SuperSpeed Golf Review

Are we talking about the little blue and gray unit ?

if so a swing speed radar it is. Launch monitor it’s not. It doesn’t provide any ball data simply swing speed. Didn’t want people to think it could provide any ball or shot data Before they buy it. It will read swing speed with it or without a ball which is nice.

They have recently changed the unit they endorse.

The old one (The one I think you are talking about)
1588715003543.png

New One- PRGR
1588715040920.png

They have recently changed the unit they endorse.

The old one (The one I think you are talking about)
View attachment 8941335

New One- PRGR
View attachment 8941336

Gotcha.
I’m not up to speed with the endorsements. Who is endorsing the pregger Unit ?

Gotcha.
I’m not up to speed with the endorsements. Who is endorsing the pregger Unit ?
Superpeed themselves. This is the one they have in their Shop

I finally did it and bought the Senior SuperSpeed System. I emailed them the current driver I'm using and they recommended that system because of the weight of my driver not my age which is 68 by the way. It arrives this week and I can't wait to try it and get the speed back I've lost over the past few years. I'll post my progress in 4 weeks. Stay safe everyone in these crazy times.

Week 4, Session 1 was the best yet. This is the first time all 6 of my 'after' driver swings were over 100 mph.

I had the 2 fastest with my Cobra, at 109 and 108 mph. Before avg: 98.0. After avg: 107.3.

Cortex is lagging behind now. 97.7 before; 102.7 after.

Week 4, Session 1 was the best yet. This is the first time all 6 of my 'after' driver swings were over 100 mph.

I had the 2 fastest with my Cobra, at 109 and 108 mph. Before avg: 98.0. After avg: 107.3.

Cortex is lagging behind now. 97.7 before; 102.7 after.

Cortex is a heavy driver. I could see that.

Dropped off with some speed after missing two days... I'll get back because <100 on the radar was irritating... Had also done this at the end of yardwork... New fitness coming up as covid is here to stay...I have to drop my COVIDIAN 19

Saw this post by Superspeed. Gonna have to give this a try. I like that they add to the protocols. B6F9D07D-555F-48DD-A3D5-93CAAE1EA42B.png

Just finished my first 6-Week level 1 protocol. VERY Happy with my results

Green Club
Start
: 123mph
End 155mph
Difference: +22mph

Driver
Start
: 115mph
End 144mph
Difference: +29mph

1589239124835.png

Last edited:
Alright, I’m in. Ordered from Budget just now.
Getting over my slipped disc, so doing quite a bit of stretching and improving flexibility lately. Hoping along with that to start building my swing speed.

Weekly update
4/4/20-Sat. (Day I started logging numbers)
Driver before 89 - after 102
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

5/9/20-Sat
Driver before 98 after 99
Green before 107
Blue - 99
Red - 96
Green after 109

sticks aren’t improving much if anything. But my driver before shows in improvement of 9mph.
I know I’m not in the high 90’s on the course but usually this time of year I’m in the mid to high 80’s. Definitely with the yardages I’m seeing on the course I bet I’m around 90-93 on the course which I’ll take. Now I just need to stick with it. I quit last year in May once I started playing more.

I added in my own driver when you do the fast green club swings at the end. I wanted the feeling of swinging my own driver fast as well. As far as weight and swing weight go, my driver is around the blue club but 2” longer. The red club I just can’t swing fast.... e9 swing weight at 44”.

In past I’ve gained a little using Superspeed but this year I saw gains triple to in the past with my own driver. I’m convinced adding it into my protocol did the trick.

I sat out longer between sessions than I intended, for whatever reasons. Today's was about the same as all the rest, even as far back as Week 1. :confused2:

I did get the green one up to the fastest speed yet, though, on the very first swing of the session. (y)

It's hard to tell how much it has helped, but my drives in 4 rounds since starting this are noticeably longer than usual. Dry fairways are helping, but I don't think I'm getting 60-70 yards of rollout, either.

