Lake Tahoe Open - Part Deux - 2019

Delta is kicking butt and taking names this evening. They upgraded my seat and then loaded 1st class while the cleaners do their thing in economy class.

Decisions, decisions, decisions ... cocktails, movie, read, nap, or all the above?

ca160e947d566c63e2416a99694754ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Safe flight Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the pics guys. Extremely jealous of all of you but very happy everyone had a great time.

First things first. Adam, aka itsOpeningDay, aka SlightDraw, THANK YOU for the energy you put into LTO Part Deux. As usual, everything was top notch from the course selection, the prizes and the accommodations. And a huge shoutout to Schanker for throwing down in the kitchen Friday night. The food was incredible!

Today's round was the sixth round I've played since last Wednesday and I'm definitely exhausted. That said though, I enjoyed every second of this trip! I had a blast meeting new faces and catching up with the guys I've played with before. The energy throughout the weekend was exceedingly positive and the conditions were absolutely PERFECT.

I'd rank the courses as follows: Edgewood, Incline Village Championship Course, Genoa Lakes, Genoa Ranch and Incline Village Mountain Course. While the first two crack my top 10 played list, it was a lot of fun adjusting to each course. Here are a few of my favorite pics!

PnnVqt6l.jpg

o3ErTFLl.jpg

hzonsKXl.jpg

gG5Pnhjl.jpg

GFPqVxpl.jpg

I told Adam I'm in for whatever LTO v3 ends up being and I have no doubt it will be even better than the first two! As for me, I'm heading back to my island so if any of you ever find yourself out there, hit me up and we'll get a round in!

giphy.gif

First things first. Adam, aka itsOpeningDay, aka SlightDraw, THANK YOU for the energy you put into LTO Part Deux. As usual, everything was top notch from the course selection, the prizes and the accommodations. And a huge shoutout to Schanker for throwing down in the kitchen Friday night. The food was incredible!

Today's round was the sixth round I've played since last Wednesday and I'm definitely exhausted. That said though, I enjoyed every second of this trip! I had a blast meeting new faces and catching up with the guys I've played with before. The energy throughout the weekend was exceedingly positive and the conditions were absolutely PERFECT.

I'd rank the courses as follows: Edgewood, Incline Village Championship Course, Genoa Lakes, Genoa Ranch and Incline Village Mountain Course. While the first two crack my top 10 played list, it was a lot of fun adjusting to each course. Here are a few of my favorite pics!

PnnVqt6l.jpg

o3ErTFLl.jpg

hzonsKXl.jpg

gG5Pnhjl.jpg

GFPqVxpl.jpg

I told Adam I'm in for whatever LTO v3 ends up being and I have no doubt it will be even better than the first two! As for me, I'm heading back to my island so if any of you ever find yourself out there, hit me up and we'll get a round in!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Im finally on my way home. Surpisingly quick through baggage claim. Time to rest before the 4:30am alarm.

A quick review of the weekend:

How much I enjoyed meeting everyone, and just the overall experience .....

giphy.gif

My golf game .....

ImaginativePreciousCaribou-max-1mb.gif

Shanewu and I inadvertently met up with JHicks in the highway traffic and we dropped anchor at Chick-Fil-A for dinner.

A happy and well-fed Shane and Brian in the car
07911ee9a0420c73ada9ccfaa3ac81ce.jpg

Finally thought of who Brian reminds me of with this picture:

584964-3x2-940x627.jpg

Interesting match format this year as it literally came down to the last hole to decide who the 2019 Tahoe Open winner (or weiner) would be.

With 5 holes remaining leaderboard was:

Brian - 22 pts.
Nate - 20 pts.
Kev - 19.5 pts
vortex - 18 pts

Heading into the 18th hole:

Brian - 24 pts
Nate - 24 pts
Kev - 21.5 pts
vortex - 20 pts

Came down to the final hole!

Expanding on Nate's post, here are the final results and some fun notes about the weekend after a quick once over.

Link to Google Sheets Scoring

Brianmk24 had 9 straight 1 PT Wins (Holes #6-#14) during RD #1. He recieved PTS on 15 of 18 Holes. The only people to beat him were Vortex, Nate & San Diego Native.

Nate never tied during RD #1. He went 5-5 on the holes in which he had to give up a pop. He went 6-0 on the holes playing straight up.

