UST Mamiya Helium Prototype Shafts

New setup today’s round

#badass IMO

7815d2f105b8898653c9642f8e0d9e90.jpg

610026a421b01eb694d05b9cea190004.jpg

84f6bca4e2d4469e6ea0c2998ef20a58.jpg

Is anybody playing this shaft in FWs? Just went through about 20 pages of this thread and saw basically no talk about it. I know it is lighter than typical FW shafts but would only be about 7 grams lighter than the Fuji shafts I have been gaming in FWs seemingly forever. I see this shaft as a better option for me than the other 2 available options for the new Hogan FWs.

So am I looking for info
Srixon has this as an option for the F85s

So am I looking for info
Srixon has this as an option for the F85s
I have been playing them in Hogan GS53 3 and 5 woods for about 2 months now. A lot of success with the 3 wood but the 5 wood, paired with the Helium, is still up in the air for me. Last week I pulled the 5 wood head and did a little additional tipping (and extended the butt end to make up for the lost length). Seems to have helped flatten the ball flight a little but still haven't played it enough to tell if it is going to be the answer in that club. Wouldn't change a thing about the 3 wood though. Definitely helps with ease of launching the 14° head off the deck and yields a very nice flat, boring ball flight.

I have been playing them in Hogan GS53 3 and 5 woods for about 2 months now. A lot of success with the 3 wood but the 5 wood, paired with the Helium, is still up in the air for me. Last week I pulled the 5 wood head and did a little additional tipping (and extended the butt end to make up for the lost length). Seems to have helped flatten the ball flight a little but still haven't played it enough to tell if it is going to be the answer in that club. Wouldn't change a thing about the 3 wood though. Definitely helps with ease of launching the 14° head off the deck and yields a very nice flat, boring ball flight.

Thank you looking for feedback on the 3 wood in 15*

Thank you looking for feedback on the 3 wood in 15*
Based on my 3 wood experience, I would say it is definitely a good combo. My typical ball flight would probably fall into the mid height category throughout the bag.

I still want to try this shaft out if I can find one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Recently put a Helium 5 shaft in my driver and I'm loving it. Don't know that I see a huge difference between it and the Tensei Red which I was using but I've always liked the combo of high launch/spin shafts with low spin heads. The combo just equals out to give me what works best for me.

I still want to try this shaft out if I can find one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You can try it out in my F9 and compare it to the Evenflow blue if you want. We are overdue for playing as it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i love the idea behind this shaft, and i'd certainly like to try one. but my current driver shaft is 70g and i love it even though i'm not a fast swinger. but i'm enamored with the idea of more launch.

My 49g 4x stiff Helium just impresses everyone. The look on everyones faces when they grab it and see how light it is yet still completely stable baffles. Its a blast

2BFAST;n8881626 said:
My 49g 4x stiff Helium just impresses everyone. The look on everyones faces when they grab it and see how light it is yet still completely stable baffles. Its a blast

I'm still intrigued by your setup and am looking forward to info being released on it soon (hopefully).

I gamed the helium this weekend in the Cobra F9. What a combo, truly deadly combo.

The new Helium black shaft looks stunning in the Speedzone driver thread.

Can anyone definitively tell me if the shaft is changed or just a new paint job?

Can anyone definitively tell me if the shaft is changed or just a new paint job?
Not definite but I’m pretty sure it’s a new Helium.

Sorry, I missed this.
Yes it is the same shaft. Previously referred to as Helium Prototype.

That was my thought but then wasn’t sure if it’s a more commercial paint job
Sorry, I missed this.
Yes it is the same shaft. Previously referred to as Helium Prototype.
Dang, I was assuming and hoping it was the new one that most of us haven't seen yet.

So I decided to break out my Helium Black 49g proto shaft yesterday for my first round of the year. I was using my The ATTAS shaft most of last year and through the winter working with my instructor. I forgot how easy it is to hit this thing. So light and stable. Although I was noticing higher ball flight than I'm used to seeing with it previously and I don't remember seeing the ball as high with this shaft? I have been going through a swing change though so not sure if my AoA has changed that much or what? Its not like high high, but higher than I'm used to seeing and it wasn't struck high on the face either. It was solid strikes as I was getting out there dancing with my playing partners which was satisfying. If it was windy out I might have been in trouble though.

