Game Golf Pro Coming!

I’ve been trying to initiate a return for over a week with no response. Then out of the blue I received a second unit in the mail. I’ve been feverishly checking my credit card statements to make sure I’m not being charged again. Their customer service has truly been one of the worst experiences with retail. It seems like their company is a total cluster.
Wow that's crazy sounds like a mess.

anyone else been able to get theirs out onto the course lately? Thoughts?

Looking forward to actually playing golf on a course hopefully sometime soon.

anyone else been able to get theirs out onto the course lately? Thoughts?

Looking forward to actually playing golf on a course hopefully sometime soon.
I was hoping to get my GG Pro into play before surgery, but it won’t happen. I’m curious to hear how everyone’s else’s experience goes with GG.

I was hoping to get my GG Pro into play before surgery, but it won’t happen. I’m curious to hear how everyone’s else’s experience goes with GG.

I do see warmer weather coming this weekend...maybe just maybe

Hi everyone!

I just read this thread and had to register to this forum. Today I returned my GG Pro Device and hopefully will get my money back soon. (27 days since I got the device via mail). I gave it another try today.

I've written a couple of mails to the C/S of GG and first I have to say that they've been always nice and responded quickly. Only the request to get a return-label was'nt answered that quick. But no bashing to the C/S at all.

Why did I return my device?

- many shots have not been tracked (randomly on the FWY, but nearly every tee-shot was NOT tracked)
- 3 tags could not be paired or have been paired once and were not able to re-pair after I detected the problems with the shot-tracking. (C/S would have sent me new tags - a nice move)
- Using the app (Android Pixel 3) forced me to confirm the putts -> but it is not apparent which hole i am confirming the putts which led to more in-round-editing
- often I found stats like 600m drives off the tee-box after adding tee-shot manually via the app. Although all the other shots were tracked correctly, the app drew a line from the manually added tee-shot to the last putt on the green -> had to edit after the round (and still the 600m drive was in the stats)
- sometimes shots have been tracked back to the tee (teebox->green->teebox->fairway)
- two tags were at a battery level of <30% (the app has been updated now so you can't see the battery level anymore now)
- I had a pre-order/first-to-order E-Mail like all of you -> bought it for 299€ -> installed the app -> first thing I saw in the app was an offer to buy the Pro Device for 269€

To summarize:
I had to think about the tracking all the time -> which I was supposed not to do after buying the GG Pro device. I understand that there is some machine-learning built-in but I played 5 rounds (with mobile on/off, Medaillon on belt, outside clipped to my jacket. tried to edit in-round) and there was NO improvement at all. So I found myself editing the round on my computer from remembering the shots (which is no problem to me at all but I could do this without any device). btw: i updated the firmware and the app regularly. Thinking about whether the 300€-device will track the next shot or not is a big downer on the course at every single shot. I'd rather would use the GG Classic again and know the shot will be tracked.

To me, though I am still a fan of GG, the Pro-Device has very high ambitions that can't be reached. The delay between announcing the device to bringing it to the market makes sense to me now-> in my opinion it still should not have been released at this point.

Hope, your guys playing experiens vary and you have fun with it. Unfortunately i have'nt - i wish I had, really - and if in the future GG Pro will really improve and all of you guys are happy with it, i would buy it again and everything I said above would have been only my fault. :)

p.s.: sorry for my bad English. I've tried my best :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I just read this thread and had to register to this forum. Today I returned my GG Pro Device and hopefully will get my money back soon. (27 days since I got the device via mail). I gave it another try today.

I've written a couple of mails to the C/S of GG and first I have to say that they've been always nice and responded quickly. Only the request to get a return-label was'nt answered that quick. But no bashing to the C/S at all.

Why did I return my device?

- many shots have not been tracked (randomly on the FWY, but nearly every tee-shot was NOT tracked)
- 3 tags could not be paired or have been paired once and were not able to re-pair after I detected the problems with the shot-tracking. (C/S would have sent me new tags - a nice move)
- Using the app (Android Pixel 3) forced me to confirm the putts -> but it is not apparent which hole i am confirming the putts which led to more in-round-editing
- often I found stats like 600m drives off the tee-box after adding tee-shot manually via the app. Although all the other shots were tracked correctly, the app drew a line from the manually added tee-shot to the last putt on the green -> had to edit after the round (and still the 600m drive was in the stats)
- sometimes shots have been tracked back to the tee (teebox->green->teebox->fairway)
- two tags were at a battery level of <30% (the app has been updated now so you can't see the battery level anymore now)
- I had a pre-order/first-to-order E-Mail like all of you -> bought it for 299€ -> installed the app -> first thing I saw in the app was an offer to buy the Pro Device for 269€

To summarize:
I had to think about the tracking all the time -> which I was supposed not to do after buying the GG Pro device. I understand that there is some machine-learning built-in but I played 5 rounds (with mobile on/off, Medaillon on belt, outside clipped to my jacket. tried to edit in-round) and there was NO improvement at all. So I found myself editing the round on my computer from remembering the shots (which is no problem to me at all but I could do this without any device). btw: i updated the firmware and the app regularly. Thinking about whether the 300€-device will track the next shot or not is a big downer on the course at every single shot. I'd rather would use the GG Classic again and know the shot will be tracked.