Six people were able to collect PTS against 15 of 16 golfers. (Brianmk24, Kevin81002, Nate, Shanewu, SlightDraw, Vortex). No one collected PTS off of every single opponent.

cNgZYpu.png

JACIsQ3.png

NrtYmNf.png

A Grid breakdown showing the PTS collected vs. one another.

qMQQS0J.png

Now regarding the Top 3 and how the final results worked out. It came down to the final hole

Etet8im.png

Great stuff Adam! Not surprised that I was shut out against you on our 2 holes. :thumb:

Nice work Adam! I had some ugly scores, hoping I get the invite for next year :). I know I can play better and sneak a long drive past Nate.

Nice work Adam! I had some ugly scores, hoping I get the invite for next year :). I know I can play better and sneak a long drive past Nate.

Just hang out with me; ugly scores, middle of the pack and having fun!

Little clip of Nate, Mike, Josh, Shane and my tee shots on #17. Nate shot some video as well but his zooming out on the Lake might be considered nsfw

What a great weekend!!! Thanks so much to SlightDraw for setting it up!!!
It was a blast catching up with a couple THPers I knew and meeting a whole bunch of new THPers. The golf was amazing,especially Edgewood, and I'd play any one of the courses again. Something like this is exactly why I'm on THP!

Thanks to Schenker for cooking for everyone Friday night. I'm going to have to try to copy that Tri-Tip and thanks to Kev for driving me up to Reno, it was tight but I made my flight!
If anyone is heading to Phoenix, hit me up.

Fingers are crossed that I get the invite to #3!!!

What a great weekend!!! Thanks so much to SlightDraw for setting it up!!!
It was a blast catching up with a couple THPers I knew and meeting a whole bunch of new THPers. The golf was amazing,especially Edgewood, and I'd play any one of the courses again. Something like this is exactly why I'm on THP!

Thanks to Schenker for cooking for everyone Friday night. I'm going to have to try to copy that Tri-Tip and thanks to Kev for driving me up to Reno, it was tight but I made my flight!
If anyone is heading to Phoenix, hit me up.

Fingers are crossed that I get the invite to #3!!!

Yeah I think we both kind of lost track of time hanging out in the cabin. lol

Interesting match format this year as it literally came down to the last hole to decide who the 2019 Tahoe Open winner (or weiner) would be.

With 5 holes remaining leaderboard was:

Brian - 22 pts.
Nate - 20 pts.
Kev - 19.5 pts
vortex - 18 pts

Heading into the 18th hole:

Brian - 24 pts
Nate - 24 pts
Kev - 21.5 pts
vortex - 20 pts

Came down to the final hole!

giphy.gif

Very cool to see the data. Would I have changed the way I played 18, if I had known the score? Hmmm.

Our group had 3 pars and Stemmy66 dropped a sweet birdie bomb on #17. Schanker and I were 16' - 18' from the pin for the closest to the pin contest. :good:

We arrived on the 18th tee and wanted to give it our best effort for the long drive contest. Stemmy66 started off with a good shot that clipped the trees on the left. Kevin and Schanker striped it down the middle. Schanker won group honors by about 3'. I pulled a rookie move and swung like a 13 year old kid. Thankfully, it's hard to hit it through those big pine trees on the right or it might have made the lake. Schanker used 6 iron and Kevin used a 7 iron for their approach shots. Dagnabit, I should have followed their lead.

Last edited:
Expanding on Nate's post, here are the final results and some fun notes about the weekend after a quick once over.

Link to Google Sheets Scoring

Brianmk24 had 9 straight 1 PT Wins (Holes #6-#14) during RD #1. He recieved PTS on 15 of 18 Holes. The only people to beat him were Vortex, Nate & San Diego Native.

Nate never tied during RD #1. He went 5-5 on the holes in which he had to give up a pop. He went 6-0 on the holes playing straight up.

