JustOnce

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone ever used one? I ordered one in hopes that I may have found a winner...One of my biggest problems is a casting of the club that leads to many fat shots or sweeping shots that don't have enough power...This seems as though it should assist in correcting that issue...

The Official Tour Striker Online Store - www.tourstrikershop.com

Anyone else ever heard of it or tried it? I'll post a review after I've had some time with it..

Best,

JO

I have grown out the "swing training equipment" phase of my golf life. My stance, grip, and swing are what they are. Some days are just better scoring days than others. :clapp:

This will be my first and I'm not looking for anything else (other then a net)...I've never really seen much that would entice me to buy...But I figured this was a good concept..It's a regular club so I can go to the range and not feel like a moron (except for when I'm rolling every shot on the ground thanks to my casting)...

Tourstriker

Tourstriker

When you start using it post what your feedback is, I'm interested in hearing how difficult it is to learn to use it over time if you initially can't get the ball in the air with the club.

The inventor Martin Chuck is a great teacher, I've seen a lot of his stuff on YouTube.

Very few golfers actually hit the ball with a forward leaning shaft. This tool will force you to do that.

Looking forward to a review on this one

Looking forward to a review on this one

I saw this item in the Golf Tips magazine. It looks like a decent training aid. I am looking forward to your review.

I used this around Thanksgiving when I was down in FLA. It definitely does what it is designed for. I am a pretty good iron player, but my weakness is the short game. I used Tourstrike for warmup and then for pitching. I was swinging a touch better after using it, but not entirely noticeable.

I left the training aid in FLA for my dad to try out. I think he needs it more than I do.

If you struggle with your irons and possibly flipping through the impact area, this is an easy training aid to correct your swing. I would recommend bringing a 6 iron with this club and alternate the 6 iron after you hit 3 good shots with the tour striker.

I went over the web site, and was really impressed with with the training video titled "How to consistently strike golf balls!!". That first person's impact position is pretty much what all 8-15 handicappers" impact positions with the ball looks like. I know I tend to impact the ball slightly fat like that first guy does with the divot starting under the ball. When I was playing better, my impact position was much more like the instructors, with the divot in front of the ball. jmo.......:D

I have grown out the "swing training equipment" phase of my golf life. My stance, grip, and swing are what they are. Some days are just better scoring days than others. :clapp:

You also said that you were once a scratch golfer...I reckon the road is different for everyone, but a mid cap moving up is different than an old hand who's happy maintaing what they have...

Any updates on this training aid? How is it working for everyone who has one?

I have ordered one of these and will do a review on my take of this product. I will put it to a full test and my wife will also use it. Hopefully we can share some interesting aspects of this device. It's design looks very interesting. After the past few months of hitting off sloppy, wet, and bare lies, I know my ball striking is no where near what it should be. Hopefully this device will get me back on track. I look forward to posting my take on this product soon. It will probaly take 4 - 5 days to arrive then I will hit the range. I love to hit shag balls so this will be fun for me.. More updates to come :D

I have ordered one of these and will do a review on my take of this product. I will put it to a full test and my wife will also use it. Hopefully we can share some interesting aspects of this device. It's design looks very interesting. After the past few months of hitting off sloppy, wet, and bare lies, I know my ball striking is no where near what it should be. Hopefully this device will get me back on track. I look forward to posting my take on this product soon. It will probaly take 4 - 5 days to arrive then I will hit the range. I love to hit shag balls so this will be fun for me.. More updates to come :D

I look forward to your review...this product has my eye

Any updates on this training aid?

Hi. I ordered a Tour Striker Pro today. Before I ordered, I had some questions so I found the inventor (Martin Chuck's) email and made my inquiries. A few hours later I had my answers. I placed my order and paid the extra $2.95 for expedited shipping. I received an email hours later telling me the club had been shipped. Same day shipping...nice! I hope the product is as good as the immediate service I received. I consider myself a pretty fair ball striker, and I don't like training devices much. I have only found one, which assisted me with swing path and plane, that I thought was worth the money. I am looking for a practice tool that will help keep my iron play crisp. I will let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP. Thanks for the input. You are in S. FL, you should look into our THP FL Golf Outing & Demo Day this fall.

I hope this works for you. Can't wait to read your review.

Hi. I ordered a Tour Striker Pro today. Before I ordered, I had some questions so I found the inventor (Martin Chuck's) email and made my inquiries. A few hours later I had my answers. I placed my order and paid the extra $2.95 for expedited shipping. I received an email hours later telling me the club had been shipped. Same day shipping...nice! I hope the product is as good as the immediate service I received. I consider myself a pretty fair ball striker, and I don't like training devices much. I have only found one, which assisted me with swing path and plane, that I thought was worth the money. I am looking for a practice tool that will help keep my iron play crisp. I will let you know how it turns out.

