Thoughts on orange whip?

Just ordered the 44 inch version off of Amazon, should be here Friday. Got that one instead of the longer one so it will fit in my golf bag and be shorter than my driver. I hope this helps me keep the feel of a correct swing while I can't hit balls up here.

Just ordered the 44 inch version off of Amazon, should be here Friday. Got that one instead of the longer one so it will fit in my golf bag and be shorter than my driver. I hope this helps me keep the feel of a correct swing while I can't hit balls up here.

The OW are pretty heavy with the counter weighting. I thought about it but I probably wont be carrying it in my bag anyway because it would add significant weight.

The OW are pretty heavy with the counter weighting. I thought about it but I probably wont be carrying it in my bag anyway because it would add significant weight.

I won't carry it in my bag when I'm walking 18. I was thinking about having it in my bag for practice sessions as a warmup tool, or for rounds where I'm on a cart and I don't have to worry about the weight in my bag.

I'm getting scared about not being able to hit a ball at all until I get down to HHI for the Invitational, I have to do something to start getting my swing back in shape.

I won't carry it in my bag when I'm walking 18. I was thinking about having it in my bag for practice sessions as a warmup tool, or for rounds where I'm on a cart and I don't have to worry about the weight in my bag.

I'm getting scared about not being able to hit a ball at all until I get down to HHI for the Invitational, I have to do something to start getting my swing back in shape.

I hear you man. Just wanted to let you know because I was pretty surprised at how heavy it is. I have been outside swinging it and the momentus almost every night and freezing. Gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose. Ha

I hear you man. Just wanted to let you know because I was pretty surprised at how heavy it is. I have been outside swinging it and the momentus almost every night and freezing. Gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose. Ha

We have a deck off of our living room, and I was out there clearing snow the other day. I told my wife it was so that I didn't have to walk in the snow to get to the firewood out there. What I was really doing is clearing out a space where I could make practice swings.

Back to this device, I hope that it helps me stay on plane in my swing and sync up my arms and body better. I get very armsy/handsy in my swing and then my arms and body don't match up on the backswing, which leads to compensations on the downswing. I'm thinking the heavier weight of this device will help with that.

Orange Whip is a great product and here's why:

1) Weight and Counter weight help it swing smoothly
2) Flexible shaft makes it difficult to Cast or Swing Over the Top (it will throw you off balance)
3) Ingrains tempo and rhythm
4) Builds core swing strength
5) Warms you up
6) Well made product

If debating what size to get: I suggest buying the longest Orange Whip Trainer and choking down for shorter club practice.

Will be getting my OW at the end of this month for my bday. Looking forward to it.

Working on a swing change now with sequencing and keeping my back to the target longer to really start with the lower body. Doing this change with the orange whip helps with the rhythm in a new method for me.

I got the orange whip and try to use it regularly. Do most of you just swing it for a amount of time or do you actually do certain drills?

I got the orange whip and try to use it regularly. Do most of you just swing it for a amount of time or do you actually do certain drills?
I would call them drills, working on weight transfer or body sequencing while feeling the whip etc.

I would call them drills, working on weight transfer or body sequencing while feeling the whip etc.

is there like a certain youtube video that you got these drills from or online

There are several on youtube that are orange whip specific, I have just been doing normal drills I have seen in the past and then using the orange whip instead of a club to feel the whip with the drill such as this sequencing drill http://youtu.be/DZ492NPQx28 with the whip I don't pause at the top like he says, but I do consciously start with the lower body and try to keep the whip effect in front of impact (or beyond the point of impact).

I've had mine a couple of weeks now, does seem to be helping

Their official site has some good drills on it too.

I just bought one at a golf expo. Wanted something to help with warming up before a round. Many times rushing from work to my tee time I don't have time to hit balls and warmup at all. I can feel it stretching me out and helping with rhythm at the same time. I do full swing 3 x 20 reps, torso rotation 2 x 20, single arm forearm hinge 2 x 20 everyday. Hope to report back that is has helped my golf soon.

I just bought one at a golf expo. Wanted something to help with warming up before a round. Many times rushing from work to my tee time I don't have time to hit balls and warmup at all. I can feel it stretching me out and helping with rhythm at the same time. I do full swing 3 x 20 reps, torso rotation 2 x 20, single arm forearm hinge 2 x 20 everyday. Hope to report back that is has helped my golf soon.
Are those specific drills promoted by OW, elsewhere or something you came up with on your own? Where can I get more info?

I will own one of these by next week. I'm missing the feeling of lag this creates as well as helping to groove a good tempo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bought the skilz version for $55 on ebay.

I bought this one from Amazon last week. Other than being half the price, the SKLZ fits in my golf bag. The ball on the end of the outrage whip prevents that.

I bought this one from Amazon last week. Other than being half the price, the SKLZ fits in my golf bag. The ball on the end of the outrage whip prevents that.

Huh? I carry mine in my bag just fine.

Huh? I carry mine in my bag just fine.

To tell you the truth, I haven't actually tried it, but I an almost sure it wouldn't fit. I've got a bagboy revolver and the holes barely accept a midsize putter grip.

To tell you the truth, I haven't actually tried it, but I an almost sure it wouldn't fit. I've got a bagboy revolver and the holes barely accept a midsize putter grip.

Ahhh that's why. Fits in a 14 way divider as well as a 5 way just fine

Ahhh that's why. Fits in a 14 way divider as well as a 5 way just fine

I've got a 14 way divider and am happy to hear it will fit.

I've got a 14 way divider and am happy to hear it will fit.

I have mine stuffed in my bag with two alignment sticks. Love the orange whip for warming up. Lately I have to be careful letting people swing it. Everyone seems to love to hit the ground with the orange ball. It's turning into a green whip with all the grass stains on it.

Back