Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux - 2019

I got fit by http://hotstixgolf.com/ a few months ago. They talked me into a Taylormade M-4 D-Type with a MITSUBISHI KURO KAGE XT TiNi 60-S shaft.

I have only played a few rounds with it, but so far so good. I am going to get fit for new iron shafts in a few weeks, so I should be good to go for August.

I have the 70-S version of that shaft. It’s superb!

Okay so I sent an email out to everyone interested and gauged their interest in Edgewood on Sun/Mon. Most preferred Sunday so that's what we are going with. It will be Round #2 of the event and should be a great day out.

I currently have 16 slots booked for Edgewood on Sunday. Most likely can add more if needed but the closer we get to the event the harder it will become. Below are the names that have confirmed to me to be in!

2019 Field

1. itsOpeningday
2. mrhicksta
3. Nate
4. Mancest
5. Stemmy66
6. Rock26
7. brianmk24
8. DufferToo
9. Breaking 79
10. tanker337
11. Alez367

Going to great meeting new thpers while catching up with friends from previous events. Can’t wait to get started on travel plans for this. Probably flying into Reno and driving the 45 min to south Tahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect. I’ll get try out Southwest Airlines. Hnl-Sacramento Route.

Going to great meeting new thpers while catching up with friends from previous events. Can’t wait to get started on travel plans for this. Probably flying into Reno and driving the 45 min to south Tahoe
That's what I did last year and was a piece of cake. Not booking a ticket yet because I would still like to play one more round, either that Friday before or the Monday after. Once we get that locked down I'll make the move.

Looks like we might get our first round together in.......finally?!?

That's what I did last year and was a piece of cake. Not booking a ticket yet because I would still like to play one more round, either that Friday before or the Monday after. Once we get that locked down I'll make the move.

Looks like we might get our first round together in.......finally?!?
Well the Friday and/or Monday thing is up to you all you guys. You tell me which you prefer and I can make it happen.

I have the 70-S version of that shaft. It’s superb!

Yeah, so far so good. I am really looking forward to the weather clearing a little to get some more practice in.

Well the Friday and/or Monday thing is up to you all you guys. You tell me which you prefer and I can make it happen.

You're gonna stick around for one of those days right? I think the only reason we played on Monday was because that one county club only allowed public play on Monday. So I'm down with a Friday round to get the weekend kicked off for those that want to play. Little more fun and exciting to play on Friday than on Monday unless we need to due to course requirements. Also, with playing Edgewood on Sunday probably a good course to end on for the weekend. But then again, if Monday had to be pulled for something I can do it.

You're gonna stick around for one of those days right? I think the only reason we played on Monday was because that one county club only allowed public play on Monday. So I'm down with a Friday round to get the weekend kicked off for those that want to play. Little more fun and exciting to play on Friday than on Monday unless we need to due to course requirements. Also, with playing Edgewood on Sunday probably a good course to end on for the weekend. But then again, if Monday had to be pulled for something I can do it.

Yah I plan to take off Friday and Monday (or work from "home")

@mr.hicksta... you planning to do what you did last year?

Yah I plan to take off Friday and Monday (or work from "home")

@mr.hicksta... you planning to do what you did last year?

Yessir! I'm gonna trim a few days off the front end, though.

Hell yeah it is! I can't plan this far ahead but this gets some serious pondering every week.

It’s called a calendar and it’s called filling in “Lake Tahoe Gathering” on the square labeled August 3 and 4.

It’s called a calendar and it’s called filling in “Lake Tahoe Gathering” on the square labeled August 3 and 4.
I'm about to call it the Lake Tahoe Invitational and send his invite to someone else!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What is this new fangled device you speak of?!

I'm about to call it the Lake Tahoe Invitational and send his invite to someone else!

:weep:

With Wonton in again we are sitting at 12. Solid group!

So looking forward to this. Southwest needs to release their schedule beyond August 5 ASAP!

So looking forward to this. Southwest needs to release their schedule beyond August 5 ASAP!
Let me know what day you fly in/out and if you want in on more rounds.

Need them to get the Hawaii flights started, too!

Let me know what day you fly in/out and if you want in on more rounds.

Definitely will do. I'm pondering a stop on 8/1 to play in Denver, then flying into Reno for the Open, playing near Sacramento and/or Pasatiempo before flying out of San Jose. This is all open to interpretation while we're six months out.

Definitely will do. I'm pondering a stop on 8/1 to play in Denver, then flying into Reno for the Open, playing near Sacramento and/or Pasatiempo before flying out of San Jose. This is all open to interpretation while we're six months out.
That's solid. You may be able to get a few people to bite on Pasatiempo!

Back