UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

Got back on the course for rd 2 with the Helium yesterday. I'd say I had pretty good results overall. I'm finding that I get my best shots with it when I swing my hardest, which is something that is taking a bit of getting used to. That may be due to having gone up in flex. When I hit it well I'm getting a mid-high ball flight that is just really flat and straight. One nice thing I have noticed is that during both of my rounds so far I haven't had 1 left miss. All of my misses have been to the right side which is nice if I can only have a 1 way miss. The feel of the shaft continues to be my favorite part of it. Just so smooth through the ball.

Had jdtox and tpluff both take a few swings with it yesterday. The head setup is not a good one for tpluff so he didn't see great results (we have very different swings), but jdtox hit a couple of bombs with it. Both commented on how good it feels.

I'm looking forward to continue getting it dialed in.

Got back on the course for rd 2 with the Helium yesterday. I'd say I had pretty good results overall. I'm finding that I get my best shots with it when I swing my hardest, which is something that is taking a bit of getting used to. That may be due to having gone up in flex. When I hit it well I'm getting a mid-high ball flight that is just really flat and straight. One nice thing I have noticed is that during both of my rounds so far I haven't had 1 left miss. All of my misses have been to the right side which is nice if I can only have a 1 way miss. The feel of the shaft continues to be my favorite part of it. Just so smooth through the ball.

Had jdtox and tpluff both take a few swings with it yesterday. The head setup is not a good one for tpluff so he didn't see great results (we have very different swings), but jdtox hit a couple of bombs with it. Both commented on how good it feels.

Truth be told, my driver swing was complete vomit yesterday, so I take those results with a grain of salt. The profile of this is not far off what I play now, so I'd be interested to see your pairing again once I get to a comfortable tee game and don't struggle with a 2 way miss with duck hooks being one of them. That shot into the win on 17 was pretty fun to see though. The shaft/nardo head combo though just looks AMAZING!

Truth be told, my driver swing was complete vomit yesterday, so I take those results with a grain of salt. The profile of this is not far off what I play now, so I'd be interested to see your pairing again once I get to a comfortable tee game and don't struggle with a 2 way miss with duck hooks being one of them. That shot into the win on 17 was pretty fun to see though. The shaft/nardo head combo though just looks AMAZING!

You play a ladies flex too?
I kid I kid. A better driving Lions (he was already very consistent) is very dangerous.

That shaft is fun and I love the color scheme it fits with your forum name being Lions colors haha! When you hit it good it is ridiculously straight, seeing you miss to the right is not something I have been accustomed to but like you said if you eliminate one side who cares which way it is.

Its hard to wrap your brain around something being lighter yet still stiff sometimes. The whole club felt lighter in my hands, probably the counterbalance of the shaft. The very first swing I took with that club I broke the plastic tee clean in half. The only time I have ever remember doing that before was when the ground was rock hard and that was definitely not the case yesterday. Although light its very stable and reminds me a bit of the feel of the hzrdus yellow honestly. I have no doubts that I could game that shaft if I wanted to. Nice high ball flight that wasn't spinny and that with your 12* setup.

You play a ladies flex too?
I kid I kid. A better driving Lions (he was already very consistent) is very dangerous.
The last thing he needs is to hit even more fairways and get more distance. We played the course LONG yesterday (par 71, 6700 yards, 74.2 rating) and realized we shouldn't have about halfway thru the front, but he still posted a round that should stick to his handicap thanks to his tee game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was back at the range with the F8/Helium combo yesterday. Starting to get really comfortable with the setup. Got into a really good groove with it. Most balls are just dead straight, and a few have a very slight fade to the right. If I can get myself aimed down the left hand side of the fairway (working on my alignment), then I should not miss many fairways with this setup.

The weather has warmed up here, and interestingly I was getting almost the exact same numbers from Trackman Range that I got in St Louis so I am excited about that as they are great numbers for me. I was worried JB juiced the GCQuad to try to get me into a Senior Flex instead of a Ladies.

One of my best swings from yesterday.

8090731158a916aaf25902288e62f3b8.jpg

6cff488068293fb6b0b20a53087d1430.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw on twitter that the woman who won the long drive event last night had a Helium in her driver. She was absolutely crushing it. 170 ball speed and swinging 115, hitting it 332 on her final drive. Clearly the Helium can handle high swing speeds.

One of my best swings from yesterday.

8090731158a916aaf25902288e62f3b8.jpg

6cff488068293fb6b0b20a53087d1430.jpg

That’s pretty darn long. Are you in a proto 4 or 5?

That’s pretty darn long. Are you in a proto 4 or 5?

5F5. Believe its 59 grams.

Saw on twitter that the woman who won the long drive event last night had a Helium in her driver. She was absolutely crushing it. 170 ball speed and swinging 115, hitting it 332 on her final drive. Clearly the Helium can handle high swing speeds.

Hell yeah it can handle high swing speeds! :D I saw that UST Mamiya liked the Golf Channel post about Alexis and wondered what shaft she was using. Thanks for the update! Her winning drive was a thing of beauty.

Had my Helium shaft cut down to 45” and put the Epic in it.

