UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THE HELIUM PROTOTYPE SHAFT IS DESIGNED WITH PREMIUM MATERIALS FOR ALL GOLFERS LOOKING FOR A LIGHTWEIGHT STRUCTURE WITH EXTREME STABILITY.

LOW RESIN CARBON FIBER
We are able to reduce additional weight by using 25% less resin. Lowering the weight but also adding stiffness for stability.

COUNTERBALANCED DESIGN
The shaft is counterbalanced to work well with today's heavier driver heads.

IMPROVED STIFFNESS PROFILE
We are able to increase stiffness without sacrificing feel for all swingers. In addition to using lower resin carbon fiber material, we added more carbon fiber in key areas for additional stability and improved shot dispersion.

25% is a lot of weight to cut, how light are these?

edit, its 25% less resin, not less weight, but still, they must be very light!

25% is a lot of weight to lose, but that blue paint sure would like nice with my blue F7.

25% is a lot of weight to cut, how light are these?
Red flagged me too. "Feel" for me is just as much in the downswing as it is at contact and I need enough weight to allow for me to maintain control. Interested to see the weight categories and feedback on these.
One thing we do know....They make some amazing shafts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nice looking, and 48g is waaaay light. Interested to see how people hit with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red flagged me to. "Feel" for me is just as much in the downswing as it is at contact and I need enough weight to allow for me to maintain control. Interested to see the weight categories and feedback on these.
One thing we do know....They make some amazing shafts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say its a red flag for me at all, I don't really know what is best for my game, I just bought a 65g shaft to try going heavier, I wouldn't mind comparing with a lighter shaft to see if I can "feel" the difference or which one will help me more with accuracy and/or distance

The color scheme looks amazing!

• Admin
They range in weight from just around 50g to just around 60g.

from the website, it looks like high 40s or high 50s depending on which one you pick, its not that far out of the norm, but it sure is light. I will eb looking forward to the reviews for sure

It certainly would be fun to try out to see if I could put a move on the ball with it... although sometimes I'm a maniac

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They range in weight from just around 50g to just around 60g.

Is this the same shaft as my THP Proto that I gamed last year? Did they make changes to it? One of the best driver shafts I've ever gamed.

I have one of these shafts and they are incredible. I won a giveaway they had last year with prototypes of the Helium's and I absolutely love it.

Is this the same shaft as my THP Proto that I gamed last year? Did they make changes to it? One of the best driver shafts I've ever gamed.

That means I have to believe what I read on the internet :alien:

At 46" they weigh in at 49g, 57g, 58g and 59g depending on model and flex.

Having the helium from last year the lineup is great. UST does a great job with their paint schemes and the shafts. For lightweight they are very stable.

So as a quick review -

Yes, these shafts are on the lighter side, but they are extremely stable. I have a 5F4, so the stiff 58g version. The counterbalance works wonders, and even playing X-stiff shafts most of the time (~105mph driver swing), because these are so stable, I don't notice much difference playing this in a stiff. Weight wise I had previously played shafts in the low to mid 60's, but even with this one being trimmed and coming in a few grams lighter, it's not all that noticeable. If you play shafts in the 70's or 80's though, you may notice more, but I think most stock shafts aren't far off to begin with. I have been playing this shaft since last April, and I honestly can't say enough great things about it. Does launch high as advertised, but I love it. I think a lot of people would really enjoy playing these.

Picture of the custom one I won off them last year for their March Madness tournament.
C9I60J9XUAAhIiY.jpg:large

Last edited:
The ball could fly forever if these things are as stable as they are saying. Very cool!

I absolutely love the innovation at UST!!!!!

That paint scheme is strong. If it's as good as the Helium from last year, they've got an awesome shaft in their lineup.

I have been intrigued by this shaft for a long time, but haven't pulled the trigger. The reviews by other THP'ers have been great. It sounds like it would be a good fit for my game too. We'll see how the summer goes, maybe I'll pick one up.

I'm loving the color too! Fantastic looking shaft!!!!! And it would look, oh so good, in my R/W/B Hogan bag!

I swung an older model UST shaft for several years, every time I bought a new driver I ordered the shaft for it. It was old tech (found out during the Hogan Event) so I've since gone with something else. However, I'm seriously thinking about going back to a UST product.

When I do their online fitting,it always puts me in a Helium shaft. Must be telling me something ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When I do their online fitting,it always puts me in a Helium shaft. Must be telling me something ?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It's telling you that you could hit it 20 yards farther than me instead of 10...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I could see myself pairing up one of these with my GBB head quite easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back