UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

Some Arccos stats with the Helium in play today - was cold and wet and swing was a bit off - Weight was still in the back wanted to try it in the draw but swing wasn't where I needed it to be so no use trying

But the feel of the helium is fantastic and just so stable even on a bad day - best feeling looking drive would have had to be my final drive on 18 ended in the rough but if it was the short stuff would have been magnificient

0c60c89d15c053c1afd2bf32c23ece9f.jpg

04b87dc71518741441182200057790d9.jpg

High. Bombs. Had this out again today and I just love how stable it feels during the swing.

High. Bombs. Had this out again today and I just love how stable it feels during the swing.

It's almost ridiculous how stable this shaft is for how lightweight it is right?

It's almost ridiculous how stable this shaft is for how lightweight it is right?

For me, who normally plays X-stiff mid 60's weight shafts...it's unreal. This is a stiff that weighs in at mid to higher 50's, and feels like it has the same amount of control as a heavier/stiffer shaft. I love it.

Nice thoughts guys ... I need to look into this shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helium is an excellent shaft. Seeing Danny from UST bomb it with a Cobra LTD over and over was awesome...talking 280+ I think. Fun stuff.

He's still got the same combo in play and he's still just silly good with it, it's sickening...:D

He's still got the same combo in play and he's still just silly good with it, it's sickening...:D

Nice! I was wondering what he and Lindsay are playing these days.

Nice! I was wondering what he and Lindsay are playing these days.

Danny is still playing the same setup. Lindsay is gaming the GBB head and a Recoil woods shaft, not sure what Flex, but it's tipped 2" or something like that. Pretty interesting setup, she said she really just likes the feel of it and I believe it was a prototype.

Forgot I still have one of these somewhere in an extras bag.

Danny is still playing the same setup. Lindsay is gaming the GBB head and a Recoil woods shaft, not sure what Flex, but it's tipped 2" or something like that. Pretty interesting setup, she said she really just likes the feel of it and I believe it was a prototype.

Cobra LTD Pro Driver: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 46.5"
Cobra LTD 13 fairway: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 44"
Callaway XR Pro 16: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 43"

Danny

Sounds like a winner to me. Like a counterbalanced Miyazaki C. Kua.

Cobra LTD Pro Driver: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 46.5"
Cobra LTD 13 fairway: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 44"
Callaway XR Pro 16: Helium PROTO 5F5 at 43"

Danny

You are the man Danny! You put a hurting on the ball with that "old tech"! :D

So comparing this the last few rounds/range sessions to the MFS White Tie - this gives me better control, but the other shaft is longer. To that point, I do love the stability and feel of this one and the custom graphics are SICK - I do recommend this shaft for anyone in the market for a high launch driver shaft.

I absolutely live this shaft in a 3w. Hit some balls last night at the range with some serious winds. The ball wasn't really affected with ballooning and hardly moved from its line. The feel of the shaft is so good and I can go somewhat smooth for me or get after it and it just holds up.

I absolutely live this shaft in a 3w. Hit some balls last night at the range with some serious winds. The ball wasn't really affected with ballooning and hardly moved from its line. The feel of the shaft is so good and I can go somewhat smooth for me or get after it and it just holds up.

Really been wanting to try it in 3w... might just have to try driver length and choke down and see how it goes!

So comparing this the last few rounds/range sessions to the MFS White Tie - this gives me better control, but the other shaft is longer. To that point, I do love the stability and feel of this one and the custom graphics are SICK - I do recommend this shaft for anyone in the market for a high launch driver shaft.
Like myself ... I'll need to look into this one. I'd be willing to give up some distance to gain control.

Like myself ... I'll need to look into this one. I'd be willing to give up some distance to gain control.

I bet the high launch would actually get me some more distance off the tee.

Really been wanting to try it in 3w... might just have to try driver length and choke down and see how it goes!

I see the same thing as I do my driver. This is the second 3w I've had the shaft in and what I saw in the m2 from the event last year to the 917 are pretty close. I love that it's a shaft that works in various heads.

3w would be crazy good.

It might be the spin profiles, although I don't know how much different they really are numbers wise. The white tie is listed as low spin where I believe the helium would be more mid to high if I remember correctly.

Debating if I should butt trim mine an inch - was hitting it high and long on the range today with a nice fade this shaft is just that smooth, stable and good

After 4 rounds with this shaft and head combination and the performance that I was seeing I will not be trimming this shaft down

After 4 rounds with this shaft and head combination and the performance that I was seeing I will not be trimming this shaft down

Nice man! The Helium line is so solid and work great for a lot of different swings. I've seen Danny hits some bombs with his and talked to KevinColeman about his a little bit too. I took some some with it and couldn't believe how stable it was for a lighter weight shaft. It really impressed me!

Back