Weekly update

first stared logging
4/4/20-Sat.
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

5/15/20-Fri
Driver before 95 after 102
Green bef 105
Blue - 102
Red - 96
Green after 107

I think I have plateaued. :confused:

Weekly update

first stared logging
4/4/20-Sat.
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

5/15/20-Fri
Driver before 95 after 102
Green bef 105
Blue - 102
Red - 96
Green after 107

I think I have plateaued. :confused:

Are you bombing it now, erock? 102 mph is quick.

I'm up about 10 yards this year so far. I have 3/7 drives over 220 last time out with a long of 240. Either the ST190 is perfect for me or I've gained speed on the Peloton of all things! My wife bought one in March and I've logged 68 rides on it!

Dave

Are you bombing it now, erock? 102 mph is quick.

I'm up about 10 yards this year so far. I have 3/7 drives over 220 last time out with a long of 240. Either the ST190 is perfect for me or I've gained speed on the Peloton of all things! My wife bought one in March and I've logged 68 rides on it!

Dave

Dave congrats on the 10 yd gains...are you also doing Superspeed with the Peleton workouts?

As for me, nah not really bombing it, but overall I am happy with my progress.

For me the more important measurement is the speed with the driver 'before' I start the routine. I have shown progression there, especially when comparing to my beginning workouts. I feel like that is the number that shows how much speed is retained week over week. I mostly golf at 6:30 am so there is not much time to warm up before unless I wake up really early which usually doens't happen. So if I can pick up a driver cold and swing it at 90mph vs around 85 that is a win for me.

102mph... I will likely never see that on the course as that is right after doing the Superspeed workout when fully loose as well as not swinging with a ball there either to hit. Much easier to go all out with no ball than with.

Yesterday I walked 9 and on the last hole, the course was dead so I hit 36 drives (doing some current driver testing). I brought along my little radar and it showed a pretty consistent 92-94 mph which I think is about right fully warmed up and being 7am (body probably not at full speed yet). It was 55* out and rained all day before so not ideal conditions and my avg drive with my gamer was 223 with a long of 237. In looking at my Game Golf stats Since Aug I have averaged 222 with this club with a "typical" drive of 229. Most of those rounds were logged in warmer temps with more ideal conditions.

I tested on this same hole at the same time of day 2 weeks ago and my average with the same club was 219 with a long of 232.

I figure once things dry up here and if I ever played in the afternoon when 30* warmer I'd be looking at some of those 230 yd drives getting up to or over 240 which on a level hole would be approaching all time longs for me.

All and all I am happy with how things are going. Any distance gains would be a delight but honestly with turning 44 in 2 weeks I am more less just trying to maintain distance at this point. Not an old man by any means but somedays I wake up and feel it :).

Weekly SS update

Today:
Driver 95 before after 105
Green bef 108
Blue - 106
Red - 97
Green after 114

4/4/20 (date I started logging #’s)
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

Arm circles still make me wince for the last few reps.

I'm getting ready to do my next session. This will be the first one in really oppressive heat -- it's 92* outside right now with a dewpoint of 73*. o_O

My swing thought on the tee last round was superspeed swing. I think where it really helped is completely shifting my weight putting everything into the swing which results in bringing the club all the way through and around. The results have been good and really getting some drives out there. Also by focusing on that i have for the most part eliminated the not finishing and hanging it out there. Definitely seeing results on the course and i cant say enough good things about the superspeed and the superspeed c workouts.

I took some time away as I was dissecting my swing with online lesson. Now I am back to superspeed and hoping to log some swings... Should I start at beginning with swings and program after 2 weeks off?

Gonna take a break from these. Irons are working Well but I feel I’ve broken my hybrid swing. And hybrids are usually the best part of my game. Hitting fairways with driver but my distance seems down a bit. Instead I’m going to work this week with the Orange Whip. It’s heavy enough to hopefully gain some speed plus with a proper Swing and tempo. The all out swings with the sticks just seems too different than my on course swing.

Back