Six people were able to collect PTS against 15 of 16 golfers. (Brianmk24, Kevin81002, Nate, Shanewu, SlightDraw, Vortex). No one collected PTS off of every single opponent.

cNgZYpu.png

JACIsQ3.png

NrtYmNf.png

A Grid breakdown showing the PTS collected vs. one another.

qMQQS0J.png

Now regarding the Top 3 and how the final results worked out. It came down to the final hole

Etet8im.png
Thanks for putting this up, Adam. This nerd likes data. I'll check it out over the weekend after I get home from the rest of the trip.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thank You Adam for EVERYTHING! Most know what you do in getting this event put together but I think it's worth pointing out every chance we get. From selecting the weekend, getting the courses and tee times (discounts when they come available!), arranging lodging, keeping up with the signups/questions, keeping up with that spreadsheet/scoring and even pouring your own $$$ into the set up and prizes when you didn't have to. Thank you. You are a big reason I came last year and look forward to hopefully keeping this outing going into next year.

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure seeing some old friends and and an honor meeting others for the first time. This event brings out some good seeds and I'm happy being apart of it.

The courses, well, they have become my little slice of heaven. I love this Tahoe area and will have it on the calendar going into next year. Had one heck of a time with you all!

"A tradition unlike any other"

Thank You Adam for EVERYTHING! Most know what you do in getting this event put together but I think it's worth pointing out every chance we get. From selecting the weekend, getting the courses and tee times (discounts when they come available!), arranging lodging, keeping up with the signups/questions, keeping up with that spreadsheet/scoring and even pouring your own $$$ into the set up and prizes when you didn't have to. Thank you. You are a big reason I came last year and look forward to hopefully keeping this outing going into next year.

Gentlemen, it was a pleasure seeing some old friends and and an honor meeting others for the first time. This event brings out some good seeds and I'm happy being apart of it.

The courses, well, they have become my little slice of heaven. I love this Tahoe area and will have it on the calendar going into next year. Had one heck of a time with you all!

"A tradition unlike any other"

giphy.gif

Thanks for all you did to make this happen, Adam! You went above and beyond and it turned out awesome. Thanks for all the rides and Thursday night accommodations.

Also need to thank Jay and Brian for the rides!

The courses and company were awesome. So glad I got to meet up with my first THP friends and make some new ones and put faces with names.

Shanewu and I inadvertently met up with JHicks in the highway traffic and we dropped anchor at Chick-Fil-A for dinner.

A happy and well-fed Shane and Brian in the car
07911ee9a0420c73ada9ccfaa3ac81ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed the convo during the drive!

First off thank you @SlightDraw for pulling this thing together and executing all of the details flawlessly. I can’t think of one thing that could have been better (maybe another round at Edgewood!)

To the participants, it was a pleasure meeting new guys and getting to put a face to the forum name. It was also fun catching up with guys I’ve had the pleasure of meeting previously. True to THP and this community everyone was friendly and easy to get along with.

Hopefully this one makes a return next year because it quickly rose to the top of golf trips I would take no questions asked.

A few pictures from the weekend

8eae7b330d6280cdb70a0fbfe8291bd0.jpg

8026db9f74b98da1e53dd887d0c264e7.jpg

d11cb1a616bceaf7353e8e83135c4709.jpg

db229bc62ad4d7df76e0cf2e352a67cb.jpg

5533efbaa8216ef809e7c2ae76a5c20d.jpg

19451a44450624abecbf6cd109e15fb2.jpg

87337b561fcdba152d0e7c48c1895c90.jpg

First off thank you @SlightDraw for pulling this thing together and executing all of the details flawlessly. I can’t think of one thing that could have been better (maybe another round at Edgewood!)

To the participants, it was a pleasure meeting new guys and getting to put a face to the forum name. It was also fun catching up with guys I’ve had the pleasure of meeting previously. True to THP and this community everyone was friendly and easy to get along with.

Hopefully this one makes a return next year because it quickly rose to the top of golf trips I would take no questions asked.

A few pictures from the weekend

8eae7b330d6280cdb70a0fbfe8291bd0.jpg

8026db9f74b98da1e53dd887d0c264e7.jpg

d11cb1a616bceaf7353e8e83135c4709.jpg

db229bc62ad4d7df76e0cf2e352a67cb.jpg

5533efbaa8216ef809e7c2ae76a5c20d.jpg

19451a44450624abecbf6cd109e15fb2.jpg

87337b561fcdba152d0e7c48c1895c90.jpg

Looks like great courses and great times. What is the speed limit sign all about, do you tee off over a road?

Back