Game Golf Pro Coming!

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been toying around with the idea of getting one of the shot tracking products that are currently on the market. Wasnt interested in the original Game Golf as wasnt a big fan of having to mess with the "tapping".

The Arccos is a solid option, most of the gripes from people come from the phone in pocket debate, as well as the battery drain on the phone.

Well it appears good news is on the horizon, Game Golf is releasing "Game Golf Pro" which will not require any "tapping" or require the use of a phone in your pocket (allthough you can use it for the Caddie option, it doesnt have to be in your pocket)

https://articles.gamegolf.com/new-g...medium=modal-learn-more&utm_campaign=golf-pro

Depending on price, seems like it could make a splash (EDIT, looks like according to Golf Digest it will be $300 and available in April). Need to see how the "puck" is used and where it needs to be to pick up shots.

NEW GAME GOLF “PRO” OFFERS UNPRECEDENTED SHOT TRACKING FOR GOLFERS

NEW GAME GOLF “PRO” OFFERS UNPRECEDENTED SHOT TRACKING FOR GOLFERSAUTOMOTIVE-GRADE SENSORS AND NEW FEATURES PROVIDE SEAMLESS EXPERIENCEAND INSTANT, ACCURATE FEEDBACK
San Francisco, Jan 19, 2018–GAME GOLF, the #1 GPS stat tracker in golf, takes real-time shot tracking to the next level with the announcement of their third-generation technology GAME GOLF PRO, providing golfers with the ability to capture the most accurate shot data possible with absolute freedom.
Taking advantage of the industry’s most advanced shot-tracking technology is this easy: arrive at the tee, turn on GAME GOLF PRO and play. Unlike earlier iterations, there’s no need to tap the GAME GOLF tags on your clubs to the hip device. All you have to do is play golf—and every shot, distance, and club used is automatically tracked.
Incorporating automotive-grade sensors used by cutting edge motor companies such as Tesla, GAME GOLF PRO is so smart that it can differentiate real shots from practice swings. GAME GOLF PRO also doesn’t miss any shots and you don’t need to have your phone in your pocket, unlike competing systems. In fact, GAME GOLF PRO has its own battery and GPS included so you can leave your phone at home saving you data and battery life, if you choose.
GG_Medallion_Tag_20180123-4-l7wpd9-768x473.png

GAME GOLF has remained the market leader in GPS-shot tracking through its relentless devotion to innovation, and by partnering with the PGA of America and leading technological component manufacturers such as NXP Semiconductors.
In designing GAME GOLF PRO, data was analyzed from over two million rounds played by members of the GAME GOLF community across 137 countries. Additionally, PGA of America and touring professionals provided valuable feedback from their experience with GAME GOLF, that has helped in the development of this product.
“We are proud to launch GAME GOLF PRO which fulfills our vision to enhance the golfer's on-course experience in a way that's easy and convenient, using the best real-time shot-tracking capabilities available today,” said John McGuire, CEO and
founder of GAME GOLF. “Even though we created the GPS stat-tracking category and remain the market leader, we have been dedicated to streamlining the GAME GOLF experience so that golfers no longer have to tap their club on the GAME GOLF hip device. Now, you can just play golf, and GAME GOLF PRO accurately provides golfers with the best tracked data in the game today.
“Incorporating the latest technology from NXP Semiconductors, used in the autonomous motor industry by top car brands like Tesla, GAME GOLF PRO delivers reliable and accurate shot detection that is beyond the scope of competing systems.” McGuire added.

NEW SMART CADDIE HELPS YOU MAKE DATA-DRIVEN DECISIONS
For those golfers who want to use their phones, GAME GOLF PRO has a rangefinder and the newly developed Smart Caddie feature.
Coming to market in 2018, GAME GOLF Smart Caddie helps golfers make data-driven decisions by recommending clubs and hole strategy based on your previously tracked performance. Competing systems give you a recommendation for how to play a hole. Smart Caddie takes it one step further, providing you with recommendations for every shot you face on a hole with no manual entry required.
With Smart Caddie, it’s like having your own personal caddie who considers every shot you’ve ever hit, and has identified all of your tendencies and understands the course. Smart Caddie can even calculate the effect of weather and elevation in making its recommendations.
“GAME GOLF is the ultimate tool in providing golfers with personal data that allows them to match their game to the challenges the course is presenting,” McGuire said.

