Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux - 2019

In total it is $100 more than what I previously had planned for that Monday but doesn't come with perks of the event and it being private

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well there are pluses/minuses on the NCGA events. Every one I have ever played in the pace of play has been.... not fast. Think they have a shotgun start with 108 players. That means 27 foursomes on the course. There is usually lunch and possibly some other perks (free hat or towels have been given out at some events) and some net/gross skins games. If we had a foursome it would be fun as we could all play together, but otherwise you get paired up with whatever riff raff is showing up solo (I have been that riff raff a few times).

I am game if we have serious interest, we just need to know as the sign ups are this coming monday at 9am and the popular events get sold out in 10 minutes or less. I think the Reno/Truckee events will be open a little longer as that is a haul for most people, but I have been surprised before when one of these sells out quickly.

Well there are pluses/minuses on the NCGA events. Every one I have ever played in the pace of play has been.... not fast. Think they have a shotgun start with 108 players. That means 27 foursomes on the course. There is usually lunch and possibly some other perks (free hat or towels have been given out at some events) and some net/gross skins games. If we had a foursome it would be fun as we could all play together, but otherwise you get paired up with whatever riff raff is showing up solo (I have been that riff raff a few times).

I am game if we have serious interest, we just need to know as the sign ups are this coming monday at 9am and the popular events get sold out in 10 minutes or less. I think the Reno/Truckee events will be open a little longer as that is a haul for most people, but I have been surprised before when one of these sells out quickly.

Yeah, zero interest if I have to play with hacks that aren't you guys. Worth the risk for now? Not sure. Don't want to push the envelope

So we all decide yet....extra round on Friday or Monday?

So we all decide yet....extra round on Friday or Monday?

I think I am going to try and set something up for both at the moment to give everyone options. I will need a general headcount tho. What say you guys?????

This is the preliminary "goal" itinerary. This will give people options to come in early or stay late if they want.

Thursday
- I am going to drive up Thursday night.
- Will stay at cabin (North Shore). Anyone who wants to come up Thursday night has a free place to crash.

Friday
- Golf at Northstar Golf Course around 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. (this would be able to change depending on people getting into the area that morning/afternoon) *Not booked. Location may change
- Will stay at cabin (North Shore). Free to crash.

Saturday
- Tee times booked for Lake Tahoe Open Round #1 @ 1:00 p.m. (Lake Tahoe Golf Course)
- Stay at Airbnb Cabin on State Line

Sunday
- Tee times booked for Lake Tahoe Open Round #2 @ 10:00 a.m. (Edgewood Tahoe)

Monday
- Golf at Genoa Lakes/Ranch around 8:00 a.m. (Could be 36 holes for those who wanna get wild) *Not booked. Location may change
- Stay at my Cabin

Last edited:
This is the preliminary "goal" itinerary. This will give people options to come in early or stay late if they want.

Thursday
- Will stay at cabin (North Shore). Anyone who wants to come up Thursday night has a free place to crash.

Friday
- Golf at Northstar Golf Course around 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. (this would be able to change depending on people getting into the area that morning/afternoon) *Not booked. Location may change

Saturday
- Tee times booked for Lake Tahoe Open Round #1 @ 1:00 p.m. (Lake Tahoe Golf Course)

Sunday

Monday
- Golf at Genoa Lakes/Ranch around 8:00 a.m. (Could be 36 holes for those who wanna get wild) *Not booked. Location may change
- Stay at my Cabin

Well damn.....I might just do Fri-Mon then. Why not?!

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Monday
- Stay at my Cabin

I’m more than likely in for the Friday through Monday golf gauntlet!

This morning mrs.hicksta asked me, "When is your next golf trip?" So I brought up Part Deux and she said "I'll help pay for that." No argument from me! :D

Count me in fri-sat-sun for sure. Monday is iffy.

I am likely Saturday/Sunday only. would love to make Friday work as well, but not sure I can make it happen.

This morning mrs.hicksta asked me, "When is your next golf trip?" So I brought up Part Deux and she said "I'll help pay for that." No argument from me! :D

FlashyEachAngora-small.gif

I'm weekend only right now.

Is your wife single? LMK

I won't be booking those Friday/Monday rounds until a few months out as they usually don't allow advanced tee times for small groups this far out.

I will note everyone's general plan and if it changes just let me know. No worries either way!

I am in for the weekend and Monday for sure, I will see if I can swing Friday as well.

Just for you or for your internet friends too? :D

I’m sorry....only people that are participating in the fun, excitement, thrills, adventure, golfing, eating, story telling, lies, drinking, comradely, laughing, thread updating & flat out times of their lives can post in here.

Is your wife single? LMK

She literally said ‘if you don’t act right’. Best behavior = ALL THE WAY ON

I mean, will you be there?

I’m sorry....only people that are participating in the fun, excitement, thrills, adventure, golfing, eating, story telling, lies, drinking, comradely, laughing, thread updating & flat out times of their lives can post in here.

Well damn

She literally said ‘if you don’t act right’. Best behavior = ALL THE WAY ON

Well damn
Don't act right with this group? Not possible

This was THE funniest thing I read today.

On another note, how do I sign up for this? I can play Sat/Sun, and would like to join you all if you’ll let me
More than welcome to join! At this point it's just letting me know that you're interested.

Refined my flight search to just Sac and Reno this time around. I'm hoping prices from Honolulu to Reno drop so I can scoop up my ticket!

I’d only like to participate in some of that with some of the guys. Okay or nah? :alien:

Nate won’t let me.

Back