Last weekend it was getting out performed by the F8 with the Tensei shaft distance wise - ball flight was a nice mid high flight

On sunday - I unlocked it - crushed some nice mid high BOMBS, absolutely was getting the most out of the head with this shaft - and into the wind to boot

There is something special about the 59gram shaft but the stability it provides

I’m considering getting another one for the thriver or the going with the Attas 6star either way some UST goodness

At your speed, you can’t hit it any better!

Ha I missed this one. I can't tell whether that's a compliment or a jab or both, but either way I like it. You're right, thats all I got in the tank right now. Need to add a few more mph to the swing. Excited to get back out with this on Sunday.

Had probably my best driving round so far with the Helium/F8 Combo yesterday. Was pretty cold and windy so its tough to comment on distance still, but I hit a few pretty long balls for me. I really like how flat of a flight I am getting with it. Just cuts right through the wind for the most part. I think what I am impressed with the most so far is the dispersion. I hit most of the fairways yesterday, and those that I did miss were all totally playable and usually only a few yards into the rough. I still love that I am not seeing the hard left miss at all and I really think that is due to the shaft. Confidence is getting to be pretty high with it as I've gotten used to it, which should mean a lot more days like yesterday especially as the weather warms up.

Had probably my best driving round so far with the Helium/F8 Combo yesterday. Was pretty cold and windy so its tough to comment on distance still, but I hit a few pretty long balls for me. I really like how flat of a flight I am getting with it. Just cuts right through the wind for the most part. I think what I am impressed with the most so far is the dispersion. I hit most of the fairways yesterday, and those that I did miss were all totally playable and usually only a few yards into the rough. I still love that I am not seeing the hard left miss at all and I really think that is due to the shaft. Confidence is getting to be pretty high with it as I've gotten used to it, which should mean a lot more days like yesterday especially as the weather warms up.

That combo is becoming nearly automatic for you. Even at 12* your flight is just flat and straight. It was crazy seeing the difference in our ball flights and how similar we were in distance on several occasions, I think you are going to be just fine distance wise.

2nd round of the year, and the SZ/helium prototype combo is picking up right where it left off. My regular playing buddy attested "I've never seen you drive the ball this well", and I have to agree. This shaft has me swinging fast and confident. Danny is the man

Pretty good driving day yesterday with the Helium. I didn't hit balls before we went out, and it was an early morning round, so it took me a few holes to get warmed up and swinging well, but once I did, this setup didn't disappoint. Actually started to get some baby draws yesterday which is a good sign that my swing is getting back in shape. Have played this course many times, and on one hole I just pured a drive that was definitely the furthest I've ever been on that hole. Dispersion has been really good, and still getting a very penetrating flight. As the courses continue to firm up here, distance is gonna go up quite a bit for me.

Can't wait to see if either of the two guys in the next Shaft Up get fit into this one. It is so good.

Continue to love the helium with another good driving day yesterday. Dispersion has just been so good with it along with the awesome smooth feel. Did not bring my best swing to the course yesterday and yet still most drives were in the fairway or just a few yards into the rough and completely playable. One standout thing was on a short par 5 I decided to really go after one. In the past I was a bit scared of over-swinging which could lead to a hard left miss with my last setup. Not with the helium. Hit an absolute bomb that is one of the longest drives I've hit before. Was a reminder that I just need to trust my swing and this setup and go all out more often.

Continue to love the helium with another good driving day yesterday. Dispersion has just been so good with it along with the awesome smooth feel. Did not bring my best swing to the course yesterday and yet still most drives were in the fairway or just a few yards into the rough and completely playable. One standout thing was on a short par 5 I decided to really go after one. In the past I was a bit scared of over-swinging which could lead to a hard left miss with my last setup. Not with the helium. Hit an absolute bomb that is one of the longest drives I've hit before. Was a reminder that I just need to trust my swing and this setup and go all out more often.
Great to see all of the confidence you are building with the driver. You're killing it, brother!

This. Is. Scary.

Good stuff Damien!

Another round in with this one and I am seriously enjoying it. Great feel through the swing, stable enough to go at it and a ball flight I’m searching for.

It says high launch but as a steep buy I don’t see that, but do get a nice ball flight and something I am really enjoying.

Another round in with this one and I am seriously enjoying it. Great feel through the swing, stable enough to go at it and a ball flight I’m searching for.

It says high launch but as a steep buy I don’t see that, but do get a nice ball flight and something I am really enjoying.

Love it. I absolutely love mine. I am contemplating putting one into the heavenwood too.

I don’t get the high launch either but there isn’t a more stable shaft IMO plus my graphics are amazing

Excited to see who the testers will be. Think they will really enjoy this one and can't wait for their feedback here.

Got out for another round with mine yesterday. More of the same goodness. A few deep ones for me despite everything here being really soft as we've had a ton of rain this spring. Once it firms up, its gonna be fun since with the penetrating flight I'm getting with this, I should get some big roll. Had 2 playing partners comment yesterday on how great the graphics were, especially paired up with the F8. Its a perfect match for looks. I'm totally sold on this shaft for my swing.

Back