Nippon Shafts Thread

tried to do some searches and got some indirect answers.

was fitted into NS pro 1050gh shafts. looks like it's not an OEM option, would the 950gh or the modus 3 tour 105 be closer in characteristics? or neither and I should just do the 1050gh?

i think 950gh would be more similar than modus tour 105. to me the gh profile is very smooth and flexy. modus lineup plays stiffer, with different feelings among the different weight classes. just my perception of them.

i think 950gh would be more similar than modus tour 105. to me the gh profile is very smooth and flexy. modus lineup plays stiffer, with different feelings among the different weight classes. just my perception of them.

The Modus 105 replaced the 1050 for me in the Mizuno shaft optimizer last time I did it. I think they might be close enough. The weight difference in the 950 to the 105/1050 were noticeable to me.

That has kinda been my thought, coming from a heavier, older shaft the weight was more familiar in the 1050. I wonder if I would get used to the lower weight.
most of what I've found seems to say the modus 105 is closer though

That has kinda been my thought, coming from a heavier, older shaft the weight was more familiar in the 1050. I wonder if I would get used to the lower weight.
most of what I've found seems to say the modus 105 is closer though

i've played both, and i would disagree with that assessment. personally, i really like the gh profile, probably more than the modus as i get older and lose speed. the modus is great too, just an overall stiffer feeling. again, different people may perceive it differently.

Anyone have any experience with 125x vs the kbs $ taper x ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the profiles are different but would the Nippon 125x flex wise be closer to a Project X 6.0 or 6.5?

An someone confirm to me something?

The pictured shafts are NOT the Modus3 Wedge shafts, right?

I think they're the Modus3 Tour 125 stiff wedge flex shafts.

Am I right? If so, I'm thinking there's a big difference between the two, right?
5bbc3ad1c1e027176ec5020ed3b00790.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

An someone confirm to me something?

The pictured shafts are NOT the Modus3 Wedge shafts, right?

I think they're the Modus3 Tour 125 stiff wedge flex shafts.

Am I right? If so, I'm thinking there's a big difference between the two, right?
5bbc3ad1c1e027176ec5020ed3b00790.jpg

They are the Tour 125 stiff shaft, not the 125 wedge shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great comparison image I stumbled upon on insta this morning!
54446600_613929435700242_8970848902451359945_n.jpg
I've seen this graphic on the Nippon site, too. Can someone compare the Tour 120 and Tour 125? I see 14g weight difference. I've seen the 120 advertised as low/mid trajectory and the 125 as mid. As a high ball hitter, I think I'd lean toward the 120 for the low/mid, but I'd like the extra 14g of weight since I usually feel more comfortable with a heavier iron shaft.

Does anyone have experience with both?

I've seen this graphic on the Nippon site, too. Can someone compare the Tour 120 and Tour 125? I see 14g weight difference. I've seen the 120 advertised as low/mid trajectory and the 125 as mid. As a high ball hitter, I think I'd lean toward the 120 for the low/mid, but I'd like the extra 14g of weight since I usually feel more comfortable with a heavier iron shaft.

Does anyone have experience with both?

I just got fitted into the Modus 120X last week. I have hit the 105, 120, 125 in both S and X. Ball flight and trajectory was very similar to me. They all were a mid flight trajectory. The 105S might have been the highest of the 6 shafts, but not by a lot. To me the biggest difference was feel. They are all very smooth. The smoothest I've ever hit. The 120 is more linear...less active then the 105/125. I would hit them all. Find the one that feels the best and gives you your best numbers and if your trajectory is still higher than you like, maybe bend the irons a degree or two stronger..try to flight it down. But, long story shot, I didn't see that much difference.

