Napa California Area - Golf etc?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all,

Traveling to Napa at the end of August for my brother in law’s wedding.

Never been to Napa.

Recommendation for things to do, golf etc? Certainly we will be looking for a vineyard tour or the like.

Any golf worth a drive?

Just curious.... thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Vines and Chardonnay are fun courses... they are just south of Napa and I play their quite often. Holes wind through vineyards so it really does give you that Napa feel. The only other course I have played in the area was Silverado (Safeway Open). I would recommend Silverado (North Course) if you can get on. Sometimes you need to book a room to play.

6948-media-fix1.jpg

chardonnay-15.jpg

I can also give you non golf recommendations based on what you are planning to do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I can also give you non golf recommendations based on what you are planning to do.

Awesome! Thank you!

Yes, would love some info on where to stay, also perhaps things to do with a 5yr old (if you happen to know)!

Thank you so much!

Eagle Vines and Chardonnay are fun courses... they are just south of Napa and I play their quite often. Holes wind through vineyards so it really does give you that Napa feel. The only other course I have played in the area was Silverado (Safeway Open). I would recommend Silverado (North Course) if you can get on. Sometimes you need to book a room to play.

6948-media-fix1.jpg

chardonnay-15.jpg

I second this. Eagle Vines specifically. Reasonably priced and better than Chardonnay in my opinion. Of Course Silverado North (make sure you order the Cheesburger on a hotdog bun at the turn - actually order two). Have fun!

I played Chardonnay on the recommendation of some folks here and liked it a lot. It's an interesting layout with 6 par 3, 6 par 4, and 6 par 5.

I played Chardonnay on the recommendation of some folks here and liked it a lot. It's an interesting layout with 6 par 3, 6 par 4, and 6 par 5.

What did you think of the greens? They can be super tough when they put the flags in some certain spots

What did you think of the greens? They can be super tough when they put the flags in some certain spots

There were definitely some 3 putts. It was really wet when I was there so I’m not sure I got the full experience greens wise.

Inn on Randolph (B&B) in Napa that has fantastic breakfasts. We loved it. Will stay again when we return to the area.

The vineyards we visited were Robert Mondavi (a good informative tour), Round Pond, Frog's Leap (small place that was our favorite), and Schramsburg. The Schramsburg tour was really unique as they've carved out tunnels and large rooms out of a mountain for all of their sparkling wines. So, you walk through tunnel after tunnel of just bottles.

I can't add anything to the golf portion of the discussion. :)

Oh, The Model Bakery. English muffins. Get some.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Traveling to Napa at the end of August for my brother in law’s wedding.

Never been to Napa.

Recommendation for things to do, golf etc? Certainly we will be looking for a vineyard tour or the like.

Any golf worth a drive?

Just curious.... thank you guys!

If it is within your budget stay at Silverado Resort. Beautiful resort grounds including lots of swimming pools, walking trails, spa, tennis courts, two golf courses etc... Most of the available rentals have kitchens , which saves you from having to go to pay up for every meal at a restaurant. Here is a link to Silverado:

https://www.silveradoresort.com/accommodations

If it is within your budget stay at Silverado Resort. Beautiful resort grounds including lots of swimming pools, walking trails, spa, tennis courts, two golf courses etc... Most of the available rentals have kitchens , which saves you from having to go to pay up for every meal at a restaurant. Here is a link to Silverado:

https://www.silveradoresort.com/accommodations
I'd second this and try and do the stay and play. For our anniversary each year my wife and I do the golf special which is accommodations plus a round of golf + an additional round of golf after 2pm the day you arrival. It's a steal... Especially since napas accomodations are usually high all by themselves.

Thank you all, headed out tomorrow to Napa!

DNice26;n8882436 said:
Thank you all, headed out tomorrow to Napa!

You picked a great weekend to head up there. Have fun! Still playing some golf?

SlightDraw;n8882965 said:
You picked a great weekend to head up there. Have fun! Still playing some golf?

Yes, playing tomorrow morning at a place called Eagle Vines. Just playing the one time. If you have any food or attraction ideas, I’m all ears!!!

Thank you!!!

Hey guys,

So playing Eagle Vines today....

The short of it is that it is one of worst golf courses I’ve ever played in terms of condition. The greens are embarrassing. The views are pretty but the bunkers and greens are sad.

The layout I suppose has potential...but wow, bad.

Sorry to report this for anyone that likes this course.

DNice26;n8885395 said:
Hey guys,

So playing Eagle Vines today....

The short of it is that it is one of worst golf courses I’ve ever played in terms of condition. The greens are embarrassing. The views are pretty but the bunkers and greens are sad.

The layout I suppose has potential...but wow, bad.

Sorry to report this for anyone that likes this course.

Thanks for sharing, a member of our board wanted to have our away tournament there... glad we chose somewhere else.

mancest;n8885458 said:
Thanks for sharing, a member of our board wanted to have our away tournament there... glad we chose somewhere else.

You should be very happy about that. Almost tempted to ask for money back. I wont of course, but its bad...

aa3b8c53c7c226b3f50c014b4752313e.jpg

Views: fantastic

Golf course condition: not so much

Back