Reverse Slice Sequence training review

Reverse Slice Sequence training review

It's fine. Andrew Rice explained it perfectly. The ball starts on the line of the path and turns in relation to your clubface.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

if you’re talking about his king and queen video, he’s wrong.

joseph mayo explains it accurately here https://youtu.be/-89M1vt66FA

or this video from trackman’s site. fast forward to 1:35 when he hits a push draw. at about 1:39 where martin chuck states whether face or path dictated start line. spoiler alert: it’s the face. https://blog.trackmangolf.com/face-path-explained-martin-chuck/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think Rice’s video says the same as Mayo’s.

Simply put, the face sends it and the path bends it.

That's a good video. When the face and path were the same, it produced a dead push. The 2nd shot produced a draw because the face was closed in relation to the path. That's exactly what I've been saying.

So, I've sliced since the early 90's. It's consistently there, and I've played it, but driver was an epic banana.

I saw this video sequence an clicked on Facebook. It wasn't free, so I ignored it.

Eventually, I got an e-mail to try it for $25 and that was low enough that I did.

Long story short, I was bending my left wrist the completely wrong way, and the videos helped me rather quickly.

I have played a few rounds since trying this, and I hit 13 fairways today on my way to a good (for me) 93.

Now, I didn't carry driver, and used my 3-wood of the tee. After the round, my buddy who's golfed with me for over a decade asked if I got anything else for my soul......

Now if I could only putt.....

I do have to say that aiming down the right side of the fairway is going to take a LOT of getting used to.

I kept wanting to aim left despite hitting straight out a little left instead of slicing.

Oh, and the best thing is, one hole I wanted to slice, and consciously doing my wrist "the old way" worked, although it wasn't as spectacular as I'm used to.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Just an update: it seems to be something that worked for me. My last 4 rounds were in the 90's, with a 91 on a course I usually am closer to 110 on than 90.......

I would say that I've had a pretty consistent swing/slice for twenty years, so the wrist change/takeaway is working well. I pretty much NEVER missed left with a FW or long iron. I don't know if this would work as well for someone who is slicing some of the time and has a two-way miss.

I do like that it have me just a few things to do. I didn't completely change my swing, and it's been pretty easy to get results on the course that are the same as on the range.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I tried Eric's reverse slice seq training program and I definitely got value out of it. I really like Eric's teaching approach/style. It definitely helped me quite a bit to be honest (I'm a 12 handicap; generally decent swing but frequently cut it off the tee). I can now pretty much draw on demand.

** One serious warning **: When you go to purchase, Performance Golf Zone (PGZ) does some serious up-selling - the buying process takes about 20 minutes because you have to sit thru other sales pitches and it gets painful. When i signed up, I didn't realize that I was also getting a free trial to their "Scratch Club" which automatically rolls over to $19/month if you don't cancel. It's somewhat hidden in the fine print - definitely NOT OBVIOUS. I got billed twice before finally realizing what was happening and cancelled. Their support was a little condescending with me, as if I was stupid for making this mistake. Felt pretty dishonest to me and I'm not sure I would buy from them again.

Back