Going to get more time and comparisons here soon.

Last edited:
So I decided to break out my Helium Black 49g proto shaft yesterday for my first round of the year. I was using my The ATTAS shaft most of last year and through the winter working with my instructor. I forgot how easy it is to hit this thing. So light and stable. Although I was noticing higher ball flight than I'm used to seeing with it previously and I don't remember seeing the ball as high with this shaft? I have been going through a swing change though so not sure if my AoA has changed that much or what? Its not like high high, but higher than I'm used to seeing and it wasn't struck high on the face either. It was solid strikes as I was getting out there dancing with my playing partners which was satisfying. If it was windy out I might have been in trouble though.

Going to get more time and comparisons here soon.
I was wondering if we were going to hear more about that one. You have a 4F5, right? I'm still intrigued by that especially since I love me some Helium.

I was wondering if we were going to hear more about that one. You have a 4F5, right? I'm still intrigued by that especially since I love me some Helium.

Yes 4F5. Its pretty wild not going to lie. You pick it up and your like wtf...then you swing it and your like double wtf haha

Yes 4F5. Its pretty wild not going to lie. You pick it up and your like wtf...then you swing it and your like double wtf haha
Sounds about like what I'd expect.:ROFLMAO: Is it a Helium proto that isn't released or is it just a weight/stiffness that isn't available for purchase?

This past weekend at the Distance Bash, Danny fitted me into the Helium Black shaft. My gamer coming into the Bash was a 2015 Callaway GBB with a KK TiNi in stiff flex. My idea of a fitting was to pick up a driver and swing it a few times and buy it if it felt good, so this was an eye opening experience.
Danny started the fitting by getting me to hit a handful with my Callaway and get numbers. He handed me the new driver with the Helium Black in it and my first reaction was that it felt very light but boy was it gorgeous. My first ball was a low pull but my second was a nice mid to high ball flight and it felt effortless. I am not a long hitter and my miss with my old driver was a toe side strike that ended in an ugly duck hook. I will post an extension to this review in the next week or so when I’ve had a chance to play a few rounds.

Shaft specs:
Helium Black in R flex (58g) 45.5”

My gains with the fitting:
2.5* increase in launch angle
200rpm decrease in spin
4yd increase in peak height
4* increase in descent angle

Lots of first over the last week..first THP Experience, first fitting and this is my first review on THP, so ask questions if I didn’t cover something you wanted to hear. I will be doing a review on the SpeedZone driver later this week.
364DDECD-A8E9-4F47-A74A-561DD48E60E5.jpeg
72CC79D0-5F65-4336-A3D5-27035D722F76.jpeg
4EDC9801-A697-4B76-BE13-CDD21C01635C.jpeg

This past weekend at the Distance Bash, Danny fitted me into the Helium Black shaft. My gamer coming into the Bash was a 2015 Callaway GBB with a KK TiNi in stiff flex. My idea of a fitting was to pick up a driver and swing it a few times and buy it if it felt good, so this was an eye opening experience.
Danny started the fitting by getting me to hit a handful with my Callaway and get numbers. He handed me the new driver with the Helium Black in it and my first reaction was that it felt very light but boy was it gorgeous. My first ball was a low pull but my second was a nice mid to high ball flight and it felt effortless. I am not a long hitter and my miss with my old driver was a toe side strike that ended in an ugly duck hook. I will post an extension to this review in the next week or so when I’ve had a chance to play a few rounds.

Shaft specs:
Helium Black in R flex (58g) 45.5”

My gains with the fitting:
2.5* increase in launch angle
200rpm decrease in spin
4yd increase in peak height
4* increase in descent angle

Lots of first over the last week..first THP Experience, first fitting and this is my first review on THP, so ask questions if I didn’t cover something you wanted to hear. I will be doing a review on the SpeedZone driver later this week.
View attachment 8929339
View attachment 8929340
View attachment 8929341

Great gains, and the shaft if gorgeous!

Does anyone know if these can be had at an uncut 48"?

Back