The 2019 Ben Hogan Experience Travel Thread

Well, I just lucked into a round trip ticket on Delta from Raleigh to Nashville for $156! I hate flying, but at that price...gotta do what I gotta do! I will be in Nashville at 8:30 AM Friday morning. Should be able to make a practice round. Problem is I'm not bringing clubs with me then taking 2 sets home. Delta is crazy with the checked bag fees! So, can I rent clubs at Gaylord Springs? Second question, how do I get the new clubs home? Do I need a hard case to put them in? Any suggestions...never flew with golf clubs before!

I like a hard shell case, a lot of the guys on here like soft cases with backbones. If you want to save a couple bucks, I can bring a set for you so you don't have to rent. Easy for me to transport multiple sets.

I'm in for a Friday morning round too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good Lord a lot has changed in a few hours. This morning I didn't have a place to stay, I was driving, and I had to pay my entry fee. Now I am flying, I'm staying with the enemy(Thank you very much!), and entry fee is paid! My VISA card is getting a work out today!

Good Lord a lot has changed in a few hours. This morning I didn't have a place to stay, I was driving, and I had to pay my entry fee. Now I am flying, I'm staying with the enemy(Thank you very much!), and entry fee is paid! My VISA card is getting a work out today!
You'll understand in a couple weeks how well worth it they are.

Whatever you do, don't be late to dinner.

You can call me whatever you want to...just don't call me late for supper!

Qwkz51-You are all squared away for lodging, right? Jrt13-What are your plans?

Still in the planning process. Likely will be staying in a vrbo with family that week.

Ok the Caddie Twist changes up the practice round situation a little, If possible, I’d like to go out with JBC3, Jrt13, & Q...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed for practice round action...

What! You're not going to describe your THP adventure of walking out your front door? Lol. Travel is why I didn't attempt an entry on this awesomeness. had to tease, while learning how this plays out. General JDax, your order is to get tagged!

Everyone has their lodging arrangements already done, this will be here before we know it!

Well, I just lucked into a round trip ticket on Delta from Raleigh to Nashville for $156! I hate flying, but at that price...gotta do what I gotta do! I will be in Nashville at 8:30 AM Friday morning. Should be able to make a practice round. Problem is I'm not bringing clubs with me then taking 2 sets home. Delta is crazy with the checked bag fees! So, can I rent clubs at Gaylord Springs? Second question, how do I get the new clubs home? Do I need a hard case to put them in? Any suggestions...never flew with golf clubs before!

I knew you would find something good. Delta is cheap out of RDU.

Ok the Caddie Twist changes up the practice round situation a little, If possible, I’d like to go out with JBC3, Jrt13, & Q...

Agreed. Would love to go out with my guys as well. Gonna be a great weekend guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t know if I’ll be able to do any extra rounds. If so it would be Friday. I may go do a tiny bit of sightseeing though, never been to Nashville.

Let’s make this Friday round happen!

Let’s make this Friday round happen!

I’m in for sure. I forgot about Nashville being central time so I’ll gain an hour. Should be able to do a 10-10:30 round.

I knew you would find something good. Delta is cheap out of RDU.

Yeah, I was surprised they were cheaper than Southwest. I used to fly from Raleigh to Nashville in college roundtrip for $99. That was 2002! Southwest wanted $304. For the price of the Delta ticket, I think they are just gonna duct tape me to the outside or crop dust a field in Cookeville on the way in!

Has anyone used Ship Sticks before? Delta is charging $60 for a checked bag, so I'm wondering if this is a viable option?

Has anyone used Ship Sticks before? Delta is charging $60 for a checked bag, so I'm wondering if this is a viable option?

I haven't, but I have looked into it before. It costs quite a bit if I remember correctly.

Yeah I hardshell cased it and paid for a check bag. It still should be under the 50lb limit.

Ship Sticks is $60 for 2 day delivery. Who do you trust more...them or the airline?

Might check with UPS or FEDEX. I’ve heard of guys shipping them that way fairly cheap.

I have never stayed at an air b&b before. Do we have to bring sheets, blankets, pillows, etc? Is there a cleaning fee?

I have never stayed at an air b&b before. Do we have to bring sheets, blankets, pillows, etc? Is there a cleaning fee?
Usually they tell you if you need any of that, but reach out to your air bnb contact, they'll tell ya. As for the cleaning fee, yes there usually is a fee tacked on top of the total bill. We've enjoyed our experiences with air bnb!

I'll PM you the link to the place we are staying.

Cleaning fee was included as well

Back