Nippon Shafts Thread

Had league last night so got about 27 holes in with the Modus 3’s installed. For an X flex
Shaft these don’t feel it to me, the are firm but don’t feel like I’m swinging a 2x4 yet still have some feel to them.

Last night I was seeing a really great ball flight, almost everything was mid launching and starting out straight, then would start to draw mid flight. Also had a few pull draws mixed in for fun as well haha thinking possibly timing is a tad off with the lighter weight shafts. But that is something I need to work out because I really am enjoying these so far...now if they only came in black haha.

These Modus 3 105’s are really great shafts. They feel extremely stable without feeling harsh and the ball flight I’m seeing compared to what I was seeing with the $-tapers is night and day better for my game.

I have played 120g shafts for a long time so I was hesitant to go lighter but these just work so well. I wanted to try these in my Morgan Cup original setup this year but decided to go murdered out instead. It was @canadan who suggested putting these shafts in and I couldn’t be happier. Played in a bit of wind yesterday where I had been struggling mightily with the $-taper and had absolutely zero issues with these.

That’s awesome!! Glad they are working.

Between the shaft change and loft adjustment distance is back to normal too. Really quite the difference.

Between the shaft change and loft adjustment distance is back to normal too. Really quite the difference.
That's awesome to hear.

The Nippon Regio Formula MB is downright dominant in my F9 tour fairway wood.

It's like a laser beam chewed a bullet and then spat out a rocket.

Canadan;n8888054 said:
The Nippon Regio Formula MB is downright dominant in my F9 tour fairway wood.

It's like a laser beam chewed a bullet and then spat out a rocket.

I can say without hesitation if not for the LINQ Blue we built in FL I’d have smuggled one of the Regio yellow shafts home from THP HQ.

The modus3 tour 120’s were what I was fit into at CC. They were such a good fit and felt the best too.

The man had something sorted out.. Which is good because I thought he was losing his mind when he steered us towards steel fiber :LOL:
I wish I’d tried the 950 and 1050

Yup, played them in the past.

Nice. I really enjoyed them when I tried them this week in the Honma 747-X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every since getting fit for Modus3 105 stiff shafts I've never looked back. I've tried other shafts but none have performed / felt quite as good.

Debating the 105s vs $taper lites. Both within 5 grams of each other. Can't demo due to Covid.

Anyone hit both and can compare?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

The modus3 tour 120’s were what I was fit into at CC. They were such a good fit and felt the best too.

These are my favorites of the Nippons I’ve tried. Feel and perform the best for me.

So I have been cleaning out the THP Lab the last few days and came across a nice box of Nippon Shafts. Going to be shafting up some new irons in a couple of weeks for contests that feature these.

tried to do some searches and got some indirect answers.

was fitted into NS pro 1050gh shafts. looks like it's not an OEM option, would the 950gh or the modus 3 tour 105 be closer in characteristics? or neither and I should just do the 1050gh?

Ah, flashback to my first thp post. And still the most golf focused post I've made to date.

Last edited:
Back