I'm giving SuperSpeed Golf trainer a try!

Finally warming up in the Boston area. Getting to test out my new found speed on the course this Sunday. We will see if faster helps me out at all. The course is only 6002 yards so driver really isn’t needed. It will be cold and wet so additional carry distance will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am finally starting to push the left side a little higher. My red and blue averages are starting to creep up and my right side step drills are moving up as well. I am hovering between 11 and 12% gains so far and I believe that as the blue and particularly the red start moving up, my overall average will break to the next gain level. New high on the speed woosh of 149 Mph (up from 148...hoping to crack 150 Mph in the next two sessions). I am starting to swing the green in the high 120s and low 130s pretty consistently (with a recent high of 137 Mph) so I know it is just a matter of sticking to the program and I can foresee another breakout.

I plan to play golf for the first time this year on Sunday. It will be in the low to mid 60s so that will prove an interesting gauge as to how I am doing on the program where it matters...on the course.

One thing that I started doing that makes a big difference in the program is stretching really well especially if you are middle age or higher. I went to Lowes and picked up a twelve foot extension pool in the cleaning supply section. It is a telescopic pole and works really well as a stretching pole (and beats paying $87 on Amazon for a golf stretching pole). I by nature am not very flexible and have had back and shoulder issues over the years (mainly from my days playing independent baseball as a catcher) . Since I started using the stretching pole about a half an hour per day I feel great. Importantly, I stretch the lower back in golf turns, shoulders, ribs, lats, traps and shoulder blades in addition to the upper and lower back, as well as stretching my wrists. I have also added some neck stretches as well and I stretch the legs out pretty good to. The stretching routine is really making it easier to swing more relaxed (with less recovery time after doing the protocols) and I think it has helped me improve my release as well. You can find a lot of golf stretches with a stretching pole on Youtube as well as a lot of other generalized upper body stretches with the stretching pole. Since swinging relaxed is a big key to making gains with this program, I highly recommend embarking on a program to become more flexible.

I am also finding that through the program and stretching my level of upper body muscle pain (back and shoulders) in general is really starting to decrease.

Kaos

Last edited:
Best session so far. I hit 100 Mph on 6-iron and was consistently in the 95-98 range as measured on my SCS200. I also broke 131 Mph ball speed with 6-iron several times (new highs). I hit a new average high of 131 Mph on the green stick. All but one swing were in the 130-132 Mph range (first time for that). The blue was at my previous blue high average of 126 Mph. I also hit a 13% increase on the step drills up from previous high of 12% gains from where I started last year. New high on combined average swings for all three clubs was 125.75 Mph. This is just about 12.5% gains from where I started. While .5% does not sound like much, I was happy with it especially with the gains I have gotten so far.

I also finally broke out nicely to the upside on both the normal and step drill left-handed swings hitting new highs on all three clubs, as well as averages.

I think my new goal of 13-14% gains is looking more and more doable.

I plan to get some driver numbers on the range tomorrow before I play. This should give me so great feedback as to how I am actually doing with driver and ball. Hopefully, the wind and ground conditions will allow me some good drives that I can actually walk off the distances with my Sky Caddie.

The new stretching program is really starting to help!

Kaos

Last edited:
What a day! First, I was carrying around some heavy bags for my wife this morning and ended up with some mild upper back spasms before I went to the course. I managed to get fairly loose and started hitting some balls on the range. All of a sudden I hooked 4 or 5 6-iron shots in a row and was thinking "wow, I never hook iron shots...what is going on?!". The next shot with 6-iron, the KBS Tour 90 shaft broke inside the grip (now I'm P.O.'d). So, now I have to play a round without 6-iron on a course where I typically need it 4 to 5 times. I tried to get over it and started hitting some 3-woods. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at hitting 104-108 Mph on 3-wood. On the range, into the wind, it was carrying just short of the 250 marker (estimating 230-240 carry by sight and confirmed with the SC200 and SC300). About that time my back started acting up again, but I went on. I hit some drives and was in the 110-114 Mph range on the SC200 on most of the drives (low 107 and high 114). I figured, given my back spasms, that wasn't too bad. Now comes actual.... Conditions were winds about 10 Mph, low 60s and the ground was soft to medium.

