybo shaft.

• Staff
DNice26;n8888411 said:
I think the KBS Proto hybrid is a fantastic all around hybo shaft.

Just SO low launching every time I’ve tried it.

• Staff
I do know, if I could find more Tour Issue Fuji Motore HB90X shafts like in my granddaddy hybrids I’d buy like 10.

Jman;n8888426 said:
Just SO low launching every time I’ve tried it.

Oh, interesting...that wasn’t my experience. It seemed to feel quite smooth and launch pretty mid for me. I will say that it plays a bit stiffer than I thought it would.
The Tensei Blue 80TX I have in the Ping 410 is a bit surprisingly low/mid for me. Nice shaft though.
The AD DI hybrid shaft seems to get a fair amount of lobe across the tours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a mission to find a hybrid to replace my 4h that's been in my bag for like 15 years. When I do, I'll either put my HZRDUS Black 6.0 in it for a VS Proto 95X. I know, I know. Vast difference in those two, but I like them both.

I don’t have a favorite but the catalyst played very well in the Apex.

Jman;n8888330 said:

I love the feel of the Tensei Blue

also the matrix hx3 white tie, an oldie but goodie, stable mid high launcher

UST Mamiya V2 or Hzrdus Black

Older AXE XCaliber. I can't time my Smacwrap at all. In fact, it's the worst I've ever hit a club.

I’m loving my LA Golf Altus black tie!!!! I wanted lower launch so it’s great for me. And it’s actually very smooth and not harsh at all. You would probably like the Red Tie for more of a mid launch...IMO they’re very smooth and better than hzrdus black/red hybrids

Tour AD DI 85

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a recoil 780 in my hybrid right now. I might have preferred the Catalyst, though.

I have the Kuro Kage 80HY stiff in my Apex 2h and love it.

Graphite Designs Tour AD. I don't snap-hook it.

Aldila NV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.B. Cobb III;n8888733 said:
UST Mamiya V2 or Hzrdus Black

My current two favorites as well. Both provide me with ample control, but I get a little more launch out of the V2. If I went to a higher launching, bomber of a hybrid, it would be a tough choice, although I can't argue with the $30 price point...

Jman;n8888427 said:
I do know, if I could find more Tour Issue Fuji Motore HB90X shafts like in my granddaddy hybrids I’d buy like 10.

Maybe it’s time I pull the 4H shaft from the OG Apex.....ugh, that hurts me a little to say but man it’s such a good hybo shaft.

Paladin;n8888969 said:
Graphite Designs Tour AD. I don't snap-hook it.

I love it. Hate the price.

Cheap and good have to go with proforce v2.

Both have obnoxious and subtle color options

Back