Lower Body Stability

Grandpa K

Reaction score
Handicap
I seem to be be moving around a lot within my golf swing. Feet moving and not staying down through the shot. Obviously there are disastrous results. Anyone experience this problem and if so are there any tips you can give me to help break this bad habit? Thanks in advance.

You could try the feet together drill. It's pretty hard to move your feet around when they are pinched together. This drill gives me good feels all around actually. It should help you get the feeling of all the things that should be moving as opposed to your feet. Since you need to stay in balance with this drill or you pretty much fall over. I would think it could help with a happy feet problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You could try the feet together drill. It's pretty hard to move your feet around when they are pinched together. This drill gives me good feels all around actually. It should help you get the feeling of all the things that should be moving as opposed to your feet. Since you need to stay in balance with this drill or you pretty much fall over. I would think it could help with a happy feet problem.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is exactly what my coach had me do to start each lesson last year. When I keep my lower body quiet/stable, I am a fairly good ball striker. When I'm moving too much, I lose that consistency.

I seem to be be moving around a lot within my golf swing. Feet moving and not staying down through the shot. Obviously there are disastrous results. Anyone experience this problem and if so are there any tips you can give me to help break this bad habit? Thanks in advance.

I had that problem a couple years ago and worked to change it. Unfortunately, for some, my change required working out my core. I started with a couple days a week and moved up to 5 days a week. After about 6 months my lower body didn't move further than over my left foot in the follow through which is expected.

An interim fix for me was shortening my back swing to about 3/4 instead of parallel. Worked pretty well and didn't lose much distance but I wasn't satisfied and a local former tour pro said my issue would only be resolved with working out. Doesn't mean that is your issue at all.

Back