Well....Something happened yesterday and I needed to share it...

cdutra40

Reaction score
Handicap
Well I figured I should put this out there since I talked about it in the welcome forum and wanted to post it here too but I did it. I not only got a birdie but I would like to say I broke 90. It wasn't a par 72 course. Par 66 so if I added the 6 strokes I would've gotten an 82. It was the round of my life. I'm usually happy with 2 or 3 pars with the rest being bogeys and maybe keep the doubles down to 1 or two but this round was off the walls. I had 8 pars, 1 birdie, yes 7 bogeys but I usually get like 10 if not more, and 2 double bogeys which with the round I was having made me mad whereas in a normal round at the courses I normally play I'd be happy keeping it to just 2.

But anyways thought I'd share because it was just such an exciting feeling.

Now I want to know if that is an accurate way to gauge what I would've shot.

Also, this gave me a whole new world of confidence in swinging the club. Driver through putting. Only 1 bogey happened after that birdie.

I'd love some advice on how to approach the harder courses I play weekly now that (after 7 years) I have my first birdie under my belt.

Thanks guys!

Well I figured I should put this out there since I talked about it in the welcome forum and wanted to post it here too but I did it. I not only got a birdie but I would like to say I broke 90. It wasn't a par 72 course. Par 66 so if I added the 6 strokes I would've gotten an 82. It was the round of my life. I'm usually happy with 2 or 3 pars with the rest being bogeys and maybe keep the doubles down to 1 or two but this round was off the walls. I had 8 pars, 1 birdie, yes 7 bogeys but I usually get like 10 if not more, and 2 double bogeys which with the round I was having made me mad whereas in a normal round at the courses I normally play I'd be happy keeping it to just 2.

Also, this gave me a whole new world of confidence in swinging the club. Driver through putting. Only 1 bogey happened after that birdie.

I'd love some advice on how to approach the harder courses I play weekly now that (after 7 years) I have my first birdie under my belt.

Thanks guys!

Congrats!!! Onto the breaking 80 group now!!!

I would say you had a good round out there and congrats on that. I personally would not try and judge that and make any assumptions based off the par for the course you were playing on that day. I would say be proud of the progress and good round and focus on the good shots and keep it going. That's just me though and golf has its ups and downs for players at every skill level. Trying to figure out how it equates to playing a round at a different course or different par to me is just putting too much in your head and over thinking it. I have a huge problem with over thinking everything when it comes to golf and trust me that is not a good thing.

Congrats on the great round! On the harder courses you are referring to, course management if probably the key. Don't take unnecessary risks and try to avoid anything above bogey. Bogeys are going to happen with us all.

Congrats man! Sounds like a heck of a round.

Congrats.

congrats, hitting the ball well is always good!

Congrats on the nice round!!

Nice job!!!! Keep it up.

Congrats!

Well played! You're now hooked for life haha.

Congrats on the round! Little steps man. I feel like the biggest adjustment i had to make was just limiting mistakes and not taking chances. Either way - just enjoy the ride. Golf is a bunch of ups and downs and I've enjoyed it all.

Congrats on the great round.
Don't focus on comparing the course par to other courses.
Just keep practicing and getting better and most of all, have fun doing it !

Thanks guys!

Our collective obsession with round numbers (100, 90, 80, 70) is totally ridiculous but that doesn't mean it isn't a real "thing". Whatever the par of the course, if you've never broken one of those even numbers the pressure is very real.

Way to go! Keep at it, they say lightning doesn't strike twice but you never know when that next bolt from the blue round will hit and you'll be back here reporting a no double bogey round or one with five birdies ;-)

Way to go! Playing steady golf is fun!

Congrats! I'm a firm believer that a solid short game is the best way to score, so I would concentrate a good deal on those skills.

Back