I just got fitted into the Modus 120X last week. I have hit the 105, 120, 125 in both S and X. Ball flight and trajectory was very similar to me. They all were a mid flight trajectory. The 105S might have been the highest of the 6 shafts, but not by a lot. To me the biggest difference was feel. They are all very smooth. The smoothest I've ever hit. The 120 is more linear...less active then the 105/125. I would hit them all. Find the one that feels the best and gives you your best numbers and if your trajectory is still higher than you like, maybe bend the irons a degree or two stronger..try to flight it down. But, long story shot, I didn't see that much difference.
What kinda swing speed are you putting down? Are you a normal high ball hitter?

What kinda swing speed are you putting down? Are you a normal high ball hitter?

I was 92mph with a 7 iron. Yeah, not super high, but I can get up in the air.

I was 92mph with a 7 iron. Yeah, not super high, but I can get up in the air.
Sounds good. I fight a high flight. Definitely need a shaft that will help get the flight down. Debating between these two and will likely go with the Wedge 125 in the wedges.

Sounds good. I fight a high flight. Definitely need a shaft that will help get the flight down. Debating between these two and will likely go with the Wedge 125 in the wedges.

I'm like to play a weaker shaft in my SW and LW. I will put a 120x in my GW, but then go modus wedge 115 in the other 2 wedges. It's just a personal preference. Find a shop with the Mizuno shaft optimizer! That thing is legit!

was watching a video, and the guys teased a black modus 105t. i guess dreams CAN come true!

was watching a video, and the guys teased a black modus 105t. i guess dreams CAN come true!

They have been available since May 10, 2019.

exclusive to taylormade fittings, or are they making it generally available?

Probably just Custom Fitters. TM has the 115 Wedge in Black exclusively.

I’m here! Nothing to add yet but later tonight will have some feedback.

Modus 105X replacing $-taper 120

Probably should add that I’ve been playing the F9 irons with Modus3 Tour 105s and they’ve been excellent.

Good feel and weight is perfect

Nippon Shafts Thread

We had some fun last night and Replaced the $-taper 120 with Modus 105x for today’s round. I have zero experience with modus 3’s until today other than a few swings at a demo or something.

First, the certainly don’t feel stout like X flex sometimes can. I still was able to swing smooth but they never felt too stiff. However where they really seemed to shine was when I went after it and as the day went on I gained more confidence my

Shot of the day was a 5 iron across some trouble from 200 out slightly downhill all carry to just off the green in the fringe. Chipped up for eagle and had a kick in birdie.

Compared to the $-taper the ball flight was definitely lowered which is exactly was I was looking for and the feel is still really good. We played in some good wind today and did not see any ballooning like I was seeing before.

We had some fun last night and Replaced the $-taper 120 with Modus 105x for today’s round. I have zero experience with modus 3’s until today other than a few swings at a demo or something.

First, the certainly don’t feel stout like X flex sometimes can. I still was able to swing smooth but they never felt too stiff. However where they really seemed to shine was when I went after it and as the day went on I gained more confidence my

Shot of the day was a 5 iron across some trouble from 200 out slightly downhill all carry to just off the green in the fringe. Chipped up for eagle and had a kick in birdie.

Compared to the $-taper the ball flight was definitely lowered which is exactly was I was looking for and the feel is still really good. We played in some good wind today and did not see any ballooning like I was seeing before.

pretty impressive that they can make a low launch lightweight shaft, isn’t it? it’s definitely a fun golf shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pretty impressive that they can make a low launch lightweight shaft, isn’t it? it’s definitely a fun golf shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It really is. Today’s round wasn’t as good of a ball striking round for me but excited to see how these perform through the season. Saw more of the same today on well struck shots. Lower initial launch, good peak and plenty of spin to hold greens

It really is. Today’s round wasn’t as good of a ball striking round for me but excited to see how these perform through the season. Saw more of the same today on well struck shots. Lower initial launch, good peak and plenty of spin to hold greens

Definitely a different (dare I say better) flight and performance for you yesterday and today than on Friday

Will be fun to see how the game trends for you the more you play these

Back