SuperSpeed Golf Review

I really need to give these a go.

Making a delivery for extra cash on Saturday. Very early Sunday I will be ordering these from Budget Golf. Thanks to Jman for this review and also everyone in the other thread.

Took some time off this since the review was finished because, well, twins. But going to pick it back up this week, probably from the start to be honest.

Wish my LH swing wasn't so awkward hahaha

Budget Golf delivered the SuperSpeed Golf Training System about 2 weeks ago and I finally started swinging clubs again after a 4+ month layoff. As you read in James' review, SwingSpeed recommends starting with the introduction protocol https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=C2piJgX9K5s.

I can't quite swing at 100% effort due to a bum knee. However, it's amazing how quickly your body adapts to the task. My swing speed was between 76-80 for sessions 1 & 2. Session 3 included plenty of swings in the upper 80s. I hit a max of 91 with the final swing. There's isn't a significant speed drop with the heavier clubs. I'm also surprised left side swings are in the upper 70s. In full disclosure, swings from the left side are very clumsy.

The intro training protocol is easy to follow and only takes a few minutes. I'm anxious to see how the training transitions to the golf course in a few weeks.

I didn't see this one earlier. Excellent review Jman. A golf buddy got this for himself 4 months ago and I've seen him make some remarkable improvement since. We meet at the range often but only play together a few times each season. He's 67 I think, always had a very consistent swing and maintains a high single digit cap. Everything he used to hit was a nice tight lowish draw and each shot basically landed atop each other (I'm so jealous). I helped him get a baseline speed with my SC200 while his SuperSpeed was shipping. A few weeks later we checked again and he driver speed was up 5%. I ran into him at the range a few days ago and WOW. He's still super consistent but all his shots fly noticeably higher and his driver was carrying 25 yards longer than I'd ever seen for him and it's still chilly - (so unfair). He said he really didn't train religiously during the cold either. I checked his driver speed and he's up over 11%. Going from a 78 mph average in Nov to 87 mph now and one swing even hit 90. He says his swing basically feels the same and he's going for more (can't blame him) but I plan on buying the system from him if he ever sells it.

I didn't see this one earlier. Excellent review Jman. A golf buddy got this for himself 4 months ago and I've seen him make some remarkable improvement since. We meet at the range often but only play together a few times each season. He's 67 I think, always had a very consistent swing and maintains a high single digit cap. Everything he used to hit was a nice tight lowish draw and each shot basically landed atop each other (I'm so jealous). I helped him get a baseline speed with my SC200 while his SuperSpeed was shipping. A few weeks later we checked again and he driver speed was up 5%. I ran into him at the range a few days ago and WOW. He's still super consistent but all his shots fly noticeably higher and his driver was carrying 25 yards longer than I'd ever seen for him and it's still chilly - (so unfair). He said he really didn't train religiously during the cold either. I checked his driver speed and he's up over 11%. Going from a 78 mph average in Nov to 87 mph now and one swing even hit 90. He says his swing basically feels the same and he's going for more (can't blame him) but I plan on buying the system from him if he ever sells it.
Thanks dude for the kind words!

You guys think it's worth the money? I might order one off amazon.ca (is there any discount codes?). I'm working on flattening out my swing more but can use more speed.

You guys think it's worth the money? I might order one off amazon.ca (is there any discount codes?). I'm working on flattening out my swing more but can use more speed.
It'll be a personal preference, but, after the review I bought two sets for my HS program if that tells you anything.

I ordered from Budget Golf a few days ago and got my delivery today. I can't wait to begin the program. Thanks guys for all the feedback so far as well as the excellent review James.

Interesting. There's lots of reviews online. What i noticed was the lightest weight trainer of the three produced the highest speeds. Does that mean a lighter club would increase swing speed?

I was looking into this last fall and pulled the trigger at Christmas. Every review I saw was positive. Another "plus" was NOT finding any "used" sets anywhere...that told me the system works.

I did the intro protocol and went for 112 mph to 120mph at the end. Granted I did more than the recommended 3 times a week...it's like crack. Using GC2 and our 3 track I've seen huge gains. Due to work I took a couple weeks off before starting the level1 protocol and the speed stayed...no drop off, which was nice to see. So it DOES train your brain.

Just started up level 1 this week... Can't wait to see where this goes!

I was looking into this last fall and pulled the trigger at Christmas. Every review I saw was positive. Another "plus" was NOT finding any "used" sets anywhere...that told me the system works.

I did the intro protocol and went for 112 mph to 120mph at the end. Granted I did more than the recommended 3 times a week...it's like crack. Using GC2 and our 3 track I've seen huge gains. Due to work I took a couple weeks off before starting the level1 protocol and the speed stayed...no drop off, which was nice to see. So it DOES train your brain.

Just started up level 1 this week... Can't wait to see where this goes!

Holy smokes!

