Thoughts on orange whip?

I have a SKLZ that is sitting right by me - the complaints about it are the batteries - it apparently eats through batteries like hell.

Batteries?

I picked one up during a mega-clerance so it was super cheap. I just really use it for loosing up and stretching etc, not so much as a swing trainer.

Yes, gentlemen, you have to install batteries in the grip area/butt end of the club for the SKLZ to function.

Really? That is crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, gentlemen, you have to install batteries in the grip area/butt end of the club for the SKLZ to function.

what function do the batteries perform? It is just a swing trainer.

Batteries? The Sklz Gokd Flex I have dies not have batteries. Would be no purpose for them.

Weird they would have the same sort of name.

I found of all the Training aids I've used . The tour Striker smart ball is the only one that didn't end up on Ebay or somewhere FS. The Smart Ball trains pretty much everything / Power and accuracy

It does for both warming up and tempo/swing training. You swing it or else it will swing you. I usually get off to a great start for the first several holes until my armsy swing bites me back with a banana slice. Fighting it and the whip helps.

I have one and haven't used it in over a year. I feel like it added to my over swinging...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have one and haven't used it in over a year. I feel like it added to my over swinging...

That's surprising to me - at first glance. But, I have noticed that as I continued to use this, and as my swing mechanics have gotten better, I have been able to swing this much harder & faster.

I only use it to warm up before a round, & I haven't noticed any overswinging though.

That's surprising to me - at first glance. But, I have noticed that as I continued to use this, and as my swing mechanics have gotten better, I have been able to swing this much harder & faster.

I only use it to warm up before a round, & I haven't noticed any overswinging though.
Yeah I wasn't swinging well while using it. Might need to try it again now that my swing is getting back on track

I use mine before every round and every range session...I’ve tried to go without it and in my small sample size, I’ve noticed poorer scores. Needless to say, I like it a lot.

I think you have to be sure you’re using it correctly by watching the instructional videos but other than that, it’s a great tool!

I’ve been using mine lately to help warm up & stretch my lower back. Good stuff.

Amazon is selling the Skilz trainer 40” version for $37.00. I just ordered one. The OW is over $100.00 for basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Amazon is selling the Skilz trainer 40” version for $37.00. I just ordered one. The OW is over $100.00 for basically he same thing.

I found that the Skilz was not exactly the same. Less whippier, not as counter-balanced. But it is hard to justify the higher price! I eventually found an orange whip on sale & bit the bullet. I've been pretty happy with it. One thing I noticed is that after I started using it, I started to hit draws (especially with driver & FW woods). Before the OW, I could count on one hand the number of draws I hit.

Anyone use the Orange Whip wedge? It seems interesting and I'm curious to know how well it actually works for people who have used it.

Anyone use the Orange Whip wedge? It seems interesting and I'm curious to know how well it actually works for people who have used it.

No, but I just ordered a GForce wedge which seems to be a similar product (seems more popular in UK) so I’ll post my thoughts after I’ve used it for a while

Back