I think you will be pleasantly pleased if you work with this product. I played with just my driver, Tour Striker (mine is not Pro), wedges and putter and shot a very respectable score for nine holes. I plan on playing with it the rest of this week. It has helped me because I got into a bad habit of raising up out of my shots...... Good luck with yours but like any product you have to be willing to put in the sweat to make it work :eek:)...

Old Gray

Gray Golf said:
I think you will be pleasantly pleased if you work with this product. I played with just my driver, Tour Striker (mine is not Pro), wedges and putter and shot a very respectable score for nine holes. I plan on playing with it the rest of this week. It has helped me because I got into a bad habit of raising up out of my shots...... Good luck with yours but like any product you have to be willing to put in the sweat to make it work :eek:)...

Old Gray
Is that made by cobra? Perhaps you could take the same approach to the thp outing!

OK, some of you want feedback on the Tour Striker so here it goes:

When I thought about the purchase, I debated between the Tour Striker and the Tour Striker Pro. The Tour Striker Pro is intended for better players in the single digit handicap range. Playing to an 8.8 handicap, I fall just inside the line for selecting the Tour Striker Pro, so that is what I did.

When I first saw the Tour Striker Pro which is a a 7 iron, it was a little intimidating. The hitting surface of the club is only the sweet spot, which is about as high as a fifty-cent piece, and about one and one-half times as wide. Not much room for error. I play a combo set of clubs where the 7 iron is a blade, but I could see that the Tour Striker 7 iron has a much smaller hitting surface than mine by two thirds. It is also evident from just one look that the concept of the club is to instill a ball strike that provides compression to the golf ball by hitting down on the ball. There is no other way to hit the Tour Striker Pro successfully.

I went to th range during off hours so I could be alone to concentrate. I also didn’t want to look like an idiot if everything went wrong. I can tell you now that unless you are a pure ball striker, you should be prepared for a bit of a rude awakening. The first ten shots I hit were toppers, grounders, and worm burners! All right, I thought, let me concentrate. Five additional worm burners later I realized that my swing was not all that I thought it was. Even my blades have been forgiving enough to allow for a bit of flippyness.

The next few shots were more encouraging, I began to get the ball airborne. Then I realized something else. I am not sure if it was because I was anxious to look at the results, or if it is a constant flaw in my swing, but I noticed that I was coming out of some of the shots, and when I did, I would hit the ball with the bottom of the club causing more grounders. With a full club face I might be able to get away with this flaw, but not with the Tour Striker Pro.

Determined, and armed with all of this information, I attempted to truly apply the concept that the Tour Striker demands to hit good shots. All of a sudden a few nice shots began to emerge. I noticed that in order to hit these shots well, not only did I need to stay in the shot longer and hit down with the sweet spot’s leading edge, I also had to strengthen my grip. Concentrating on creating lag and achieving a forward press at impact was the key.

As my shots began to take better shape, I also noticed that they were going considerably farther than my normal 7 iron. There was a slight breeze, but when I was hitting the ball well, it was traveling at least fifteen yards longer. No kidding. It remains to be seen if this transfers over to my regular clubs after more work with the Tour Striker. Finally, my shots were mostly draws, which is my normal shot shape. However, some of the shots resulted in hooks.

I finished my first bucket with the Tour Striker Pro encouraged that I was able to get the ball in the air, and that I hit a number of really nice shots. I would say that from a 70 ball bucket I hit about 20 grounders, 30 really nice shots, and the rest were so-so. The first session left me with the feeling that the Tour Striker Pro can really lead to some real improvement. I am looking forward to getting back on the range for more practice, and I have decided to work only with the Tour Striker Pro for the next few sessions.

If anyone wants more feedback I can keep you up to date on my progress.

Awesome info ironman. Ive got the site for the tour striker saved as Ive toiled about getting one for a few weeks now. I know this is something I dont do, hitting down on the ball and Im sure I could use some help. Thanks for the write up. Did you have any trouble going back to your normal irons afterwords?

Thanks for the updates! I have been toying with the idea of buying one of these. Please keep the updates coming. I hope it works for ya!

great review ironman! how bout you load that tourstriker up and bring it to pganational for the fall outing?

Thanks for the write up ironman, I'm sure I'd be in for quite a rude awakening using this thing too! Keep up the practice and keep us up to date!

Back