Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux - 2019

@SlightDraw - I'm a 12.1 now playa. Gimme my extra pop!!!
Hahahaha

ed68e3b37b432e29cdc44eb6b5b652dc.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you want to take an early look at the setup of this shindig then click the link for the spreadsheet.

- All Lake Tahoe Open Leaderboard and Low Score Leaderboard fields in the main tab will populate automatically when scores are entered for each player, for each hole.

- Once scores are entered, the GENOA RANCH & EDGEWOOD Scoresheets (the other tabs below) will automatically update as well. Here you can view each person you face off against throughout the two rounds. Your scores will be populated from the Leaderboard page and will automatically give you a PTS score that will be totaled.

- POPS (0.5 or -0.5) are listed for each hole. Players handicaps, as well as the specific hole handicap were taken into account for each matchup.

- You will see PTS accumulated already, but these will change over the course of the outing. Current viewing shows only the POPS being record and once the scores are entered, these will change.

If you see an error of some sort please let me know! Wanted to send this out ahead of time so that it is a smooth transition. All in all, everything is setup to run very smooth by the time we begin play. We will simply enter our scores as we go and everything else should be taken care of.

I call dibs on last place because of math and elevation..and because the ball doesn't go where I want it to go!

2 par 3's over 200, huh? That always sounds like fun. :beat-up: I hope the elevation makes them play a couple clubs less. LOL. Time to research elevation adjustments.

Wedge, wedge.

Kidding. But I'd have to imagine at that elevation they'll play atleast a club less.

Wedge, wedge.

Kidding. But I'd have to imagine at that elevation they'll play atleast a club less.

"You can calculate the distance gain you will experience (compared to sea level) by multiplying the elevation (in feet) by .00116. For example, if you're playing in Reno, at 1 mile elevation (5,280 ft.) the increase is about 6% (5,280 x .00116 = 6.1248). If you normally drive the ball 250 yards at sea level, you will likely drive it 265 yards in Reno."

"You can calculate the distance gain you will experience (compared to sea level) by multiplying the elevation (in feet) by .00116. For example, if you're playing in Reno, at 1 mile elevation (5,280 ft.) the increase is about 6% (5,280 x .00116 = 6.1248). If you normally drive the ball 250 yards at sea level, you will likely drive it 265 yards in Reno."
Could you make us another spreadsheet that has each courses elevation, our averaage club yardage and the adjusted calculation please.

Some elevations...

Edgewood (6,200) *7.2%

Genoa (4,800) *5.5%

Incline (6,350) *7.3% *The Mountain course is the highest elevation course in Nevada.

These would be peak increases in distances. The shorter the shot the less of a difference. But bombs away!

Could you make us another spreadsheet that has each courses elevation, our averaage club yardage and the adjusted calculation please.

Please also factor in the 15 year historical prevailing wind gains/reductions.

Ah I forgot about the global warming factor as well

And the DA (density altitude.)

Ah I forgot about the global warming factor as well

These courses are all in Nevada, I think the Global Warming factor only applies in California.

lEsnB8A.gif

Thanks... based on what I read last night, I was thinking about 2% for every 1000 ft increase but I guess that was a little high.

Hahahaha yes! Fair request. Should we put our current club yardages in here or PM? :alien:

Some elevations...

Edgewood (6,200) *7.2%

Genoa (4,800) *5.5%

Incline (6,350) *7.3% *The Mountain course is the highest elevation course in Nevada.

These would be peak increases in distances. The shorter the shot the less of a difference. But bombs away!

Ooooh, thanks. I'm at about 1300 ft currently.

What day are you flying out to CA?

On 8/1. My first Southwest flight back to the mainland. Flying into Oakland then booking it to Tahoe with a quick stop for dinner (CHIPOTLE) on the way.

Some elevations...

Edgewood (6,200) *7.2%

Genoa (4,800) *5.5%

Bad math is going to be my excuse for missing greens..thanks!

How many out of 17 put it on the beach?

I'm more worried about one of us hitting the thousands of spectators watching us from their boats. I expect it to be just like the celebrity tournament. :)

How many out of 17 put it on the beach?

I'm not worried about the beach. I'm more worried about the trees.

<----- tree magnet

Back