My observations on the course were interesting. I noticed 3-wood was really up. I hit one 3-wood drive on a straight 297 par 4 (playing at the marker) and ended about 20-25 yards of pin high just to the left of the green. I worked it out (as I did not mark it on my Sky Caddie) that it was about 265 +/- about 5 yards. I had another shot on a par 5 (after hitting a soft draw with driver that measured 283) where I was 235 out and I hit 3-wood from the deck. I pulled it slightly left and measured it at 247 (just off the green left and a little long). My buddy made a comment on that 3-wood by saying that it was "long", as in impressed. I noticed my irons (the crisp ones) seemed to be about 5-10 yards longer than last year. I hit one 5-iron on a hole that was playing 180 into the wind. It dropped in about 192 center back of the green. Now for driver. On the range, (and into the wind - spasms and all), I hit a few into the pine trees that are about 260-265 from the box. I hit a couple of trees 1/3 to about 1/2 the way up the tree. The SC200 reported carries on the shots in the low 280s (confirmed by the SC300, as I was using both). On the course I was hitting driver really straight or a nice easy draw. The few I hit the sweet spot on were in the mid 280s (total as marked off by my Sky Caddie and I could not tell how much roll I got). I did not really "miss-hit" any drives, but I missed the sweet spot slightly above or just below on a number of them (first time out this year :) ). Those were definitely longer than last year when such shots were in the 250-260 range. Today, the same "misses" were in the 260-270+ (some were into the wind). Worst drive was straight, off the bottom of the face about 245 into the wind.

All-in-all, given the wife induce back spasms, I thought the initial test was fairly successful. I did not set any records with driver, but I did with 3-wood. I am sure the strike efficiency will improve as the weather gets better and I can get to the range a little more often. I also expect that as the weather warms and the ground gets a little harder that my distances will increase a fraction. And then there is having to replace the 6-iron KBS Tour 90 shaft...grrrr!

Kaos

Last edited:
After taking a break due to the back spasms noted in the prior post and missing a week due to other obligations, I resumed my program after about an 11 day break.

I posted the best day yet. I hit a new high for all combined regular swings (combining average of green, blue and red) at 126.83 Mph. That is 1.13 Mph better than the previous combined high of the last session. I also hit a new high on the average blue swings of 126.33 and better yet, I hit a new high average of 121.33 Mph with the red (first time I have broken 120 Mph on average). I also hit new high on red of 123 Mph. I finally hit a 13% increase for the first time today on combined regular swings (previous was 12.5%). My step drills are really coming along nicely. I surprised myself and hit a new high increase from where I started of 14.26%. So now I have hit my new targets and will continue to push on from here.

My left side is progressing nicely as well. Highlight here was hitting 119 Mph with the red stick!

I honestly am beginning to think I can hit 15%. As I am starting to break 130+ pretty often on the green and the blue is starting to hit the mid to high 120's along with the red starting to make it in the low 120s more often. I just love this program and it is encouraging to see results.

BTW, if you have been doing this program from 6-8 weeks, I recommend taking a little break (and so does SSG), especially if you are 45+ years old. Gains should be permanent by this point and after a break of from 5-7 days your body will probably feel better and when you resume, you may be pleasantly surprised at your progress.

Kaos

Last edited:
I hit a new high of 150 Mph on the Speed Woosh in today's session and hit new highs on the step drill with the green of 134 Mph. Although I was dealing with a little soreness in my upper back, I still managed to hit previous highs in total averages for the regular swings of 12.5%, a little under highs from last session, but that is to be expected, that is, hitting new highs and then backing down a little in the next session or two. I was near 14% gains on my step drills, just below new highs from last session. Encouraging part was that I averaged better than 120 Mph on the red regular swings for the second session in a row.

