The 2019 Ben Hogan Experience Travel Thread

I never paid attention to that before. Never thought of you not having one. Team JB: pressure is on.

Only played in a couple, but it’s on for this one. Team Tyler has no chance with my squad of incredible.

Tyler and I will arrive together on Friday so will most likely be our for practice rounds but keep in mind for timing that dinner Friday night is between 6:30 and 7pm and we have a nice private room at a BBQ place that is downtown.

When arranging travel and extra rounds, give yourself enough time to shower and change before dinner.

I keep going back and forth between the Edge irons and PTx/Pro’s. On one hand I probably need the forgiveness of the Edge irons but I love the look of the Pro’s. My 765’s should be in tomorrow or Tuesday. Those should give me a better idea on what I need forgiveness wise and it’ll be my first go round with a V sole.

I would think the PTx Pros will be more forgiving and approachable then the 765's. The Edge are sweet irons too and you really can't go wrong with either.

Only played in a couple, but it’s on for this one. Team Tyler has no chance with my squad of incredible.

Tyler and I will arrive together on Friday so will most likely be our for practice rounds but keep in mind for timing that dinner Friday night is between 6:30 and 7pm and we have a nice private room at a BBQ place that is downtown.

When arranging travel and extra rounds, give yourself enough time to shower and change before dinner.

HOF Tag huh?! How is Tyler's game this year?

Team JB vs Team Tyler will be an incredible follow - I'm looking forward to this one!

I picked Team Tyler because I figured me an JB on the same team would be confusing to everyone following the event! Plus, I will be able to talk about Ben Hogan stuff with Tyler!

I'll be putting in a lot of work in the next 2 months getting ready for this. First chance at a HOF tag and I'll be ready!

Tyler is a stick, only person I have ever seen hit driver off the deck and stop it on the green....from 275 out

Delta is 200 or less direct rdu to Nashville.

Do you have a flight number? I can't find any. $256 is the cheapest but the times don't work.

2 months out and it begins.. I'm a terrible trash talker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If it's like previous events, sometime between now and club selection day, JB/golfergal will post the selection criteria. We'll likely have a couple of days to look over the catalog and decide what we're want, shafts, flex, etc.. I've been browsing all day, but possibly in vain as we don't know what's on the table. It will be clear cut, you'll make your selection and when you arrive the clubs will be waiting for you. As for the woods, that's one of JB's patented surprises as BH doesn't currently have anything on the market... but possibly they will before selection date. BH does make some extremely fine putters that are in the hands of THP'ers currently for review. Not that I'm an expert by any means as this is only my 2nd event, but we'll get you through it! Soak it in man, there's no party like a THP party! If you come in early, lmk I'm not too far and we're could definitely meet up somewhere between here & there. Kenny Perry has a nice little public course just north of Nashville if anyone is interested in visiting it.

Sounds good! Glad To have a couple months to hone some kind of golf swing lol. Can’t wait!

2 months out and it begins.. I'm a terrible trash talker.

Same here! Hopefully our sticks will do the talking. :bashful:

AKA: I don't like eating with smelly people haha

Can't wait to follow along guys. I might even be easily talked into a Friday round in Nashville if you'll have me.

AKA: I don't like eating with smelly people haha

Can't wait to follow along guys. I might even be easily talked into a Friday round in Nashville if you'll have me.

Does anybody?

Does anybody?

There are people out there who think Jets is the best pizza on the planet so I’m sure there’s one or two who love a good steak and some BO

So if everyone is wanting to play a round Friday I better not sell my clubs just yet, lol.

So if everyone is wanting to play a round Friday I better not sell my clubs just yet, lol.

Yep I am definitely in for a round on Friday probably around 10am to give us time to get back and shower for dinner.

Yep I am definitely in for a round on Friday probably around 10am to give us time to get back and shower for dinner.

I should be able to make it down there that early.

I'm gladly in for a Thursday or Friday pre-round!

Do you have a flight number? I can't find any. $256 is the cheapest but the times don't work.

I did the 20th through the 24th

6194 leaving

6279 returning

Screenshot_20190421-205751.png

I did the 20th through the 24th 6194 leaving 6279 returning 168View attachment 38922
I appreciate all of your help, but there's no way I can fly in Thursday and out Monday. It looks like I'm driving. Plus, at least now I know my new Ben Hogan golf clubs will be safe in my trunk.

Jbuck31 LLIB and myself just booked an Airbnb for Friday and Saturday night. I'll be more than likely driving in Thursday so I can check out Nashville and finding a place to stay that night for some morning golf Friday.

Last edited:
I appreciate all of your help, but there's no way I can fly in Thursday and out Monday. It looks like I'm driving. Plus, at least now I know my new Ben Hogan golf clubs will be safe in my trunk.

Got ya.

Jbuck31 LLIB and myself just booked an Airbnb for Friday and Saturday night. I'll be more than likely driving in Thursday so I can check out Nashville and finding a place to stay that night for some morning golf Friday.
Depending on which way you come through you might be in my neighborhood Thursday if you want to meet up, I'm game. Plus you'll likely get a room cheaper here than Nashville, & you'll only be like an hour and a half out Friday morning. Just an option!

Last edited:
Qwkz51-You are all squared away for lodging, right? Jrt13-What are your plans?

Depending on which way you come through you might be in my neighborhood Thursday if you want to meet up, I'm game. Plus you'll likely get a room cheaper here than Nashville, & you'll only be like an hour and a half out Friday morning. Just an option!

That might be a plan, what town are you in?

I will probably be coming in Thursday night as well. I have about a 7 hour drive and would love to get a practice round in.

Back