2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

• Northern California

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Central California

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Southern California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The nice thing about California is that there is usually somewhere to play all year long. I am still game to get that trophy back. I know we kind of talked about going back to Pismo which is cool, but I can travel anywhere if it helps us get a few people to show up. Even if we have to do this one on one Greg. I know I tend to reach for the stars for this outing attendance wise, so I will temper my aspirations for a huge turn out and take whatever we can get. What’s everyone else say? Any interest in keeping this going? We got nine months to work with, should be able to come up with something right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nice thing about California is that there is usually somewhere to play all year long. I am still game to get that trophy back. I know we kind of talked about going back to Pismo which is cool, but I can travel anywhere if it helps us get a few people to show up. Even if we have to do this one on one Greg. I know I tend to reach for the stars for this outing attendance wise, so I will temper my aspirations for a huge turn out and take whatever we can get. What’s everyone else say? Any interest in keeping this going? We got nine months to work with, should be able to come up with something right?

I still say Fresno and bbq at Tim's house. :D

I think another Fall event would work best for me.

I am always game to go play some golf and if Jocko's is a possibility that makes it a must.

Jocko's has changed a bit. I think they're trying to bring themselves into the 2000s and not so much like it's 1985 any longer. Still pretty much the same atmosphere but menu has higher prices and a more upscale wine selection. It almost felt like you were "stealing" eating there before - based on what you got for the price. It's still a really great place but you don't quite have that feeling like you got away with something.

I'm up for a California Classic duel sometime in the fall, hopefully mid-September to mid-October.

Jocko's, even the new "upscale" version, sounds good to me almost any weekend outside of the holidays .

Fall would work better for me too. Looking forward to it!

We can skinny dip in the pool too.

Hahahahahaa!!!

Sssshhhhh! Secrets!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My fellow NorCal/SoCal competitors: It’s been too long. I’m so sorry I’ve been MIA last few months.
Unfortunately, I can’t participate in this year’s gathering and I’m torn by it. Since this unofficial thing started, I’ve participated and looked forward to it every time.
Not to throw a pity party but financially, I can’t do it this year. I’ve been jobless since January and it’s been a very tough go at it.. in life. The worst I’ve ever been through. Even in the brink of selling my golf clubs.
But you should continue this unofficial tradition going because it’s one of life’s highlight (as for me).
I’m sorry I can’t be there but I’ll be there in spirits. I’ll make sure my buddy Ian goes since he was the MVP on the last one.
Have a great time, whenever and wherever you guys play! Keep that trophy in South, ya?

My fellow NorCal/SoCal competitors: It’s been too long. I’m so sorry I’ve been MIA last few months.
Unfortunately, I can’t participate in this year’s gathering and I’m torn by it. Since this unofficial thing started, I’ve participated and looked forward to it every time.
Not to throw a pity party but financially, I can’t do it this year. I’ve been jobless since January and it’s been a very tough go at it.. in life. The worst I’ve ever been through. Even in the brink of selling my golf clubs.
But you should continue this unofficial tradition going because it’s one of life’s highlight (as for me).
I’m sorry I can’t be there but I’ll be there in spirits. I’ll make sure my buddy Ian goes since he was the MVP on the last one.
Have a great time, whenever and wherever you guys play! Keep that trophy in South, ya?

If this thing happens, I've got your greens fees and if you can swing lefthanded you can borrow my backups. Gotta check with my wife before I offer you the guest room, but that can be under negotiation as well. Event isn't an event without you buddy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Won-if you would still like to be a part of this, we'll make it happen. Don't sweat the details. Just let us know down the line once we have this lined up.

If this thing happens, I've got your greens fees and if you can swing lefthanded you can borrow my backups. Gotta check with my wife before I offer you the guest room, but that can be under negotiation as well. Event isn't an event without you buddy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And I've got your tab at Jockos, Won. We need all the former captains there to defend this year!

You guys are awesome for what you're doing for Won. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling homie. A lot of us have struggled like that as well. in 2013 my employer of ten years handed me a cardboard box and said see ya. This is such a great group of guys and great event. It won't be the same without him so let's make it happen for Won. I'm down to kick in some $$ or clubs if need be and I know there's a bunch of guys who feel the same.

I'm super down for the Pismo Beach/SLO/Buellton area. I loved La Purisima (and Lizard's Mouth) but didn't get to play the second course so I wouldn't mind checking that one out. So count me in on whatever is decided.

Jocko's has changed a bit. I think they're trying to bring themselves into the 2000s and not so much like it's 1985 any longer. Still pretty much the same atmosphere but menu has higher prices and a more upscale wine selection. It almost felt like you were "stealing" eating there before - based on what you got for the price. It's still a really great place but you don't quite have that feeling like you got away with something.

I'm up for a California Classic duel sometime in the fall, hopefully mid-September to mid-October.

So no chicks in the bar area with baby seats on the table? What a gyp!

You can stay with me if we bring it back to the central coast. I’ve got a room open and enough baby toys to keep us occupied for an eternity.

Sorry to hear about the work situation. Sucks. But on the plus side you are a good dude and will land on your feet.

I guess it's time for me to fess up that I won't be a SoCal resident when this event takes place. My wife and I are moving to Phoenix in three weeks.

I still want to play for SoCal if allowed...

However, I am more concerned about the chain of custody on the trophy!

SoCal squad, anyone up for a weekend round between now and 4/21? I'd like to make sure the trophy stays in good hands. I'm willing to drive a ways if need be.

I guess it's time for me to fess up that I won't be a SoCal resident when this event takes place. My wife and I are moving to Phoenix in three weeks.

SoCal squad, anyone up for a weekend round between now and 4/21? I'd like to make sure the trophy stays in good hands. I'm willing to drive a ways if need be.

Of course you're allowed to play for SoCal. Winning captains get a lifetime exemption (losing participants also get that same exemption). PHX has direct flights to santa barbara and san luis obispo so you'll only be a short plane ride away.

How far north are you willing to drive? A Sunday in Ventura or Simi Valley might be doable for me.

Of course you're allowed to play for SoCal. Winning captains get a lifetime exemption (losing participants also get that same exemption). PHX has direct flights to santa barbara and san luis obispo so you'll only be a short plane ride away.

How far north are you willing to drive? A Sunday in Ventura or Simi Valley might be doable for me.

A Sunday in Ventura/Simi Valley sounds great. If we can rope in @Wonton or @pmm or @mike27t, even better. (Hope I'm not forgetting anyone up that way)

Best of luck to you and your family Greg!

A Sunday in Ventura/Simi Valley sounds great. If we can rope in @Wonton or @pmm or @mike27t, even better. (Hope I'm not forgetting anyone up that way)

Keep me updated on this. I would like to meet up for a weekend round.

Back