From my round yesterday, I didn't really have anything spectacular to report as it was really windy and it seemed like all the holes where I was hitting driver were either into the wind or into a cross wind so I could not get an accurate gauge. The one bright spot again was with 3-wood. I manged to hit the green of a par 3 playing 235 yards pin high into the wind, which I could never have done before the SSG program. The one hole with driver that was encouraging was playing considerably up hill across a deep gully that required a carry of 250 yards to get over. The hole was playing into the firm cross wind. I managed to carry the gully with 15 or 20 yards to spare.

I play at sea level so my drive numbers are pretty true. However, the real test will be starting this weekend in Myrtle Beach. We have 14 rounds of golf scheduled (playing below sea level). We will see if the hard work pays off there under windy conditions, elevated greens and less carry due to being below sea level.

Kaos

Last edited:
Latest Update... All distances were measured with the Sky Caddie Touch.

I did 14 weeks this year and have intentionally stopped (its been about 2 months) after that to gauge whether the gains would hold. I played today and the results were pretty good. First, I hit the longest 3-wood I have ever hit in my life from the deck of on a long straight 550 yard par 5. I pushed my drive out to the right (about 260 yards) and was 290 yards out. I hit 3-wood an impressive 270 yards! Typically, off the tee I carry it 235-240 yards and with roll I end up in the 250-260 range. On the course with driver, the conditions were pretty good with it being sunny and a light wind. The one perfect drive I had (meaning total sweet spot) was 295 yards at sea level. I had 5 others where I missed the sweet spot by a hair (I can tell by whether I feel the ball hit the face - total sweet spot strikes I do not feel the contact). Interestingly, two of these were into about a 6-8 Mph wind. Those drives all were in the 283-287 yard range. Not bad for 54 years old at sea level. I had several others that were in the 271-278 yard range (all slight misses, but pretty good drives). This was in route to a +5 77 from about 6500 yards (my middle irons were a little off, short game was great, and putting was a little off as I missed 3 of 4 make-able birdie putts). I think I only had two bad drivers: one was a long hook through the trees into the next fairway and the other I pushed right into the tree line.

Although my total doable distance has not really changed (before starting the program) as I could occasionally hit it 290+ yards, I was never able to get more than 1 or 2 drives a round more than 280+ yards (and sometimes I would not hit that for 2 or 3 rounds). My ability to hit these distances happens multiple times per round now (assuming of course I am hitting driver well that day). So my swing speed is much more consistent now and is more consistently in the 110-114 Mph range now. Before the program, my average good strikes (good to perfect) were in the 273-280 yard range. Now the good strikes average in the 283-295 yard range. The average gains are 1-1.5 clubs better meaning I am hitting more 7-9 irons into greens.

Kaos

at a driver fitting in November and February I was averaging about 107-108 with the driver... bought the SuperSpeed and really only trained with it for about 6 weeks in late march.

I felt I was swinging faster and noticed longer drives than normal, but I thought it was mainly b/c I was able to optimize launch and lower spin

after my past driver fitting my avg SS was 112!! definitely got me excited and cant wait to actually go through the whole protocol this time around. I do think the opposite hand swings are what helped the most

Took me long enough but I just ordered one of these from Budget Golf. I'm curious to see the results.

Started with this today. My left handed swings are not fast.

Started with this today. My left handed swings are not fast.

Neither were mine, and super awkward to start, but they will improve quite a bit.

Nice! Mine arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to following your progress.
I picked up a set on eBay for $150. We'll see how things go. I don't have the radar. I am more interested in the sequence improvement aspect of this system more so than gaining speed. I mean, I would take a speed increase, but that's not my main goal. Plus, I need something golf related to keep me sane during the winter months.

I picked up a set on eBay for $150. We'll see how things go. I don't have the radar. I am more interested in the sequence improvement aspect of this system more so than gaining speed. I mean, I would take a speed increase, but that's not my main goal. Plus, I need something golf related to keep me sane during the winter months.

Haha, you don't need more speed...