To me, though I am still a fan of GG, the Pro-Device has very high ambitions that can't be reached. The delay between announcing the device to bringing it to the market makes sense to me now-> in my opinion it still should not have been released at this point.

Hope, your guys playing experiens vary and you have fun with it. Unfortunately i have'nt - i wish I had, really - and if in the future GG Pro will really improve and all of you guys are happy with it, i would buy it again and everything I said above would have been only my fault. :)

p.s.: sorry for my bad English. I've tried my best :)
Thank you for the honest assessment. Hoping to get mine on the course in the near future for the first time. And if it too less to lots of manual editing of shots I will treturn mine as well. I'm hoping that isn't the case

Thank you for the honest assessment. Hoping to get mine on the course in the near future for the first time. And if it too less to lots of manual editing of shots I will treturn mine as well. I'm hoping that isn't the case

Rock the course and prove me wrong! :)

Good writeup naew, and sorry to hear about your troubles. I’ll say it again... I believe the GG Live unit to be their best. I think that overreached a little with the Pro. The Live unit (with its manual tagging) is just so simple. No batteries, no pairing of clubs, no fuss. You know if you tag a shot, it will be registered. Simple.

Hopefully that will remedy the issues you found, though I will say the Live unit does sometimes register a 600yd drive like you had with the Pro. Sometimes it thinks you’re on the previous hole. But it’s easily edited at home later.

Hi out there! Has anyone made new experiences with GG Pro?

think I should try using this for my first round since last year at the unoffic meeting in Charleston? Or too much a pain for first use? What do you guys think?

think I should try using this for my first round since last year at the unoffic meeting in Charleston? Or too much a pain for first use? What do you guys think?

Im thinking about doing the same thing (assuming my new irons arrive), otherwise I'll have to use my old one and will do all of that when I get home

Im thinking about doing the same thing (assuming my new irons arrive), otherwise I'll have to use my old one and will do all of that when I get home

hope they arrive, I'd like to check the system out.

hope they arrive, I'd like to check the system out.

I forgot Id have to do work synching etc in advance, sounds exhausting

Looks like an update today.

To start, we want to thank you for you purchasing GAME GOLF PRO.

Rest assured, we are committed to delivering the most powerful and accurate shot tracking system in the industry and appreciate your support in our development.

Today we have released a series of updates to the performance of GAME GOLF PRO system and apps to improve your user experience. Our focus is to improve the accuracy of our shot detection and putting algorithms while also making adjustments to improve the stability of our apps (iOS & Android) and smart caddie feature.

Moving forward, we will continue to release more updates as we perfect the accuracy of our machine learning algorithms and the performance of our apps.

We really appreciate your continued support and feedback. Please share your experience with us at*info@gamegolf.com.

Your GAME GOLF Team

For instructions on how to update your tag firmware, please refer to our User Manual (page 27) or*download it here.

I'm back to gg live, I just gave up on pro, when it works its superb but I found myself checking the medallion more than concentrate on my game plus with only having half the tags I had to heavily edit after my round

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Since this Pro push, the app and my GG Live set has not worked as well as it used to. The app cannot pull up course data, even if it is one I had previously downloaded, so I cannot use it as a distance finder during play right now. It will not display past rounds hole-by-hole (only the summary). I've uninstalled and re-installed, but that didn't seem to affect anything.

It still tags shots accurately, so I'll use it for that. I've started using 18Birdies for distances, and its interface is so much more visually appealing.

Since this Pro push, the app and my GG Live set has not worked as well as it used to. The app cannot pull up course data, even if it is one I had previously downloaded, so I cannot use it as a distance finder during play right now. It will not display past rounds hole-by-hole (only the summary). I've uninstalled and re-installed, but that didn't seem to affect anything.

It still tags shots accurately, so I'll use it for that. I've started using 18Birdies for distances, and its interface is so much more visually appealing.
That's disappointing to hear, I'll be using mine tomorrow so I'll confirm if I have the same issues

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uh oh that’s not good, hopefully just another bug that can be fixed. I’ve really hated the software but liked the simple hardware of my GG live. I’ve dealt with it but they need a total overhaul of the app. Hopefully maybe the next release of iOS will force them to rethink the app, and create a dark mode to save my eyes.

App will freeze while im uploading rounds if my phone goes black after 30s, all works like it should just that small fault, but o don't use the app during a round, Iv always used 18birdies as a score card and basic stats, putts, chips ect, and as you say has a nice interface

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

any recent experiences with the Game Golf Pro? Mine is still in the box at home

Back