Practice balls (foam, whiffle, etc) do they help to improve?

Rodilroy

Reaction score
Hello! New here, from Uruguay (certainly not a golfer community!)
Long story short, golf is really expensive here and I was looking for alternatives to practice it. I came across the practice balls and got some birdieballs and almost golf balls. I want to know your experiences with this type of balls and want to know your opinions on whether they help you with ball contact. I am a beginner who still struggles with fat and thin shots.

I also have Callaway XH foam balls but I found them too light. I am currently waiting for the other two brands to arrive!

they will help with making proper contact, IF you know what proper contact is

I like the Almost balls, but I wouldn't be smashing those indoors at windows, those heavy foam dimpled balls will be fine for that

There is a article for you,this is about practice golf balls,I think, this article helpful for you. This article are here

Thank you.

I've used the almost golf balls, and I really enjoy them. The feedback tells me when I make good contact. I have a yard large enough where I can hit my driver, they even help me know when I hit my dreaded slice. I could adjust my swing to help reduce/eliminate the slice, and I saw positive results on the course. For irons/wedges they will help you get good contact. I hit the almost balls probably 120-130 with my driver, which is about half what I normally hit a real ball. I've used them, and like them, but think they are still a little pricy.

I have a stash of birdieballs. They'll work fine as well and will indicate good/poor contact. If you can, work directly off the ground rather than a mat and find some way to mark a line (paint, lime, chalk, etc). Place your BB in front of the line and work on striking the BB without hitting the line. If you hit the BB thin you'll get a low knuckler, otherwise it'll give you a good flight and will show draw/fade flight as well.

I have a few foam balls I will use occasionally in my basement for chipping. Only focused on making good contact and hitting the right area of the face. Wish my yard was suitable for birdieballs but the only flat area is close to our house, can't risk it!

I have a few foam balls I will use occasionally in my basement for chipping. Only focused on making good contact and hitting the right area of the face. Wish my yard was suitable for birdieballs but the only flat area is close to our house, can't risk it!

Seems like the perfect opportunity to practice ball striking from uneven lies ;)

Seems like the perfect opportunity to practice ball striking from uneven lies ;)

Very very true, but it's more fun to practice with a perfect lie and flat ground. :cool:

Back