UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

Testers will be announced tomorrow and I am with @Lions81 on looking forward to their feedback. Shaft has been very good for me so far.

Have a ton of confidence in this shaft. Played a course today with water lurking everywhere and horribly thick rough. Absolutely had to be in the fairway off the tee. Missed 1 fairway on the day. Towards the end of our round, my friend whose course it was, when we got to a really narrow hole went with, “well I always tell people to hit less than driver here, but with the laser beams you are hitting, just do that.” Haha. It was then piped down the middle.

Love that I am not losing any accuracy even when I go at it hard. Perfect fit by Danny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so I'm ready to get started, I need to get me a Callaway adapter, etc, right?

Just so I'm ready to get started, I need to get me a Callaway adapter, etc, right?
Yes, if you're doing your own work. A shop should have some if not.

Going to trim the butt so it plays at 45 1/2" with adapter. I want to play this HeLIUM PROTO 5F4 the same length as my current shaft and go from there.

My current shaft says it's a low/mid launch and with this saying high launch, interested to see if I see that higher launch on the range/course.

2696e0f18e5dc62673bea93d67ee9c1a.jpg

Shaft has arrived, adapter has arrived... Will attempt to get it installed tonight...

Ups or fedex?

Looks like FedEx.

I am pumped, this thread is about to blow up, and this shaft will generate some more well-deserved excitement!

haha, I was waiting for my UPS account to give me notice that something was going to be delivered soon, but if it's fed ex then I will have to just be surprised :)

It is Fed Ex

Looks like my shaft is due to arrive on Monday. my LH tip came from Golfworks on Wednesday so I'm ready to roll and have everything installed to test. My current Rogue is at 45 but I think I'm going to test this on at 45.5 before I make a decision on cutting it down 1/2 inch.

Fed ex man came through the hood but nothing at my door today haha. Maybe monday

Fed ex man came through the hood but nothing at my door today haha. Maybe monday

Don't they deliver Saturday too? I'm in same Monday boat then.

Don't they deliver Saturday too? I'm in same Monday boat then.

Depends on the type of delivery selected but I also asked to have mine held at fedex for pickup once I found out it was on its way since I most likely won't be home when they would deliver anyway. I don't think standard ground shipping does Saturday delivery.

Ok my shaft is cut (playing at 45.5 inches), Callaway adapter installed... Will play it in my Rogue Sub Zero tomorrow.

Ok so they do deliver!
1933d9b3ce610e53b17f032b746ab6ec.jpg

Will be getting it tipped and cut Monday. Would do it myself today but no epoxy at the moment.

Will take a better picture also later.

Woo hoo

Had a silly good driving day yesterday with the Helium. Took some aggressive lines due to the confidence I now have in it, and pulled them off. Stable and smooth. Mid-high launch. :bomb::bomb:

Love to see the testers getting these installed. Can't wait to hear feedback. Obviously I was fit into mine, but I hope a few of them get the results I have been getting.

Big decision on what grip to use, color coding!

a59f918a7bc88e0436ae5e27130ed11f.jpg

a0d7e78602cbfad9637da0f1b8729612.jpg

That shaft is gonna be really fun in the XR16 for you I bet. Gonna be hitting some high bombs and the Helium should lower the spin a bit. = More distance.

That shaft is gonna be really fun in the XR16 for you I bet. Gonna be hitting some high bombs and the Helium should lower the spin a bit. = More distance.

Thanks Lion81, and I’ll know immediately because I’m hitting the driver as good as I’ve ever hit it now.

Getting this ready and I’ll be able to swing some Wednesday at the range. Pretty excited and by the way, the Helium looks outstanding.

Thanks Lion81, and I’ll know immediately because I’m hitting the driver as good as I’ve ever hit it now.

Getting this ready and I’ll be able to swing some Wednesday at the range. Pretty excited and by the way, the Helium looks outstanding.

Did you just have the Stock Speeder 565 in it before?

I should be getting my shaft back tomorrow after dropping it off to be trimmed and tipped. Hopefully going to the range tomorrow night to get my first swing and head to head comparisons to my Synergy.

Did you just have the Stock Speeder 565 in it before?

Last year I did for awhile but that was with a 9* head. Then I was swinging a Handcrafted HZRDUS Black S but it’s just too stiff and low launching for my older bones. Next I bought a 10.5* XR16 head and also grabbed my current shaft here on the BST and love it (Fujikura Speeder Evolution II TS 665 Stiff).

I’m dialed in now with the XR16 so very excited to see what the Helium does for me.

Back