It must be fun to be young and fast already then go to the next level with this system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been doing the intro protocols at the office a couple times a week. One thing I have noticed though and maybe its just a me thing but I have had issues with my actual golf swing being lousy after using this product, both times I was able to get out to a course my swing was awful for the first several holes. Timing and everything was all off. Maybe its a byproduct of doing it on the same day as playing golf or maybe its going for that speed number instead of making a proper golf swing, not sure. I used to have the same issue with the orange whip as well for what its worth, just thought I'd share my experience so far.

I have been doing the intro protocols at the office a couple times a week. One thing I have noticed though and maybe its just a me thing but I have had issues with my actual golf swing being lousy after using this product, both times I was able to get out to a course my swing was awful for the first several holes. Timing and everything was all off. Maybe its a byproduct of doing it on the same day as playing golf or maybe its going for that speed number instead of making a proper golf swing, not sure. I used to have the same issue with the orange whip as well for what its worth, just thought I'd share my experience so far.
Very interesting indeed, I actually went the other way and found more balance and connectiveness in the swing, I think that hooked me as much as anything did.

Are you just doing two a week or the recommended three sessions?

Very interesting indeed, I actually went the other way and found more balance and connectiveness in the swing, I think that hooked me as much as anything did.

I'm doing 3 times a week, every other day. I did it yesterday at lunch then played golf later in the day, which was a last minute thing. Its probably just me, like I said the Orange whip threw me all out of wack when I used it before a round to loosen up also for some reason. I'm going to keep using it, but am going to try not to use it on days I play golf.

I'm sure others will disagree, but focusing on speed can result in negative outcomes. I know plenty of guys who bought, then sold this training set on eBay. The instructions say to swing as HARD as you can to build-up muscles. IMO that results in wild swings. The brain goes into overload to try to swing at uncontrollable speeds. Alternately, buy a sledgehammer at Home Depot and hit a golf ball. It will automatically tell your body PDQ how to swing because you can't have tension and you certainly will learn how to use the weight of the hammer to create speed by using gravity along with your body rotation.

This was my worry as well when I started back up as I was working on some swing changes. What has helped me was doing this at the course (warming up hitting some balls) doing the training and then hitting some more balls. My swing is as good/bad as it ever was but the speed is coming along. I have only done the training once before playing, it was an average round for me but I would prefer to do it after the round if I needed to do it the same day I was playing.

James - 1st great review! 2nd - when you say you found more balance & connectiveness, do you mean you gained speed by finding the correct sequencing of the major muscle groups: hips to shoulders to arms to full release of the hands - more of a whip type sensation, resulting from being in the slot?

Holy smokes!

Gotta admit ...not only did I do it more than the recommended 3 times a week, but I misunderstood the directions. I get into my "Crossfit" mindset and thought of green/blue/red as one set. So I was doing 6 swings green, 6 blue and 6 red while standing and doing it 3 times ( in my mind that was 3 sets). Then I did it again with step change. Finished up with 3 swings green. So I was doing 3 times the work. The protocol called for 39 swings and I was doing 111 swings.

I realized something was up when I saw a Facebook post from the website and it was like a poster that showed how many swings. I emailed them...I'm an idiot. What was REALLY a killer was I did 3 sessions on level one protocol which ups the reps to 5's and adds in the kneeling swings BEFORE I saw the poster! So for that instead of doing I think 97 swings I was doing 275! Took me a half hour...ready to die but figured it can't be easy if I expect results.

So now I'm doing the proper amount of swings on Level one but 5 times a week.

Young?... I wish...57 is creeping up on me.

Hit triple digits for the first time this evening. 100 mph for standard swing and 102 mph for step through swing from right side with green stick. Need to start wearing a glove because my golf calluses disappeared over the winter.

Good reviews everyone. I took the plunge. Typical Driver is 98mph for me. Let’s see how it goes; hopefully some improvement to monitor on Skytrack. On the other hand my early teen junior golfer can also start using this to improve his strength and swing speed

:bulgy-eyes: Must stoooooooopppp this hoeing addiction.

I know it will get buried with the thread contest going, but, this deserves a bump IMO with some recent Q's about it.

The SS setup is in over 350 professional bags now according to the company, and we have seen it in some of the BIG names on the PGA Tour's bags as well.

I bought a ladies set and a coaches set to combine with my review set to use with my high school programs, I think THAT much of it.

I recently picked these up and started training with them again and it’s like it almost instantly fixes whatever goofy thing is going on with my swing. I’m not even 100% sure what it is, but it helps me keep everything in sync and improves my ballstriking to go along with building speed. Big fan here!

I recently picked these up and started training with them again and it’s like it almost instantly fixes whatever goofy thing is going on with my swing. I’m not even 100% sure what it is, but it helps me keep everything in sync and improves my ballstriking to go along with building speed. Big fan here!
I need to grab some of these!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back