COACHING DASHBOARD SPEEDS IMPROVEMENT PROCESS
Designed with the input of PGA of America Golf Professionals, the new GAME GOLF Coaching Dashboard not only allows you to accurately determine the parts of your game that need improvement, but it also makes it easy to share your data with your PGA Professional.
“The Coaching Dashboard allows players and coaches to speed the improvement process by tracking a player’s strengths, weaknesses and tendencies on one page. It also allows the PGA Professional to build lesson plans based on a player’s on-course performance analytics rather than having to rely solely on analyzing a golfer’s swing,” McGuire said.
With GAME GOLF, friends, parents and your PGA Professional miles away can stay informed as soon as you walk off the 18th green. Once your round is completed, your selected network will receive an email notification with a complete round analysis. This allows your PGA Professional to provide timely feedback that can help you make adjustments that lead to better golf.

GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE: Know Your Course
GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE puts a new spin on the GAME Golf tag line of ‘Know Your Game.’ GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE provides the golf industry with a tool it can use to lower maintenance costs, increase pace of play, improve course set-up and playability, and make courses safer.
“By drawing on our database of more than two-million rounds and twenty-billion data points—the richest source of tracked rounds golf—GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE makes it possible for course owners, club management, superintendents and golf architects to respond to how golfers are actually experiencing their course,” McGuire said. “Our tag
line for GAME GOLF INTELLIGENCE is ‘Know Your Course.’ “We are focused on helping courses to manage their resources and reduce cost. It’s another example of how GAME GOLF’s technology not only helping golfers to have more fun and improve, but it’s also helping grow and improve the game.”

I'm definitely a huge fan of not having to carry a phone in the pocket. One, I just don't want to have to put a phone in my pocket. Two, the battery drain usually results in my phone getting 'hot,' and I don't want a hot phone in my pocket.

This will be the first product of its type I may actually pick up.

~Rock

Phone in pocket was a major dislike of mine so I enjoy what I'm seeing here.

I really like this evolution, so pretty awesome there. I carry my phone anyways, so not a huge deal. That being said, I will await some reviews.

I'm definitely eyeing this one up.

I've been using the free Game Golf app and manually tagging shots for a couple of years now. The data it provides is great, but I'd love to gather it in a less-dorky and cumbersome way.

Hopefully this works as smoothly as suggested.

That looks cool!! Right now I'm using the Golf Pad app for GPS and shot tracking. I bring a portable charger with me to help with battery drain.

I don't mind the tapping much now that I'm getting used to it. Although I've got to remember to charge the device haha.

The system sounds intriguing, and I'm anxious to see how they implement the sensors.

I think this is the direction these types of products need to go to get everyone to buy in, makes them so much easier to use!

I've tracked 179 rounds with gg original, so this will be on my "gps" for sure. lol

Last edited:
I tested the original and really enjoyed it. It really helped in getting distances down and start to learn where the shots were coming from. Was very accurate after the testing feedback and changes. Should be great!

I'd love to not have to tap. I mess that up more than anything. Don't know that I'd be willing to drop more on another one of theirs though after having bought the one I have.

I am a fan if it means I can still use my Bluetooth for my AirPods or my Soundchuck Mini.

I have the original GG and I just built the tag into my preshot routine.
I'm switching to arrcos because my New set has it built in. I've heard arccos is working on a solution to the phone in the pocket.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

This has some serious attention from me.

Been waiting for a release date on this I do like the gg classic and will be considering this as we'll as shot scope v2 and arccos

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Been waiting for a release date on this I do like the gg classic and will be considering this as we'll as shot scope v2 and arccos

Yeah shouldn't be much longer. Golf digest mentioned some time in April

Right in time for the start of the season then, is there not game golf tags that you don't need to tap it runs from your phone like arccos I'm sure iv saw them on eBay

If it works as they say it does, imo, it'll be an Arccos killer.

