2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

2019 5th Annual California Classic (Unofficial)

• Northern California

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Central California

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Southern California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wonton

Sphincter says what?
Reaction score
Handicap
# Ish
4090545274e7b1340ded8195552e968c.jpg

Hello again, fine peeps of California! Welcome to the 5th Annual California Classic Unofficial Thread!

We are keeping this fun tradition going! (Don't forget, this is an unofficial event. THP's official events will always triumph this one!)

All of the info and chatter will be in this thread so please, don't be shy to share your thoughts.

Anyone can join us! A scratch player to a weekend Hacker; whatever your skill set is, you can be part of this! Remember this is all for FUN and the Enjoyment of each other's company. BUT there's a Team Trophy! (Creation by our own: Schanker)

Will Team SoCal defend the title or will Team NorCal take it back?
39d4df6190319707a2b34efa3e7db073.jpg

Now, for those of you outside of California and don't care for this North vs. South rivalry... don't despair. You can play for whom ever you want as long as it's evenly numbered when the outing is around the corner.

Each day will have Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive competitions. Usually the winners get prizes (small things like a sleeve of balls, hats, ball marker, etc. Any donations to contribute to prizes are always appreciated)

Team Captains will match-up players accordingly to our Handicaps (you don't need an Official Handicap Rating. A general idea of what your's be!)
Here's a FREE Handicap Tracker. It's a good one!
https://www.thegrint.com/

Courses: La Purisima (Lompoc, CA) & Monarch Dunes (Nipomo, CA)
When: Unknown

Team NorCal
Captain: TBA
Assistant Captain: TBA
Players: mancest, SlightDraw, Breaking 79, time4tim, J-Pin, DufferToo

Team SoCal
Captain: ken_h
Assistant Captain: Mike27t
Players: Wonton, iCorso, Sourmash, TheHeez

***Subject to change depends on players' schedules***

Last edited:
I will *again* try my best to finally make a Nor Cal v. So Cal / Regional Rivalry outing. I'm always missing out on the fun

2018 Captain Sourmash, if you can PM me the updated picture of the trophy, I'd appreciate it! Of course, whenever you can. No rush.

Looking forward to the next one. With it tied now 2-2, this one will be to regain the lead.

For those of you curious about the results from the 4th Classic. The South had 208 and North had 169, with the agreed upon scoring (top 5 from each team). It was very close if you just took the average of both teams. 31.2 South vs 30.2 North.

Santa Barbara, Schanker’s backyard is a good spot. A little closer for the Nor Cal Guys. Team Captain Tim Schanker sounds good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santa Barbara, Schanker’s backyard is a good spot. A little closer for the Nor Cal Guys. Team Captain Tim Schanker sounds good too.

No offence to Tim, but we should give another player a chance to become the Captain since he was one before.

Captains of the past
1st year: Schanker & TheHeez
2nd year: Wonton & Mancest
3rd year: Kevin81002 & Time4tim
4th year: Sourmash & mr.hicksta

also for the specific courses, when exactly and new captains polls will be created as this goes along.

How bout Fresno. Rooms have to be dirt cheap. :D

No offence to Tim, but we should give another player a chance to become the Captain since he was one before.

Captains of the past
1st year: Schanker & TheHeez
2nd year: Wonton & Mancest
3rd year: Kevin81002 & Time4tim
4th year: Sourmash & mr.hicksta

also for the specific courses, when exactly and new captains polls will be created as this goes along.

I agree, we need a new captain every year.

I would go back to Pismo/Nipomo. Hit up La Purisma the first day and finish it at Monarch Dunes with a saturday night pit stop at jocko's. We had our biggest/most even turnout for that event.

I agree, we need a new captain every year.

Don't get me wrong, Tim. You were a great Captain (as others were; minus me) and continues to be a big part of this but yeah, having new Captains every year is fun and fair.

I would go back to Pismo/Nipomo. Hit up La Purisma the first day and finish it at Monarch Dunes with a saturday night pit stop at jocko's. We had our biggest/most even turnout for that event.

This x7285438595807590. Palm Springs was cool, but Jocko's is freaking amazing!

I'm sure Tim can find us one with grass. We might have to drive 300 miles to the next course though.

Very interested depending on the time frame. Looked like you guys had a blast!

This x7285438595807590. Palm Springs was cool, but Jocko's is freaking amazing!

I do have to admit.... Jocko's is friggin awesome!

I'm going to mass order patches for Team SoCal's hats. Unless you guys like that hand drawn mess that I did a couple of years ago... hahaha. Greg, I can't believe you still have that hat.
I just need to design a logo...

I'm going to mass order patches for Team SoCal's hats. Unless you guys like that hand drawn mess that I did a couple of years ago... hahaha. Greg, I can't believe you still have that hat.

I am always down to help out if you want

Captain Wonton and Captain itsOpeningDay. LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

Captain Wonton and Captain itsOpeningDay. LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

Negative Ghostrider. I was the Captain 2nd year.
Captain Adam has a good ring to it though!

Negative Ghostrider. I was the Captain 2nd year.
Captain Adam has a good ring to it though!

Hey, I can read just fine! :rofl:

Back