All this discussion made me decide to try out the system before heading to the Distance Bash. I had already been working out more and working on flexibility/stretching exercise which delivered some positive results. Swing speed already jumped 3 mph just from that work. This should help me get back above 112 mph if it works.

Unfortunately, I have already spent enough money this year and since the wife is already pretty annoyed with the influx of new golf stuff, decided to get back to my roots and just build up a set. Got the working prototypes built up to fit in my old shaft out of of my EF SZ with the Optifit hosel. Was able to get one to 236g and the next one at 284g. Still need to build out the third. Yeah, I'll have to take the weight off and on each time but shouldn't be that big of a deal. So far I'm in for about 18 bucks.

I'll post some pictures of the finished product once I finish off the larger weight.

All this discussion made me decide to try out the system before heading to the Distance Bash. I had already been working out more and working on flexibility/stretching exercise which delivered some positive results. Swing speed already jumped 3 mph just from that work. This should help me get back above 112 mph if it works.

Unfortunately, I have already spent enough money this year and since the wife is already pretty annoyed with the influx of new golf stuff, decided to get back to my roots and just build up a set. Got the working prototypes built up to fit in my old shaft out of of my EF SZ with the Optifit hosel. Was able to get one to 236g and the next one at 284g. Still need to build out the third. Yeah, I'll have to take the weight off and on each time but shouldn't be that big of a deal. So far I'm in for about 18 bucks.

I'll post some pictures of the finished product once I finish off the larger weight.
I’ve been contemplating the overspeed training as well before we meet up for the Distance Bash, don’t tempt me!

OK, since you are all jumping in, I will too. Been a ponder for a while, and I need something to pass the time this winter as well.

Prototype weights done to fit into my spare shaft. Give an a try outdoors later today. This is setup to be exactly 5% over my current driver weight ( 347 g ) in the red, 10% under in the blue, and 20% under in the black.

574e67bb5653fd0f941efb1111a2aa3c.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Mine came early yesterday! I didn't start the program, but I swung them a bit. And then last night before bed, I watched two Crossfield videos where they are testing out the new, competitive product. In just one month, both testers saw pretty significant gains (I'm hoping for just 5 mph increase). Mr. 262 may just become Mr. 277.

Mine came early yesterday! I didn't start the program, but I swung them a bit. And then last night before bed, I watched two Crossfield videos where they are testing out the new, competitive product. In just one month, both testers saw pretty significant gains (I'm hoping for just 5 mph increase). Mr. 262 may just become Mr. 277.
Haha, I watched that same video last night. Mine are being delivered today. I don't have a radar, so I won't really be able to measure increases. But, I think I would get a good sense of swinging a bit faster if I am.

I know there has been some variations done from their protocol. Has anyone found a sweet spot that seems to yield better results? Or, just sticking to the protocol is the best way to go about it?

Haha, I watched that same video last night. Mine are being delivered today. I don't have a radar, so I won't really be able to measure increases. But, I think I would get a good sense of swinging a bit faster if I am.

I know there has been some variations done from their protocol. Has anyone found a sweet spot that seems to yield better results? Or, just sticking to the protocol is the best way to go about it?

I haven't done the entire protocol. Ive only done extra reps on the introductory phase with the 3 sticks left and right handed, and the step swings both ways. Ive done an extra set than recommended. My final set of normal swings with the lightest weight I dont hold back!! Swing out of my shoes but as controlled as possible.

I did this 8 months ago and have kept the extra 4mph club head speed all year

I ordered a different brand to try out. They will be here Saturday. Being that I’ve only been playing less then a year I think it will help me improve quite a bit. Of course I’ve also gotten back into working out so it may be hard to tell what is benefiting the most. I did notice improved distances on all clubs after just one month of working out. Mind you I’m not young so strength and flexibility increases can go a long way.

Superspeed is on sale at Rockbottomgolf for $160 (with the 2020 code).

Watched the same ones. I'd be happy with gaining 5 or 6 mph. I've been able to add 2-3 mph just be stretching and workign out twitch muscles for the last 3 weeks. Adding the speed training I am hoping will add that extra by end of February.

Back