If it works as they say it does, imo, it'll be an Arccos killer.

Curious why you think it would it be an Arccos killer? Arccos didn't kill Game Golf even though it does most of what this device claims to do already. Seems to me like GG is just catching up. I would bet if they have figured out the no phone in the pocket thing Arccos won't be far behind.

Curious why you think it would it be an Arccos killer? Arccos didn't kill Game Golf even though it does most of what this device claims to do already. Seems to me like GG is just catching up. I would bet if they have figured out the no phone in the pocket thing Arccos won't be far behind.

Phone in pocket and battery drain are real, and massive, with Arccos. For all the very very good aspects, you add that to the inability to listen to music while using etc, and there are many who just don't stick with it long term. The app is clean, Cobra being on board is cool, but if Game Golf beats them to the phone free pocket then it's a big big deal.

Phone in pocket and battery drain are real, and massive, with Arccos. For all the very very good aspects, you add that to the inability to listen to music while using etc, and there are many who just don't stick with it long term. The app is clean, Cobra being on board is cool, but if Game Golf beats them to the phone free pocket then it's a big big deal.

I can see that and for many of us who like to listen to music that can be an issue but I would think the majority of golfers who are using it don't care. The phone in the pocket thing and battery are issues I'm sure they are working on I just don't see it as killing Arccos though. I have no experience with either system just yet, but Game Golf always seemed like little brother to me. If they have figured it out, I'm sure Arccos isn't far behind.

I can see that and for many of us who like to listen to music that can be an issue but I would think the majority of golfers who are using it don't care. The phone in the pocket thing and battery are issues I'm sure they are working on I just don't see it as killing Arccos though. I have no experience with either system just yet, but Game Golf always seemed like little brother to me. If they have figured it out, I'm sure Arccos isn't far behind.
Add in, I hope they've improved on Android because when I reviewed the new Arccos set, there were some serious reading issues.

I'm not here to trash either one, I know you're super pumped about Arccos what with the Morgan Cup and Cobra and all, but in my time reviewing the system, those aren't just little hangups, but big ones with those who I put it into their hands to go into play.

Add in, I hope they've improved on Android because when I reviewed the new Arccos set, there were some serious reading issues.

I'm not here to trash either one, I know you're super pumped about Arccos what with the Morgan Cup and Cobra and all, but in my time reviewing the system, those aren't just little hangups, but big ones with those who I put it into their hands to go into play.

All very good points I'm just having a conversation... as I mentioned I don't have any experience with Arccos yet, yes I will be using it soon but I haven't even paired up my clubs yet because its freezing cold outside and I still can't play. For the record I don't have any experience with Game Golf either I was just saying I didn't understand why you thought it would kill Arccos as I just don't see that happening.

I have read your review and appreciate that you have brought up those issues because they are real and they do affect many of us THPers. I'm sure I will be experiencing them soon. As far as Game Golf I think its great that they have improved on their system, because it needed it badly. I don't think they were an inferior product, just different. Everyone always says options are good so people will have options and if they have figured out a way to improve and it works others wont be far behind.

All very good points I'm just having a conversation... as I mentioned I don't have any experience with Arccos yet, yes I will be using it soon but I haven't even paired up my clubs yet because its freezing cold outside and I still can't play. For the record I don't have any experience with Game Golf either I was just saying I didn't understand why you thought it would kill Arccos as I just don't see that happening.

I have read your review and appreciate that you have brought up those issues because they are real and they do affect many of us THPers. I'm sure I will be experiencing them soon. As far as Game Golf I think its great that they have improved on their system, because it needed it badly. I don't think they were an inferior product, just different. Everyone always says options are good so people will have options and if they have figured out a way to improve and it works others wont be far behind.
It's the beauty of conversation, different people, different takes. I stand by mine and you stand by yours, and all is well.

I still need to hear where the "puck" needs to be located before I get excited about this. I'm less excited if it has to be in a pocket or hooked onto your belt. If it can live in a pocket in my golf bag, then that's a game changer.

Back