Zepp 1 & 2 Swing Analyzers Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This was a real solid review. Ive always been skeptical of the devices that attach to the glove and not the club but James does a great job of explaining the functionality of both units and the data from it is really cool. The Smart Coach thing is really neat too. Well done James

I've owned the Zepp 1 for a while. It does a good job on swing plane for me. It's accurate for me and allows me to use it indoors in the winter to help train my swing.
Good review James, pretty much nailed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solid review James. This system has always interested me as someone who has a lot of time to practice the swing outside at my house, but might not be able to hit balls at the same time. Might look into it.

A very thorough review James. These types of devices are intriguing. If I was in store and saw it went on the hand and not the club I would be totally skeptical. After reading this review I see that its pretty good at what it does. Great job!

As always a good review, and answered the question on where it fits into my total swing evaluation.

Thank you for reading and the comments all.

This one tested me in terms of depth and it was pretty cool to see the evolution of the product from V1 to V2

great job james. are the 3D visuals only available in face on representation? how does it know what your hips are doing?

I'm surprised by that price point. much lower than I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tested something similar for baseball and it was very good. I like this and think it could help me.

This is a hard ponder for me, thanks for the review, it really helps!

I own the Zepp2 and have found that it helps me mostly in getting my tempo in a better place as I have a tendency to go back fast and come down quick as well. Learning to try to get to 3:1 ratio is eye opening as it has dramatically improved my accuracy and ball striking. The Zepp loads the data immediately after the swing and gives instant feedback which makes a good swing both visual (by seeing it) and conceptual with the data. Pretty soon, the ball strikes become predictable, but more obviously, you understand what goes wrong when the bad shots happen...

Just for me, makes improvement much more intuitive.

I own the 1 version and I've been quite happy with it. I haven't used it much recently but I did pull it out today and took 30swings in my backyard with my driver. I do really need to use it more but it does show progress with my swing. My swing plane is only a couple of degrees now, which coordinates to my slight fade I've developed recently as a opposed to the slice it was a couple of months ago.

The new firmware update on the first one seems to work better as well. I don't appear to have to calibrate it nearly as often. If the swing speed is relatively accurate, I also seem to have picked up a couple of mph on my driver speed. The only thing I question is that is has my swing plane at 290 degrees consistently versus the 270 recommended. The playback of the motion doesn't show that I am going past parallel and I don't feel like I'm going past parallel so I'm not sure where the extra 20 degrees is coming from in the reading unless it has to do with my setup position. i'm not as concerned about that number as the swing and hand plane but it does seem curious.

On a side note, I like the fact it is on the back of my hand. I purchased and tried a swingbyte 2 and the clip on it broke within 2 hours of owning it since I went straight to the driving range to try it out. I ended up returning it immediately so the Zepp seems like the thing for me.

great job james. are the 3D visuals only available in face on representation? how does it know what your hips are doing?

I'm surprised by that price point. much lower than I would have thought.

I can't speak for how accurate it is but it give the hip reading and measures your turn if you have your phone in your front pocket. It may work in the back as well but I imgine the front pocket is better and that is where I normally carry my cell phone.

I can't speak for how accurate it is but it give the hip reading and measures your turn if you have your phone in your front pocket. It may work in the back as well but I imgine the front pocket is better and that is where I normally carry my cell phone.

that makes sense thanks

Nice review and well written.

Anyone still using this? Just got mine back out last night. Hoping for more consistency.

Anyone still using this? Just got mine back out last night. Hoping for more consistency.

I use the Zepp 2 on the range. I refer more to the tempo, backswing position and clubhead speed, and to the lesser extent, the hand plane comparison. Since you have to change club settings for each different one used, it would be a pain on the course. I have Arccos Gen1 on my clubs for the course.

It’s nice when I’m trying different shot shapes, to get more input. Then again, I’m a semi-retired statistician, so I’m a numbers geek.

I have had Zepp 2 for about a year. The 3D swing analysis is quite good, and you can view from many angles. The biggest thing I use it for is trying to get my somewhat over the top swing to be an on plane swing. Superb for this. It seems very accurate overall, but the club head swing speed seems to be off as I get to longer clubs like woods and driver. I give it a total thumbs up. very easy to set up and use. Also has a video and training tip function that I have not even used yet. If you have an doubts, I say ignore them and buy the product.

Back