question for single digit handicappers with a draw

glacker

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you also draw your sand and lob wedges on full swings? If not, do you adjust your aimpoint (as compared to
your longer wedges and irons)
to compensate for straight (non-draw) ball flight?

Yeah, a bit. They don’t tend to turn anywhere near as much but I certainly don’t change my swing. I definitely aim straighter but it still draws.

Yes, I have both drawn and faded the ball over my career and in each case my wedge game follows the iron game in general. However, if you draw the ball (as I do at the moment), I open my stance a bit while maintaining or ever so slightly opening the face to target alignment to hit a fade. Th change in face to path is sufficient that you can cut a ball in there with the same swing if you practice it.

EDIT: Seeing @Molten's response, I also don;t draw a wedge as much as an 8i or 6i. But the basic tendencies are still there.

usually yes. but i prefer a straight or cut shape with wedges, just find that hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On a full swing yes, but to a much smaller degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a drawer of the ball typically with my irons but my typical wedge is fairly straight although I can draw it if want. Don’t ask me to hit a fade though, I am very inconsistent on the amount, just not my shot. I’m thinking the shorter wedge shaft plus I’m focusing on a pin helps with a straighter shot shape.

Back